Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange comments.
Throughout his career he has been held in high regard by his peers who hold him in the highest respect.
His mercurial and stubborn personality seem to have been the biggest obstacle to his achieving success.
He has thus far done everything that was required of him at Leeds and has restored a sense of pride back to their fans which is no mean feat in itself.
I’m not saying I want him to replace Ancelotti, but to sneeringly dismiss him seems remarkably ill informed or naive or both.

Even Jon Richardson is smiling! lol

It won't be a watershed because we will give more chances to the repeat under-performers and the DOF will continue to sign slow technical players not suited to the PL or Everton football.

Nothing changes at this club. There will be a lot of talk of positives to take from the season and we will move on. No one will pay the price for nights like tonight because no one cares enough to change the things that are needed.
Tim you know & I know this has to change , and it has to come from the manager.
The only other option is we change the manager and that puts us firmly back to square one.
It Has to change mate.

Fair enough, but is a drastic improvement from
Last season.
yeah I’m not convinced. I can’t think of a team we have played off the park since Christmas. Dug out some battling performances on the road, but hardly looked like a team with dcl, richarlison and James at their disposal upfront.

Saying he was embarrassed is pretty strong imo. He never really criticises players and you could see he was fuming on touchline.

But it wasn't that much worse than Fulham, Burnley, Newcastle. We didn't just lose, we got outclassed - which is the hardest thing to take.

I just don't know if this benign, paternal style of management works anymore?

Tim you know & I know this has to change , and it has to come from the manager.
The only other option is we change the manager and that puts us firmly back to square one.
It Has to change mate.

I don't want a new manager. I want the rest of the club to help the manager and start acting like a club who actualy care about getting better.

Haha with the Bielsa shouts.

Feller has been in the management bin for years and the biggest club he's managed is Leeds.
He's very well regarded but does things only his own way. For that to work you have to have the manager be bigger than any player, any CEO, any owner. Maybe even the club. At Leeds he's found that which is why he's stayed for so long. Even still he won't sign an extension for longer than a year at a time.

Make no mistake, in many ways he's a genius. Just not a stable or consistent one.

I think it’s time for a total change of tack from Carlo. He needs to throw the players headfirst under the bus and call them out for their loser’s attitude. He has to let players like Richarlison and Digne know that, if they don’t put in the performances they will be dropped, nobody should be immune from being dropped.

I have to say that, even as a big admirer of Carlo’s, he has disappointed me recently, some of his selections surprise me, and, he needs to realise that, for the most part, these players are just not in the same class as the players he has been used to working with. He cannot trust most of them and he needs to be aware of that.

I hope he gets it right with transfers over the summer, but, I don’t think Moshiri should sanction any one paced has beens being signed, even if they are former Carlo players. It’s fairly obvious that power, pace and urgency are the three things this team is crying out for.

Saying he was embarrassed is pretty strong imo. He never really criticises players and you could see he was fuming on touchline.

But it wasn't that much worse than Fulham, Burnley, Newcastle. We didn't just lose, we got outclassed - which is the hardest thing to take.

I just don't know if this benign, paternal style of management works anymore?
Oh mate
It was very much worse than any of them games.
The very worst of the season ....by far.

Ok. For examples.

When @davek disagrees with me, he gives a rationale and a reason for disagreement. I think he wrong, but he justifies his view.

To simply say “deluded” isn’t an argument and in my opinion, is a mild insult. Would you say that to someone’s face?

So when people disagree with you, you want them to give a rationale and reasoned argument on their side, but you can retort with these?

YeAh BuT CaRLo iS PaST iT LaD......

Yeah let’s get Eddie Howe in and attract no top players at all then eh?

Don’t be daft

I don’t think you get it mate.

We’ve lost so you must demand the manager be sacked or your not a blue.

Get Eddie Howe in then mate. See who we attract then.

Think that's a tad hypocritical. If someone thinks your views are wrong and you basically scoff it off that's pretty weak.

Go for broke on Wednesday

Pickford
Gidfrey
Keane
Mina (if fit)
Nkounkou

Allan
Doucoure
Davies

King
DCL
James

Subs - Richarlison, Coleman, Digne, Holgate, Olsen and fill the other 4 spots with U23/U18 lads who’ll give more effort coming on than Sigurdsson, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi and Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back