Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something small, tiny even, I noticed this week which concerned me a little. On the Zoom chat between Osman, DCL, Tom and Godfrey they were asked who is first there/last away from training each day.

None of them knew.

If our brightest young players aren’t putting the effort in to be this person every day we are honestly screwed going forwards on the pitch.

Would you work extra hours for free in your job?

If it's took tonight's absolute crapshow to demonstrate to Carlo how bad and cowardly most of this squad is, and that he's need to be absolutley ruthless and pie the vast majority of them, then something good will have come from it.

For me, he set us up too negatively against them, but to be out-ran, outfought and out played by them is a complete disgrace, and all on the players.

Livid that we've thrown Europe away

Keep
Pickford (unless we're going nuts in the window and can get better).
Godfrey
Digne
Allen
Doucoure
James
DCL (again, unless we can get better)
Richos (last chance saloon - decent offer then sell and replace).

Launch the rest into the sun, for all I care.

i-pcSPSLF-S.gif

There was something small, tiny even, I noticed this week which concerned me a little. On the Zoom chat between Osman, DCL, Tom and Godfrey they were asked who is first there/last away from training each day.

None of them knew.

If our brightest young players aren’t putting the effort in to be this person every day we are honestly screwed going forwards on the pitch.
I don’t know if he was just joking around but Davies didn’t exactly come off as the brightest bulb in that video. Ossie asked the question who was the best and worst trainer at the club and Tom goes on about footwear

If it's took tonight's absolute crapshow to demonstrate to Carlo how bad and cowardly most of this squad is, and that he's need to be absolutley ruthless and pie the vast majority of them, then something good will have come from it.

For me, he set us up too negatively against them, but to be out-ran, outfought and out played by them is a complete disgrace, and all on the players.

Keep
Godfrey
Digne
Allen
Doucoure
James

Get rid of Digne and Richarlison

Lol.

And James crazy pass to Richarlison that DCL missed after is the only thing today that even resembled a sitter because we have no build up play to constantly supply chances.
Highlighting rare.....so you would say that Godfrey makes regular errors leading to goals conceded?

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.

My worry is them bad eggs keep getting played. Who takes responsibility for that?

They should have been packed off at the end of last season, not left to carry on and even play regularly. What sort of message does that send out?

They need to be gone this summer, no exceptions. Can you imagine any other top team or manager playing players with a bad attitude? Wouldnt happen, yet at everton its been going on for years.

Keep
Godfrey
Digne
Allen
Doucoure
James

Digne needs to shape up aswell. He's getting a free ride and coasting.

The problem is that we are back to hoping for a Hail Mary from a manager. We’ve been here before with Koeman ‘he’ll instill discipline in them’, he didn’t and they saw him fired. Then it was Silva, a young manager with a pressing style, they threw him under the bus. Now Ancelotti perhaps at the other end of the spectrum and the improvements he’d made have also now seemingly been lost.

Its the same pattern over and over, some early enthusiastic adoption of a manager’s techniques followed by a collective apathy once they need to be sustained.

Bielsa took a couple of goes to get the highest budgeted side out of the championship, he’a not won much in his career, he’ll probably finish below our terrible team this season, and there’s some very worrying losses in there. It’s not as though we’re hiring a sure thing like 04 Mourinho. Bielsa is a maverick who could go either way.

What concerns me most though is that all of the managers are starting to say the same things, particularly about seeing one thing on the training ground and then not seeing it on the pitch. Koeman Silva and Allardyce mentioned similar as well.

That’s why I don’t want to change manager, not because it’s Ancelotti, but because there’s something else that needs to change first or we might be right back here again. There needs to be a root and branch review of the club over the summer. Every coach and player needs to be audited until the rotten apples are found. If that means a few high profile exits need to occur then so be it.
Dont these managers need to stamp on that. Make the bad apples train with the kids away from the 1st team. The DoF would have to sell them or they run their contracts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back