Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have a look at the MOTM stats on here this season. Maybe one or two players getting any votes, the rest nothing. Says a lot about this team.

The stats in general are appalling. At least in the past everyone has contributed in some way shape or form and got their fair share of assists and goals. This genuinely is the worst team we have had for many years. I have zero faith or confidence in them. They genuinely just look like a load of lads have got together after a few pints and decided to have a kick around. It’s shockingly bad.

I actually liked that interview tonight as it shows that he still has the fire there.
He has always been a manager that supports his players , but I think that he realises that they have let him down once too often.
We know who the usual suspects are i.e. Siggy , Gomes , but most of the wasters are now either on the bench or out of contention.
Certain other players such as Rico , Digne etc., now need to be having a long , hard look at themselves in the mirror. Carlo needs to tell them that , and I am sure he will.
In my view , he should be given another year and now needs to deal with the situation harshly. Disappointing season.
So basically, he has not been able to improve the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes etc., has seen Richarlison and Digne go backwards while he has been in charge but none of it is his fault apart from being too trusting?
I don't think there is any chance of him being shown the door but I have found his time at the club immensely underwhelming. I can't think of many premier league managers who would have done worse with this set of players.

Dont these managers need to stamp on that. Make the bad apples train with the kids away from the 1st team. The DoF would have to sell them or they run their contracts down.

Who knows how many of them there are. I don’t know. Are they even the problem. Do we just have an incompetent coaching team below the manager and i competent fitness coaches? We don’t even know what the root of the problem is. We keep blaming the players but Richarlison Digne Allan have all joined recently and within a few seasons have all lost their pace and regressed massively from the players they were.

1621201517401.webp

1621201538011.webp

"bed wetting"

Yeah when you hear the stories about Lampard and Ronaldo being dragged off the training pitch hours afterwards you just can’t see that in the current squad.

The finishing is terrible which suggests the strikers aren’t doing extensive additional training. Richarlison has been playing o. The left of the strikers but his left foot shooting is awful and hasn’t improved at all

Coleman still can’t cross a ball so he’s obviously never worked on that at any point in his career for an extensive period to improve it.

Are these lads really putting in the extra hours to get those improvements? I just don’t think so. Even in the training vids they just amble out, do some sloppy bits and pieces having a mess around most of the time and then go back in.

You can get better at anything if you are willing to put the time and effort in. It's a cliche, but it's true. There is no substitute for hard work. I failed an exam at work and I hated it. I worked far harder and passed it the next time. It's not complicated but there are no shortcuts.

You dont think its surprising that a team within a whisker of europe roll over to the worst team in the league. I do.
No, we play the same crap every week, sometimes we take the chance or two and win, sometimes the other team does and we lose. It doesn't really matter who we play. So no result is surprising short of beating someone like City.

Those saying that he needs to be ruthless with the players are correct, but I'll believe it when I see it.

They'll all be top professionals, fantastic talents and wonderful human beings again after a win.

Same again next season.

You can get better at anything if you are willing to put the time and effort in. It's a cliche, but it's true. There is no substitute for hard work. I failed an exam at work and I hated it. I worked far harder and passed it the next time. It's not complicated but there are no shortcuts.

I just don’t see these players putting the work in. If I was DCL I’d be spending every minute of every day working on improving the first touch off both feet and finishing with both feet. I can’t believe he’s doing that as he’s got worse and worse as the season has gone on. Same with Richarlison. You would think Coleman, if he really believes all the tripe he speaks, would be out there hitting a thousand crosses a day until he turned into the best crosser of the ball in the league. Like a golfer dissecting their swing, he’d find out his technical failings and resolve them. He hasn’t in over a decade though.

Lazy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back