Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes failed this season but he has as long as he wants. Anyone blaming him and not the players is genuinely clueless.

He will walk very soon though. These players aren't arsed.

Meh. Putting no blame at all on him is weak. Its clearly a combination of both players and manager... our full strength squad just lost to a relegated side with 17 points ! If a manager cant motivate his players (the midfield are all his signings) then that's not great management is it.

Well as it's his job to motivate them for a game, I guess that makes it his fault...

Anyone who needs anyone else to motivate them on a daily basis is not a winner. I hate people who shirk responsibility at work and the same applies on a football pitch.

These players are lazy and losers.

Carlo said he's embarrassed.

Takes responsibility..... I assume he will be getting the axe out.

Man should just walk away tbh.

He’s humiliating his record here.

We can get Chris Wilder then and everyone will expect us to play mesmerising football and win every home game with the same group of players.

So what’s the answer then? How many managers have we got to get through until we get the right one? Do we continue to waste millions in paying out managers contracts?

If players can get enthused under Koeman, Silva etc, you can somewhat understand.

But Ancelotti is a world recognised, excellent manager and they can’t even raise their game for him.

We’ve invested heavily for years in the wrong players. Fodder, who don’t improve us. It’s criminal, we have absolutely no flair or creativity and absolutely zero pace, that we all get excited when Godfrey goes on a run.

nearly £500m invested and who do we keep from it all, from outside of this season? Digne, Richarlison and Pickford.

Embarassing. Look at Leicester’s spending and look at ours. One won a major trophy and expect to play in the elite European compettlition, we’ve just lost to a side relegated 5 weeks ago.

I tend to agree tbh and it was my one worry when he signed. We really needed someone to come in and shake things up. Ancelotti will attract some decent players, but he's too easy going. They loved him at Real and PSG because he's laidback, but we don't have the quality for that.

Let's see who he signs in the summer. Worst case scenario he could build a decent foundation for someone young and exciting to come in.
It's too great a job for a manager who was almost in retirement in Canada with his feet up before Moshiri threw a king's ransom at him.

If tonight was a one off, I wouldn't be worried it wasn't though it's a pattern that even the weaker teams in the prem have sussed out, put a bit of effort in, and you are half way there to getting a result against us.
We have no identity.
Never the same first 11.
Young player are not coming through. And most of the others are not processing, with the exception of maybe Godfrey and DLC
To slow, predictable.
Would give him this season as the squad are crap and have proved it for years a miracle worker wouldn't get a tune out of them, but if its the same boring passionless, slow rubbish by xmas he will in trouble.

I said Bielsa a few weeks back, to the usual denunciations.

I'm not being horrible mate, but if we got hammered for 6 at OT, let a lead slip at Anfield to lose 4-3 and went out of the FA Cup with a hammering at Crawley, Bielsa would have been chased out of here by now.

He gets some great results, but people would grow sick of the inconsistency.

Just looking at the table, we are three points off sixth and seventh, but both Spurs and West Ham have superior goal differences. So while during the season we had hopes for the top four, to end up finishing eight or ninth is a massive kick in the teeth. As of now, a rubbish Arsenal team are just one point behind us. A busy summer awaits. The upcoming transfer window, will make or break the Ancelotti era at Everton imo.
We’ll finish 10th for sure

Not watched the game so how it played out I don't know.
What I do know is losing so many home games in what appears the same manner , not tactics now, or players picked, but attitude I think does fall to the whole management team.
A question needs to be asked, players rolling up after a game saying it ain't good enough is galling, the manager has clearly not addressed this, getting rid of bad apples in his team, on and off the pitch.
Time to be really ruthless Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back