Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see any solution for this manager unless they bin 12 players and sign 12 good ones. More than a few of the players are gutless and lack character, others are 2nd rate footballers and maybe only 5 or 6 are worth keeping. If we can manage a few good signings we should be good enough to maintain a midtable position. I am not sure Carlo is capable of turning this around and do better than midtable , or even that he even wants to continue to struggle at Everton. He does not strike me as a battling determined type of person. Reminds me of Walker who was once described as a helpless man battling against a hurricane. Of course we are not nearly as bad as Walker's team was then, but that description fits Carlo well enough.

And across 38 games per club, does a 17 year old do it?
no pressure on the lad tonight, already relegated. Different story otherwise.
No, but we have several older youth players playing at a higher level than he has. There may be 'nothing' to play for, except pride and trying not to disrespect your fans, but that doesn't mean they're gonna through in someone who's not ready just for the sake of it.
Ok. For examples.

When @davek disagrees with me, he gives a rationale and a reason for disagreement. I think he wrong, but he justifies his view.

To simply say “deluded” isn’t an argument and in my opinion, is a mild insult. Would you say that to someone’s face?
If Bullens agrees with me I think you just have to accept you're wrong Groucho.... ;) lol

Would you work extra hours for free in your job?

If you wanted to be the best possible footballer you could, then you would. I'm sure Cristiano got to be the best finisher in the world by heading off home by lunchtime every day.

And yeah lots of people do. I have to do it sometimes to meet deadlines. It's how you progress and it's worth it.

Highlighting rare.....so you would say that Godfrey makes regular errors leading to goals conceded?
He makes regular errors leading to chances conceded. He's been fortunate on quite a few occasions that Pickford or others have bailed him out or that they've just been missed. But conceding a chance from an error or at least from less than stellar defensive positioning? Every game.

Just have a look at the MOTM stats on here this season. Maybe one or two players getting any votes, the rest nothing. Says a lot about this team.

There was something small, tiny even, I noticed this week which concerned me a little. On the Zoom chat between Osman, DCL, Tom and Godfrey they were asked who is first there/last away from training each day.

None of them knew.

If our brightest young players aren’t putting the effort in to be this person every day we are honestly screwed going forwards on the pitch.

Yeah when you hear the stories about Lampard and Ronaldo being dragged off the training pitch hours afterwards you just can’t see that in the current squad.

The finishing is terrible which suggests the strikers aren’t doing extensive additional training. Richarlison has been playing o. The left of the strikers but his left foot shooting is awful and hasn’t improved at all

Coleman still can’t cross a ball so he’s obviously never worked on that at any point in his career for an extensive period to improve it.

Are these lads really putting in the extra hours to get those improvements? I just don’t think so. Even in the training vids they just amble out, do some sloppy bits and pieces having a mess around most of the time and then go back in.

Yeah when you hear the stories about Lampard and Ronaldo being dragged off the training pitch hours afterwards you just can’t see that in the current squad.

The finishing is terrible which suggests the strikers aren’t doing extensive additional training. Richarlison has been playing o. The left of the strikers but his left foot shooting is awful and hasn’t improved at all

Coleman still can’t cross a ball so he’s obviously never worked on that at any point in his career for an extensive period to improve it.

Are these lads really putting in the extra hours to get those improvements? I just don’t think so. Even in the training vids they just amble out, do some sloppy bits and pieces having a mess around most of the time and then go back in.

Maybe I just overthought it but it certainly surprised me. Isn’t what I like to hear from any Everton player. Not even to admit it’s someone else but to not even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back