Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's hardly a reason to dangle the ban hammer on a football forum, squire. I think deluded is what you might say if you strongly disagree with the opinion of somebody or think their reasons for supporting something are not valid, ie I think people are deluded if they think Mason Holgate should be at the club after this summer.
That's quite deluded.

*ducks*

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.

He has to take some blame for the home form but I genuinely think he has been good this season despite all our efforts to totally embarrass the man.

Our away form and key results at Spurs, RS and Arsenal are nothing more than a very good statement to how good of a manager he is.

I just think he would instantly remove about 60% of our squad if given the chance and it needs to be done.

His first full season has been so far very good despite tonight and our European ambitions in tatters, I trust him more than most managers we had to turn us around.

I hope our fans can see this too.

He sounded like that after the Villa game the other week.

Actions speak louder than words.

Get it right, stop making stupid mistakes, stop faffing with systems which clearly don't work. Stop dropping players who seemed to have made something work lately. And start working on something other than sitting on the edge of our own box.

He's responsible, like he says. Plenty of the squad are crap, and we've gone and handed the bloke responsible for that for the last three years a new deal. But he needs to change himself.

Reminds me of Mourinho at Utd - seemed to chop and change every week and didnt seem to know his best side then OGS has come in who's a much lesser manager yet has found a system/style that fits and is getting more out of the team.

I think someone like Biesla would need a few signings definitely but I think we would have a foundation for his pressing style - DCL, Richarlison, Davies, Doucoure, Allan, Digne, Godfrey, Pickford thats 8 who would probably in the starting 11 until upgrades on the likes of Davies could be found.

I've backed Carlo and dont actively want him gone like I did with Silva but im at the stage where I honestly dont care if he stays or goes as he has no style/system in place that tells me things will get better with new additions.

We look like 11 strangers on the pitch a lot of the time particularly at home and the football aint much better than it was under Alladyce.

The problem is that we are back to hoping for a Hail Mary from a manager. We’ve been here before with Koeman ‘he’ll instill discipline in them’, he didn’t and they saw him fired. Then it was Silva, a young manager with a pressing style, they threw him under the bus. Now Ancelotti perhaps at the other end of the spectrum and the improvements he’d made have also now seemingly been lost.

Its the same pattern over and over, some early enthusiastic adoption of a manager’s techniques followed by a collective apathy once they need to be sustained.

Bielsa took a couple of goes to get the highest budgeted side out of the championship, he’a not won much in his career, he’ll probably finish below our terrible team this season, and there’s some very worrying losses in there. It’s not as though we’re hiring a sure thing like 04 Mourinho. Bielsa is a maverick who could go either way.

What concerns me most though is that all of the managers are starting to say the same things, particularly about seeing one thing on the training ground and then not seeing it on the pitch. Koeman Silva and Allardyce mentioned similar as well.

That’s why I don’t want to change manager, not because it’s Ancelotti, but because there’s something else that needs to change first or we might be right back here again. There needs to be a root and branch review of the club over the summer. Every coach and player needs to be audited until the rotten apples are found. If that means a few high profile exits need to occur then so be it.

I mean, I disagree entirely with sacking Carlo atm. Give him the summer, by Christmas we REALLY need to see some semblance of an idea because whatever "this" is, isn't working.

But you and @Death basically act as if anyone criticizing the absolutely woeful performances we've seen this year under him wants Eddie Howe immediately. We played with pretty much our first choice 11 and lost against Sheffield Utd. "EDDIE HOWE". We've been woeful with performances for months. "EDDIE HOWE LOLZ". You obviously think that Carlo is doing a good job. Instead of scoffing and dismissing others concerns why not elucidate yours?
Graham Potter actually.

Get it right, lad.

I think the answer to why not change is simple:- he does not trust these players at all. His unwillingness to change is alarming I agree, he is very much reactive rather than pro-active and that should be something he seeks to change.

I can’t offer a defence of the home performances this year, him and the players have to take responsibility for not being brave enough to go at teams and trying to make things happen, rather than waiting on a mistake or a chance to counter attack.

imo he’s dropped Davies because when all fit that is our first choice midfield. The shape of the midfield however did not work at all, Allan is not a dm, he’s useless there to be honest. I agree with you about our formation, it’s bizarre how we seem to change from game to game. I couldn’t really tell what we were doing today though, it was beyond a joke.

I am hoping now the season end is upon us, he can stop being Mr. Ancelotti, the kind caring man, and become ruthless and get rid of the cowards who have let us down time and time again. Either way, he’s the best we are gonna get and I am not losing the faith yet, although he absolutely deserves the criticism coming his way tonight.

If he thinks that Alllan and Doucoure can play in a two man midfield then he's thick mate.

In general I agree. I know he doesn't trust a fair lot of this squad, yet in the Davies example, he's one of the players chucked in this season who actually has worked hard to earn his trust, yet he's still dropped.

Another example - trying to play Rich right up along Dom, so we have nothing down the left at all, and are totally imbalanced. Relying on James to have to get everything inch-perfect, or Digne.

So yes, we need better players, but we need to see him kick himself into gear. If he's as good as we all say he is, he'll be able to do it.

The DoF role doesnt work in this country, for whatever reason. Let the manager pick the players he has to use NOT the club.

I've been saying this for a long time.

Basically our whole recruitment strategy went down the pan when we decided we no longer needed or wanted young hungry championship players. It almost smacks of arrogance and makes zero sense. This squad is the complete opposite of what Everton should be. They are thoroughly unlikeable, they are lazy and they are overpaid.

Can we please start signing hungry young players from the championship rather than absolute no marks from second rate continental leagues. I genuinely think there are lots of us here on GOT who could have spent the money we've spent better. It's an absolute travesty what we've become - a home for mediocre midtable PL players to earn astronomical amounts of money with no expectation to succeed.

At some point we actually catch ourselves on and try something different. Get back to basics and recruit players who can compete and want to match opponents in this league. I'm fed up with this useless group of players.

For years we've called out these players.

Last year Coleman said the team had hid behind manager after manager. He said the players need more commitment on a daily basis. This was after Wolves 3-0 defeat. He said his teammates just don't care.

Not long after, we lose to relegated Bournemouth. Ancelotti said the players that stay after that will need to have a better attitude. They're all still here.

Ancelotti this season has said what we all have for years - the players are bottlers and worse.

Tonight, Pickford has just said

Jordan Pickford: "They beat us on attitude, even though they've been relegated.”

The team has bad eggs.

We need to stop bed wetting with managers.
Fingers crossed Carlo is here next year. Fingers crossed we really are just gonna swerve FFP in the summer. Unbelievable comments to make from Pickford, as is the Coleman one from last year. Any other field of work and you’d be gone.

He sounded like that after the Villa game the other week.

Actions speak louder than words.

Get it right, stop making stupid mistakes, stop faffing with systems which clearly don't work. Stop dropping players who seemed to have made something work lately. And start working on something other than sitting on the edge of our own box.

He's responsible, like he says. Plenty of the squad are crap, and we've gone and handed the bloke responsible for that for the last three years a new deal. But he needs to change himself.
From his comments , way more than the Villa game ( or any others) he's actually questioning everything from not taking in instructions to doubting their professionalism.

He has to take some blame for the home form but I genuinely think he has been good this season despite all our efforts to totally embarrass the man.

Our away form and key results at Spurs, RS and Arsenal are nothing more than a very good statement to how good of a manager he is.

I just think he would instantly remove about 60% of our squad if given the chance and it needs to be done.

His first full season has been so far very good despite tonight and our European ambitions in tatters, I trust him more than most managers we had to turn us around.

I hope our fans can see this too.

I don't think you can really take this season seriously tbh so I'm not that bothered.

The players probably are just a bit bored playing in empty stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back