Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your confidence and wish I could share it. No way do I believe we’ll provide Ancelotti with the level of player he’s been used to working with his entire career. He’s already shown that he’s not the type of manager to make crap players better.

I think he has made them better.

This season has remained competitive until 2 games to go. That's something.

In this window he'll add pace and balance to this team which will be massive for us.

He'll also get rid of a few more wrong'uns.

Spot on really, we have the most proven successful manager we have ever had and we need to give him time. We’re not going to get relegated under Carlo and he’s surely more likely to push us forward than whoever else we could attract so why chop and change the manager.

There are only about eight players I actually want to keep out of our whole squad and Carlo bought four of them last summer... we will be better next year with another shuffle.

My biggest concern is the lack of identity we have other than defend well away from home and grind out the points. I know his hands are tied with the players but we were all hoping for a bit more by now.

The players are cowards, frauds, bottlers etc etc etc.

We appoint a world class manager.

"IT'S THE MANAGERS FAULT"

Sure, there's concerns - particularly around playing style but he's addressed those concerns publicly.

Time.

A lot of these players know the jig is up.
Niasse showed more passion than most of these clowns and he was awful. Can't blame a manager for players who don't care.

All hail Carlo for not being able to even extract 50% more from this squad.

Next season there won't be a massive overhaul. Massive overhauls never work anyways as our past shows.

There will only be 2-3 new players come in and the same garbage will be served. Maybe we'll finish a place higher than 9th but can't expect a 180 degree change from the mentality of this football club which Carlo has also failed to change with his soft approach.

I'm not advocating it though. It is what it is (ugh), and I am not in a 'position of responsibility' in the situation am I? I haven't said I want Carlo sacked (I don't, yet), I just want him to get his (and the players') act together. Is that too much to ask?
I think it is entirely reasonable to want the manager to address the situation. I'd suggest it is not entirely clear that is what you have been calling for this evening.

Maybe pop over to the bomb shelter, have a can of lilt, blast on some poppers? Takes the edge of Everton. Much needed at the moment.

where did we finish last year, plumbs?

When did we last win away at the pit or Arsenal or Leicester or Tottenham?

Stop being knee jerk and realise we are a terrible team, full of dross and NO manager in the world would be able to improve us. We need more cohesive, better quality players.

We're on 56 points with 2 games to go. Have some perspective.
We're 7 pts better off than last season and it'll probably stay that way after spending £70-80m,not much of a improvement tbh

I think he has made them better.

This season has remained competitive until 2 games to go. That's something.

In this window he'll add pace and balance to this team which will be massive for us.

He'll also get rid of a few more wrong'uns.

We’ll see what happens then I guess. I just have no faith in us to get the summer window right, which is more an indictment of Marcel Brands than anything.

We need young, fast, hungry players, not experienced ones. No point going for players like James, bale, they are never fit to play the whole season. Coutinho also injury prone
I’m sick of paying over the odds and big wages for players who are past their peak and only see us as a means of boosting their already considerable bank balance.
I’m not saying sign a team of youngsters, but at least sign players who are hungry to succeed, with their best years ahead of them.
I know it’s over a decade ago, but look at the signings Cahill, Lescott, Baines and Jagielka. Hungry players who wanted to succeed and in the case of 3 of them, went onto to be top PL players for us.
I’d seriously look again at the championship. Look at Watkins and Cash how they have improved Villa. Eze at Palace, Maddison at Leicester. I am sure there are others. The current players look like they couldn’t care less. We need players that do care and want to progress in their careers, not see us as a final payday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam.

Bookmarking is a feature on this forum that allows members to 'bookmark' individual posts for future reference.

I'm prodding @MikeH72 to be more conclusive in his opinion so, when Everton come good under Ancelotti - I can wind him up.
I'd love to see this happen, I'm not convinced it will at this point, so I'm just gonna, you know...

Bookmarked...
where did we finish last year, plumbs?

When did we last win away at the pit or Arsenal or Leicester or Tottenham?

Stop being knee jerk and realise we are a terrible team, full of dross and NO manager in the world would be able to improve us. We need more cohesive, better quality players.

We're on 56 points with 2 games to go. Have some perspective.
@Groucho so is this allowed? I take offense at it. If you're gonna call me fruits at least spell them right....

Yet a caretaker manager of a team with 17 pts before tonight, who were relegated 5 weeks ago, can apparently improve his team enough to beat us. Ok mate, good one. Btw, last year we were 12th, and 8th the two seasons before that. So Carlo is gonna be at best as good as Fat Sam and Marco Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back