Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I mean anyone calling for Ancelotti's head and not the players is being ridiculous. He's the last person at the club who should in theory be sacked for what those cowards have just done.
Maybe, excpet for two things:
1) We can't sack all the players, we can sack him. It might not be right, but it's just the way it is.
2) If the whole team plays that badly that often then that's on him. He's supposed to be World Class. That means doing more with the same tools than Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva.

Must admit, I've noticed that with Ancelotti this season, he's very reactive and not proactive.
His subs are crap. Badly timed, almost always mad changes when we need to be on the front foot.

He got good at lobbing Iwobi on late on to waste some time.

Like in the home game v Villa, it was clear it wasn't working so why not change?

And what the hell in the name of everything that is sacred was his plan for the second half today?

4-4-2, with James and Gylfi wide off the ball, but then on the ball, Doucoure - who can't pass - and Allan playing wide when we had the ball to funnel the ball through, but all Sheff Utd quickly realised they had to do was press and there was no way through?

Like... it was effing abysmal.

Heard something a few weeks ago about Klopp, the problem with successful managers is that they don't know how to get out a run of bad results because it rarely happens to them. We have one of the most successful managers in Europe but he has never managed a team as bad as ours, he must take some of the blame for home results, but if we were to loose him we will never again attract a manager of his qualities.

He needs to find a formula where we don't get dominanted by virtually every team we play,cant remember when we actually controlled a game apart from the opening game against spurs.

Maybe, excpet for two things:
1) We can't sack all the players, we can sack him. It might not be right, but it's just the way it is.
2) If the whole team plays that badly that often then that's on him. He's supposed to be World Class. That means doing more with the same tools than Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva.
I really hope you don't have a position of great responsibility in real life.

Christ.

I just don’t see these players putting the work in. If I was DCL I’d be spending every minute of every day working on improving the first touch off both feet and finishing with both feet. I can’t believe he’s doing that as he’s got worse and worse as the season has gone on. Same with Richarlison. You would think Coleman, if he really believes all the tripe he speaks, would be out there hitting a thousand crosses a day until he turned into the best crosser of the ball in the league. Like a golfer dissecting their swing, he’d find out his technical failings and resolve them. He hasn’t in over a decade though.

Lazy players.
Think you've picked a bad example there with DCL.

He's the one player who has quite evidently worked very hard on his game, both physically and technically.

All the players need to put effort in. Know what else seems lazy atm? Whatever we work on in training - and that is on the manager. What the hell do we do? Lob crosses in? We can't do that - probably because we don't press players in training, as we clearly don't press.

It's like we've mastered one thing, and that one thing relies on a lot of luck to work.

So yeah, we need players to work harder, but we need an awful lot more from our coaching staff.

No I mean anyone calling for Ancelotti's head and not the players is being ridiculous. He's the last person at the club who should in theory be sacked for what those cowards have just done.
Maybe, juuuust maybe, Carlo should stop rewarding bad behavior then?

We've been absolutely crap for about 90% of this season and he's chosen the same players who disappoint almost literally every week. Richarlison is undroppable after being a League 1 player this year. Carlo's job is to get the team ready and perform when they step on that pitch. If they don't perform, consistently, and he doesn't drop the ones who fail to do what he tells them to do, how is that NOT on him?

I just don’t see these players putting the work in. If I was DCL I’d be spending every minute of every day working on improving the first touch off both feet and finishing with both feet. I can’t believe he’s doing that as he’s got worse and worse as the season has gone on. Same with Richarlison. You would think Coleman, if he really believes all the tripe he speaks, would be out there hitting a thousand crosses a day until he turned into the best crosser of the ball in the league. Like a golfer dissecting their swing, he’d find out his technical failings and resolve them. He hasn’t in over a decade though.

Lazy players.

Maybe I am being naive to think players put in all the extra time and practice these days. There's not much sign of it these days. The lack of quality even from our corners tonight was awful to watch.

This is what I’ve been saying.

But some people want to bin Carlo and start Delph.

And they say I’m the loony?
Who wants to bin Carlo and start Delph? I would honestly be very interested to see who these poster are. There have been a lot of anger and frustration on her today, but I can't remember a single post saying Delph should be a starter. I'm looking forward to hearing who these people are!!!

Who wants to bin Carlo and start Delph? I would honestly be very interested to see who these poster are. There have been a lot of anger and frustration on her today, but I can't remember a single post saying Delph should be a starter. I'm looking forward to hearing who these people are!!!
They’ll reveal themselves mate

I really don’t think so seeing as he’s perma banned now.
Oops! :eek:

Honestly, didn't mean to cause offense. Maybe to get a reaction, but I really don't see how anyone can think sensibly think that Carlo is doing a good job. Obviously you're not actually deluded, but that is, in my opinion, borderline delusional, like when your gf is crazy/a b*tch, but you don't see it cos she's smoking hot... :o :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back