Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand everyone complaining about the players is that the excuse, since pretty much October, has been 'he's got injuries, we can't POSSIBLY play like we did at the beginning of the season until we have all of our first choice 11 fit".

WTF was today then? He had literally every first choice available except for Mina and, apparently, it was exactly what a bunch of people have been saying "this is concerning" for awhile and getting slated for it.

To be fair though, if we have Mina fit, we dont concede that goal. He stays with his man and clears the ball away.

There are very few more experienced, more successful managers in Football than Carlo Ancelotti.

That does not mean he is the RIGHT manager.

Carlo still deserves our full support, in my view, but If it does not work out with CA, the right manager could be a person with no prior PL exp. It needs to be someone with a clear identity, a forward thinking playing style and the confidence to implement it.

That could be a lot of managers. The best manager doesn’t always work. The right manager is what we need to find. Someone hungry to prove something, ambitious.

I know it’s hard for people to not knee jerk, but let’s just see what happens in the summer and at least the start of next season.

It was never going to be a quick fix with this group of players and in 18 months Brands has signed him 4 players worthy of starting. The rest of the squad is just as bad, if not worse, than when he took over.

I have faith that with some decent additions all will be good.

I'm not being horrible mate, but if we got hammered for 6 at OT, let a lead slip at Anfield to lose 4-3 and went out of the FA Cup with a hammering at Crawley, Bielsa would have been chased out of here by now.

He gets some great results, but people would grow sick of the inconsistency.
Different resources here though.

And if (as I suspect) the club's overall strategy is to merely stay in the PL to move into that stadium, then Ild rather be entertained while doing so.

Anyone who needs anyone else to motivate them on a daily basis is not a winner.

Lots of professional athletes have coaches etc who motivate them daily. If a manager isn't motivating his staff when they are underperforming that's sloppy management. Lewis Hamilton is one of the most successful sport starts in the world and he literally lives full time with someone whose job it is to keep him focussed and motivated. He is definitely a winner.

When’s the last time he managed a team of players this bad?

And that’s not to say we’re even that bad- we’re a comfortable PL side. And it’s also not to say he doesn’t know how to coach as obviously he does.

I just can’t imagine Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Modric etc. needed much coaching on how to pass and move.
I mean that's literally what you're saying. He's only any good if the players don't need coaching. That [Poor language removed] isn't going to work here.

Different resources here though.

And if (as I suspect) the club's overall strategy is to merely stay in the PL to move into that stadium, then Ild rather be entertained while doing so.

It is different resources, but most of the players are complete chances arent they?

I can have we have a better squad on paper, but in actuality this group is all wrong.

I'm not being horrible mate, but if we got hammered for 6 at OT, let a lead slip at Anfield to lose 4-3 and went out of the FA Cup with a hammering at Crawley, Bielsa would have been chased out of here by now.

He gets some great results, but people would grow sick of the inconsistency.

Bielsa brings a style of play and intensity that Everton fans could buy in to, though.

He would have greater resources here than he does at Leeds and could build something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back