Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I disagree entirely with sacking Carlo atm. Give him the summer, by Christmas we REALLY need to see some semblance of an idea because whatever "this" is, isn't working.

But you and @Death basically act as if anyone criticizing the absolutely woeful performances we've seen this year under him wants Eddie Howe immediately. We played with pretty much our first choice 11 and lost against Sheffield Utd. "EDDIE HOWE". We've been woeful with performances for months. "EDDIE HOWE LOLZ". You obviously think that Carlo is doing a good job. Instead of scoffing and dismissing others concerns why not elucidate yours?
I never said that. But Carlo can play the most puzzling bat shid crazy formation and team selection in our eyes and I blame Everton. At this stage. Give him 3 seasons. And then... nah. I still blame Ev.

This is possibly our last chance at something good.

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.
Is it crazy to ask the manager to give us any sign of progress though?

I don't even care that we aren't making Europe, I do care that we're a bottom half team on basically every metric that has predictive value for how a team will be in the future.

100%

But he hasn't been, has he?

It was clear it wasn't working after 10 minutes. Why not change?

Also, why do we perform the same in literally every single second half? Ramsdale had one save to make in the second half. One.

We were 1-0 down to the worst team in the league, at home, needing a win to keep up our hopes for the season and he had one save to make in the entire 48 minutes of the second half.

And it's no different to any of our other second halves bar odd flashes against Man Utd, Spurs and Palace. Disgraceful, and it's on him as well.

Why's he dropping Davies? Because it's the easy drop, even though we actually look to have a semblance of balance with him in the team? Why did we work on a 4-3-3 early in the season, and now we've got players back who can play it, why aren't we playing it?

Must admit, I've noticed that with Ancelotti this season, he's very reactive and not proactive.

Carlo is not infallible,
He's made mistakes at times this year no doubt...
However, he's got an awful squad to pick from,
And even then, he can't be blamed for supposed professionals not being able to do the basics...
He can't be blamed for one of our players of the season making a rare error today allowing them to score...
He can't be blamed for Dom and richy wasting sitter after sitter

Go for broke on Wednesday

Pickford
Gidfrey
Keane
Mina (if fit)
Nkounkou

Allan
Doucoure
Davies

King
DCL
James

Subs - Richarlison, Coleman, Digne, Holgate, Olsen and fill the other 4 spots with U23/U18 lads who’ll give more effort coming on than Sigurdsson, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi and Bernard

What use is it going for broke on Wednesday now? The season is over.

If he thinks that Alllan and Doucoure can play in a two man midfield then he's thick mate.

In general I agree. I know he doesn't trust a fair lot of this squad, yet in the Davies example, he's one of the players chucked in this season who actually has worked hard to earn his trust, yet he's still dropped.

Another example - trying to play Rich right up along Dom, so we have nothing down the left at all, and are totally imbalanced. Relying on James to have to get everything inch-perfect, or Digne.

So yes, we need better players, but we need to see him kick himself into gear. If he's as good as we all say he is, he'll be able to do it.
I feel for Davies, if he’d have played like them two tonight he’d be getting pelters. Can’t really add anything about the players, they haven’t got a set of bollocks between them, I’d love to sell the lot minus Godfrey and James.

There was something small, tiny even, I noticed this week which concerned me a little. On the Zoom chat between Osman, DCL, Tom and Godfrey they were asked who is first there/last away from training each day.

None of them knew.

If our brightest young players aren’t putting the effort in to be this person every day we are honestly screwed going forwards on the pitch.

Carlo is not infallible,
He's made mistakes at times this year no doubt...
However, he's got an awful squad to pick from,
And even then, he can't be blamed for supposed professionals not being able to do the basics...
He can't be blamed for one of our players of the season making a rare error today allowing them to score...
He can't be blamed for Dom and richy wasting sitter after sitter
Lol.

And James crazy pass to Richarlison that DCL missed after is the only thing today that even resembled a sitter because we have no build up play to constantly supply chances.

I actually liked that interview tonight as it shows that he still has the fire there.
He has always been a manager that supports his players , but I think that he realises that they have let him down once too often.
We know who the usual suspects are i.e. Siggy , Gomes , but most of the wasters are now either on the bench or out of contention.
Certain other players such as Rico , Digne etc., now need to be having a long , hard look at themselves in the mirror. Carlo needs to tell them that , and I am sure he will.
In my view , he should be given another year and now needs to deal with the situation harshly. Disappointing season.

He has to take some blame for the home form but I genuinely think he has been good this season despite all our efforts to totally embarrass the man.

Our away form and key results at Spurs, RS and Arsenal are nothing more than a very good statement to how good of a manager he is.

I just think he would instantly remove about 60% of our squad if given the chance and it needs to be done.

His first full season has been so far very good despite tonight and our European ambitions in tatters, I trust him more than most managers we had to turn us around.

I hope our fans can see this too.
You're being sarcastic here presumably.

Does he have a track record of winning things mate ?

Does that matter?

The manager we hire next doesn’t need a track record of pushing already strong teams on toward trophies. That could be a problem here. Ancelotti has lots and lots of top level experience (pushing underperforming, high quality teams onto winning things) but little experience of delivering on the job required here (building a team lacking in quality and going from mid-table into the European places)

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.

Fortunately I can see Moshiri giving Carlo longer than he gave Koeman and Silva, as if he can’t get these players playing then who can?

Carlo has made mistakes this season and is far from perfect but given our recent history firing yet another manager just cannot be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back