Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, juuuust maybe, Carlo should stop rewarding bad behavior then?

We've been absolutely crap for about 90% of this season and he's chosen the same players who disappoint almost literally every week. Richarlison is undroppable after being a League 1 player this year. Carlo's job is to get the team ready and perform when they step on that pitch. If they don't perform, consistently, and he doesn't drop the ones who fail to do what he tells them to do, how is that NOT on him?

The players on the bench are just as bad and just as likely to not give their best effort.

The squad is full of unreliable players who should never have been signed.

Maybe I am being naive to think players put in all the extra time and practice these days. There's not much sign of it these days. The lack of quality even from our corners tonight was awful to watch.

Yeah that’s what infuriates me. I can take certain errors occurring, but throw ins, corners free kicks and crosses being consistently over or underhit and messed up is just unforgivable.

I feel for Davies, if he’d have played like them two tonight he’d be getting pelters. Can’t really add anything about the players, they haven’t got a set of bollocks between them, I’d love to sell the lot minus Godfrey and James.

I just don't see why he ripped up what happened in the West Ham game when we looked okay in midfield.

Play Davies, Doucoure and Allan and have that base to build from.

I get why he played 3-5-2 today, but it literally didn't work from the first minute. So change it, be proactive.

Maybe, juuuust maybe, Carlo should stop rewarding bad behavior then?

We've been absolutely crap for about 90% of this season and he's chosen the same players who disappoint almost literally every week. Richarlison is undroppable after being a League 1 player this year. Carlo's job is to get the team ready and perform when they step on that pitch. If they don't perform, consistently, and he doesn't drop the ones who fail to do what he tells them to do, how is that NOT on him?
Who do we have to come in that’s the issue, everyone has underperformed at some point

Where have I said that??? I said I don’t believe he can take us forward with the players we’ll give him. I certainly don’t think we will or should write off £30m or whatever it is by sacking him tomorrow.

You stop just short but get off the fence.

You don't think he's the right manager for Everton. You don't think he can improve us.

Bookmarking you...

Maybe I am being naive to think players put in all the extra time and practice these days. There's not much sign of it these days. The lack of quality even from our corners tonight was awful to watch.

There's no patterns of play. Or bits of play were you know they worked on that in training.

Finishing is largely woeful. Do they even work on that?

What do they do?

Those saying that he needs to be ruthless with the players are correct, but I'll believe it when I see it.

They'll all be top professionals, fantastic talents and wonderful human beings again after a win.

Same again next season.
We've buggered Europe now, but you're spot on.

I'm waiting for the hammer to fall.

It needs to.

You stop just short but get off the fence.

You don't think he's the right manager for Everton. You don't think he can improve us.

Bookmarking you...

Bookmark me, like I give a toss. And no, I don’t believe he is the right manager for where we are right now and am more than happy to be vaulted if wrong. Consider me off that fence.

I just don’t see these players putting the work in. If I was DCL I’d be spending every minute of every day working on improving the first touch off both feet and finishing with both feet. I can’t believe he’s doing that as he’s got worse and worse as the season has gone on. Same with Richarlison. You would think Coleman, if he really believes all the tripe he speaks, would be out there hitting a thousand crosses a day until he turned into the best crosser of the ball in the league. Like a golfer dissecting their swing, he’d find out his technical failings and resolve them. He hasn’t in over a decade though.

Lazy players.

Yeah that’s what infuriates me. I can take certain errors occurring, but throw ins, corners free kicks and crosses being consistently over or underhit and messed up is just unforgivable.
Not sure taking decent corners and the like is something that should take extra training....

This is what I’ve been saying.

But some people want to bin Carlo and start Delph.

And they say I’m the loony?

One thing we need at this moment in time is stability mate and Carlo isn't beyond criticism (as long as it's constructive criticism) and nor should he be. For me though his positives being our manager massively outweigh the negatives. His standing in the game can attract the type of players who in the past we could only dream of, even the media hold him in high esteem.

I've said it all along, give him this Summer to bring in the type of players he wants and then properly judge him at the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back