Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
His subs are crap. Badly timed, almost always mad changes when we need to be on the front foot.

He got good at lobbing Iwobi on late on to waste some time.

Like in the home game v Villa, it was clear it wasn't working so why not change?

And what the hell in the name of everything that is sacred was his plan for the second half today?

4-4-2, with James and Gylfi wide off the ball, but then on the ball, Doucoure - who can't pass - and Allan playing wide when we had the ball to funnel the ball through, but all Sheff Utd quickly realised they had to do was press and there was no way through?

Like... it was effing abysmal.

Newcastle at Goodison was a prime example of that Toff, they hadn't won a game for yonks before they played us but they worked out all they had to do was press us all over the gaff and we would struggle.

I just don’t see these players putting the work in. If I was DCL I’d be spending every minute of every day working on improving the first touch off both feet and finishing with both feet. I can’t believe he’s doing that as he’s got worse and worse as the season has gone on. Same with Richarlison. You would think Coleman, if he really believes all the tripe he speaks, would be out there hitting a thousand crosses a day until he turned into the best crosser of the ball in the league. Like a golfer dissecting their swing, he’d find out his technical failings and resolve them. He hasn’t in over a decade though.

Lazy players.

+100000

There's no patterns of play. Or bits of play were you know they worked on that in training.

Finishing is largely woeful. Do they even work on that?

What do they do?
I've said it for sometime now that what do these get up to in training,it looks like these hope for the best come matchday,no style,no movement,no pace hence why we play the most boring football in the league.

He needs to find a formula where we don't get dominanted by virtually every team we play,cant remember when we actually controlled a game apart from the opening game against spurs.
Never going to happen this season once transfer windows shut, no pace in the midfield. It's where we get done over.

Out of our hands and probably one place off on paper of where we should be in all honesty, 7th!

Did hope that others misfortune may favour us and it did for a time, but we did what we do, just later in the season, so progress.

How’s it knee jerking if we’ve seen the same performance about 10 times this season at home?
No mate, you critised King Carlo Magnifico after a terrible performance and result, you must be a knee-jerking monstrosity cos it's all the players fault and Carlo is faultless :oops::oops:

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.
Spot on really, we have the most proven successful manager we have ever had and we need to give him time. We’re not going to get relegated under Carlo and he’s surely more likely to push us forward than whoever else we could attract so why chop and change the manager.

There are only about eight players I actually want to keep out of our whole squad and Carlo bought four of them last summer... we will be better next year with another shuffle.

Oops! :eek:

Honestly, didn't mean to cause offense. Maybe to get a reaction, but I really don't see how anyone can think sensibly think that Carlo is doing a good job. Obviously you're not actually deluded, but that is, in my opinion, borderline delusional, like when your gf is crazy/a b*tch, but you don't see it cos she's smoking hot... :eek: :D
where did we finish last year, plumbs?

When did we last win away at the pit or Arsenal or Leicester or Tottenham?

Stop being knee jerk and realise we are a terrible team, full of dross and NO manager in the world would be able to improve us. We need more cohesive, better quality players.

We're on 56 points with 2 games to go. Have some perspective.

One thing we need at this moment in time is stability mate and Carlo isn't beyond criticism (as long as it's constructive criticism) and nor should he be. For me though his positives being our manager massively outweigh the negatives. His standing in the game can attract the type of players who in the past we could only dream of, even the media hold him in high esteem.

I've said it all along, give him this Summer to bring in the type of players he wants and then properly judge him at the end of next season.

In all respect mate what type of signings will he go for? More approaching 30 year old slow players like James/Allan?

Could be in a situation where end of next season he leaves and we have 3-4 first teamers the wrong side of 30 who do not suit the system/style required to do well in the PL i.e. fast pressing high intensity.

Also we have Brands still as DOF and he's signed 5x CM players in 3 seasons yet we still look bang average in midfield.

I have zero faith in either to bring in younger faster committed players this summer it will either be big club cast offs or slow ageing players.

Godfrey was a one off really and even he was 2nd choice to Gabriel at Arsenal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam.

Bookmarking is a feature on this forum that allows members to 'bookmark' individual posts for future reference.

I'm prodding @MikeH72 to be more conclusive in his opinion so, when Everton come good under Ancelotti - I can wind him up.

I like your confidence and wish I could share it. No way do I believe we’ll provide Ancelotti with the level of player he’s been used to working with his entire career. He’s already shown that he’s not the type of manager to make crap players better.

Spot on really, we have the most proven successful manager we have ever had and we need to give him time. We’re not going to get relegated under Carlo and he’s surely more likely to push us forward than whoever else we could attract.

There are about eight players I actually want to keep out of our whole squad and Carlo bought four of them last summer... we will be better next year with another shuffle.

The players are cowards, frauds, bottlers etc etc etc.

We appoint a world class manager.

"IT'S THE MANAGERS FAULT"

Sure, there's concerns - particularly around playing style but he's addressed those concerns publicly.

Time.

A lot of these players know the jig is up.

You are acknowledging a significant cause of systemic or institutional woe. But advocating an easy 'fall guy solution' which leaves a significant chunk of the problem in place.

So it repeats.
I'm not advocating it though. It is what it is (ugh), and I am not in a 'position of responsibility' in the situation am I? I haven't said I want Carlo sacked (I don't, yet), I just want him to get his (and the players') act together. Is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back