Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was his style of play at Napoli, Did anyone watch Serie A or Napoli CL games? I just want to know if they played this pragmatic way or had an actual style.

Ok. For examples.

When @davek disagrees with me, he gives a rationale and a reason for disagreement. I think he wrong, but he justifies his view.

To simply say “deluded” isn’t an argument and in my opinion, is a mild insult. Would you say that to someone’s face?
You’re a mod, why don’t you defend other people who receive “mild insults?”

He’s been at Leeds one year longer than Ancelotti has been here.
Bit of perspective on that needed.
Bielsa june 2018.
Carlo December 2019

3 transfer windows is a long time in football.
could even say 4 windows, to stamp his mark, with Carlo accessing the squad during the jan 2020 window. Amount of pre seasons at each club.
And how much rebuild did bielsa need at Leeds in the first place? ( a genuine question, because Carlos is a big rebuild needed)

But it's hardly a reason to dangle the ban hammer on a football forum, squire. I think deluded is what you might say if you strongly disagree with the opinion of somebody or think their reasons for supporting something are not valid, ie I think people are deluded if they think Mason Holgate should be at the club after this summer.
What number account are you now butters???

Sadly I feel Carlo Ancelotti is coming across as motivationally and tactically inept lately. If these type of performances carry on into next season I can see him gone by the end of the year; we can't get by on just winning away.
Hopefully, he can make a few decent additional signings (and offload some of our deadwood) in the summer. I still want to see him given more time, but how much longer is Farhad Moshiri willing to throw millions after millions down the drain only to end up pretty much where we've always been.
You won't have to worry about that next season, mate.

Just heard someone asking the question "is Carlo the type of manager who can build a team from a load of dross considering he's never had to do it at the clubs he's managed before because those clubs already had boss/world class players there?"

There are plenty of things you point to as wrong with this squad. But I think what we’re missing most is a captain - in name or otherwise. A proper captain who knows how to lead, and not just by example.

There’s such a leadership vacuum on that pitch, and there has been for an absolute age.
Captain ohh my captain.... That really is not the problem . If you are crap at playing football all the captains of the world wont change that.

There are plenty of things you point to as wrong with this squad. But I think what we’re missing most is a captain - in name or otherwise. A proper captain who knows how to lead, and not just by example.

There’s such a leadership vacuum on that pitch, and there has been for an absolute age.

I think Allan is the leader we’ve missed, but there’s so many things wrong with this side and quite frankly, it’s just a daunting task looking to fix it.

Can’t believe we’ve spend nearly half a billion, and we now need to rebuild again.

I dont think Carlo will go either he'll get next season minimum you feel but Im not having Biesla wouldnt come here - people said the same over Koeman + Ancelotti money ultimately talks.

I think the pressure will be on the club next season though we simply have to get better but I dont think we will - we look clueless.

I just don’t see how we can have another manager change. If Carlo isn’t the answer(which I don’t agree with) , I want the majority of these players out before any other manager is blighted by them if we were going to change. We can’t have another season next season of starting horrendously, the aboard panics and fires Carlo, we have a new manager bounce, new deals are handed out again, and we have the same cycle all over again.

Haha with the Bielsa shouts.

Feller has been in the management bin for years and the biggest club he's managed is Leeds.
Strange comments.
Throughout his career he has been held in high regard by his peers who hold him in the highest respect.
His mercurial and stubborn personality seem to have been the biggest obstacle to his achieving success.
He has thus far done everything that was required of him at Leeds and has restored a sense of pride back to their fans which is no mean feat in itself.
I’m not saying I want him to replace Ancelotti, but to sneeringly dismiss him seems remarkably ill informed or naive or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back