Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mate
It was very much worse than any of them games.
The very worst of the season ....by far.

All poor but he's right. Those other games we got outplayed. Sheff utd will always match you for effort. Its a better bit of quality that beats them. And by god its reared its ugly head again tonight. Didnt even have the quality to beat sheff utd.
Our midfield is desperate.

Five managers later and were still crying out for a manager. That tells you all you need to know and why people calling for his head are just shooting aimlessly in the sky.

not calling for his head, I'm asking why he's making crap decisions which compound the issues we have with the players.

I just don’t see how we can have another manager change. If Carlo isn’t the answer(which I don’t agree with) , I want the majority of these players out before any other manager is blighted by them if we were going to change. We can’t have another season next season of starting horrendously, the aboard panics and fires Carlo, we have a new manager bounce, new deals are handed out again, and we have the same cycle all over again.

I think someone like Biesla would need a few signings definitely but I think we would have a foundation for his pressing style - DCL, Richarlison, Davies, Doucoure, Allan, Digne, Godfrey, Pickford thats 8 who would probably in the starting 11 until upgrades on the likes of Davies could be found.

I've backed Carlo and dont actively want him gone like I did with Silva but im at the stage where I honestly dont care if he stays or goes as he has no style/system in place that tells me things will get better with new additions.

We look like 11 strangers on the pitch a lot of the time particularly at home and the football aint much better than it was under Alladyce.

I think Allan is the leader we’ve missed, but there’s so many things wrong with this side and quite frankly, it’s just a daunting task looking to fix it.

Can’t believe we’ve spend nearly half a billion, and we now need to rebuild again.
I hope you’re right about Allan. I see it in Godfrey, too.

I hope they get to a position where they feel like they can impose themselves on the team.

Captain ohh my captain.... That really is not the problem . If you are crap at playing football all the captains of the world wont change that.
Lack of leadership on the pitch is a huge part of the problem. Someone needs to take charge in games like tonight and drag the rest of the team to their level.

Though I won’t disagree on your quality point, either.

Id agree, but the signings he made, didn’t improve the side, whereas Ancelotti’s signings have.

He didn’t spent £90m on Haller and Felipe Anderson.
They're very good signings technically on the ball. But Siggy is also technically good on the ball. We were desperate for pace and he's signing more slow midfielders who's injury records just aren't good enough. Yes they aren't terrible signings but it could argued that pace was 100X more important.

But it's hardly a reason to dangle the ban hammer on a football forum, squire. I think deluded is what you might say if you strongly disagree with the opinion of somebody or think their reasons for supporting something are not valid, ie I think people are deluded if they think Mason Holgate should be at the club after this summer.
Have I banned anyone? No.

Is this the hill you want to die on?

100%

But he hasn't been, has he?

It was clear it wasn't working after 10 minutes. Why not change?

Also, why do we perform the same in literally every single second half? Ramsdale had one save to make in the second half. One.

We were 1-0 down to the worst team in the league, at home, needing a win to keep up our hopes for the season and he had one save to make in the entire 48 minutes of the second half.

And it's no different to any of our other second halves bar odd flashes against Man Utd, Spurs and Palace. Disgraceful, and it's on him as well.

Why's he dropping Davies? Because it's the easy drop, even though we actually look to have a semblance of balance with him in the team? Why did we work on a 4-3-3 early in the season, and now we've got players back who can play it, why aren't we playing it?
I think the answer to why not change is simple:- he does not trust these players at all. His unwillingness to change is alarming I agree, he is very much reactive rather than pro-active and that should be something he seeks to change.

I can’t offer a defence of the home performances this year, him and the players have to take responsibility for not being brave enough to go at teams and trying to make things happen, rather than waiting on a mistake or a chance to counter attack.

imo he’s dropped Davies because when all fit that is our first choice midfield. The shape of the midfield however did not work at all, Allan is not a dm, he’s useless there to be honest. I agree with you about our formation, it’s bizarre how we seem to change from game to game. I couldn’t really tell what we were doing today though, it was beyond a joke.

I am hoping now the season end is upon us, he can stop being Mr. Ancelotti, the kind caring man, and become ruthless and get rid of the cowards who have let us down time and time again. Either way, he’s the best we are gonna get and I am not losing the faith yet, although he absolutely deserves the criticism coming his way tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back