Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes failed this season but he has as long as he wants. Anyone blaming him and not the players is genuinely clueless.

He will walk very soon though. These players aren't arsed.

I dont think we should change manager. Consistency is something this club needs and Ancelotti is far better than any alternative. However he has made a few mistakes repetitively this year, Coleman is not a wingback. His attacking play is poor, it upsets our balance to much. He is best as a defensive right back. It is costing us too much to continue with him there.

Seems a lot of people aren't paying attention to Carlo's career.

He doesn't really have a "system". He doesn't really believe in "positions". He fits the formation to the players he has, he fits the players to the positions they have "skills" to play. This is why we've seen Davies play wing back at times, or Sigurdsson playing as an inverted winger.

He's messed up by ceding his managerial intelligence to cater for cryarses like Richarlison claiming to be a centreforward on a terrible run of form for over a year. DCL playing through the centre and not doing any defensive work was a masterstroke and made him look like an actual centreforward - his downturn in form has stemmed from 2-up-top and having to drop deep to get the ball because there's no Richy at least putting a shift in on the wing.

He can still succeed here. He doesn't even need quality, because the state of the squad is so bad. He needs slightly better, more robust, more energetic and most importantly more driven personalities throughout the entire squad. Allan was a great start but is also in his 30s.

Hes failed this season but he has as long as he wants. Anyone blaming him and not the players is genuinely clueless.

He will walk very soon though. These players aren't arsed.
Well as it's his job to motivate them for a game, I guess that makes it his fault...

So who is your alternative?
To Ancelotti?

I dont know. Im not even thinking of it because Ancelotti gets up to Christmas.

But we need to seriously start thinking about this, because it looks like a last big pay day appointment for a manager who doesn't fit this club.

You answered your own question at the end. You don't pick players who don't try and you don't pick players who can't play different systems.

No one is going to tell me any different that a 17 year old u18 academy player wouldn't provide more zip, purpose and enthusiasm than What's been offered by the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Gylfi, Richarlison, Delph this season.
You answered your own question at the end. You don't pick players who don't try and you don't pick players who can't play different systems.

No one is going to tell me any different that a 17 year old u18 academy player wouldn't provide more zip, purpose and enthusiasm than What's been offered by the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Gylfi, Richarlison, Delph this season.
He’s making the best out of an awful bunch of players. Play a 17 year is easily said, but if no 17 years are ready/up to it. It’s a massive jump. You’d expect a few more senior players to actually do better than a 17 year from the academy. If they don’t, that’s on the player not Carlo. I believe next season if we spend money in the transfer window. Can Carlo really be judged.

Do you know whats just as frustrating as Everton the fans saying "Carlo hasn't got any other choice but to play these players". Give it a rest. 0 improvement.

So you admit he’s basically totally ineffective but there’s nothing better out there.

flawed reasoning imo
I’m just posing a few questions to the posters that want to see the back of him after his first full season. I feel we have bigger issues going on in the club, notably our loser mentality and it’s not going anywhere even with the constant changing of manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back