Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I’m not convinced. I can’t think of a team we have played off the park since Christmas. Dug out some battling performances on the road, but hardly looked like a team with dcl, richarlison and James at their disposal upfront.

We look like a side who’s burned out.

We look like a side who were decimated with injuries, and then a side who just look devoid of any confidence.

For whatever reason, we reverted to a horrible tactic and didn’t bounce back, DCL at the start of the season never left the opposition half, now he’s camped on our 18 yard box. We’ve got no creativity, the lad is now horribly out of form.

There’s so many reasons to be annoyed, but for me there are still positives that if we invest right in the summer, we can push on. But let’s not kid ourselves this is a mid table side, snd we play like it too.

These are the vibes Carlo is giving me this season

1621199830398.webp

Look at some of the sides he’s managed, the players he’s signed.

Then he comes here and in the last 5 years we’ve paid

£28m Bolasie
£45m Sigurdsson
£25m Keane
£34m Iwobi
£28m Mina
£25m Gomes
£28m Tosun
£20m Walcott

On paper, that is spending which wins you trophies, gets you in contention. Honestly, for the first time, I genuinely feel he could walk away, and can you blame him?

We’re a poison chalice.
That’s just bloody embarrassing.

Like Sheffield? Like Swansea? Like Wolves?
The likes of Wolves, West Ham and Southampton are no less capable of the occasional Europa League qualification than Everton, and Leicester have already moved past this. Villa and Leeds aren't far behind, either.

Unless there's a massive response to the FFP situation in the summer, I think it's time to give up on the idea that this takeover is going to lift us above the other mid-table clubs.

The club has an inferiority complex that has gone through numerous managers. The only way this will change is when we get a fresh start at the new ground. Hopefully Carlo is still here when it gets built as I still think he’s the right man for the job.

I imagine he’s now a lot more aware of the job he’s got on his hands with this group of frauds.

Sounds like he’s absolutely fed up of banging his head on a brick wall. Yes, tactically he was poor tonight, but he’s one of the most decorated managers around and if they can’t follow his instruction then he needs to be ruthless. I liked a lot of what he said there.
100%

But he hasn't been, has he?

It was clear it wasn't working after 10 minutes. Why not change?

Also, why do we perform the same in literally every single second half? Ramsdale had one save to make in the second half. One.

We were 1-0 down to the worst team in the league, at home, needing a win to keep up our hopes for the season and he had one save to make in the entire 48 minutes of the second half.

And it's no different to any of our other second halves bar odd flashes against Man Utd, Spurs and Palace. Disgraceful, and it's on him as well.

Why's he dropping Davies? Because it's the easy drop, even though we actually look to have a semblance of balance with him in the team? Why did we work on a 4-3-3 early in the season, and now we've got players back who can play it, why aren't we playing it?

So when people disagree with you, you want them to give a rationale and reasoned argument on their side, but you can retort with these?

Think that's a tad hypocritical. If someone thinks your views are wrong and you basically scoff it off that's pretty weak.
I’m afraid I shall have to disagree with you here.

For a start, one of them is satirically agreeing with the initial post.

The club has an inferiority complex that has gone through numerous managers. The only way this will change is when we get a fresh start at a the new ground. Hopefully Carlo is still here when it gets built as I still think he’s the right man for the job.

I imagine he’s now a lot more aware of the job he’s got on his hands with this group of frauds.
I'm not sure Goodison is the reason for an inferiority complex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back