Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle at Goodison was a prime example of that Toff, they hadn't won a game for yonks before they played us but they worked out all they had to do was press us all over the gaff and we would struggle.

It's the same every home game, and it's only not the same away because we don't really come out at teams or try to.

First 5 mins we look all nice and pretty without much substance - bar against Southampton when we scored from a simple long ball and flick on - and then teams realise that to stop the ball getting through all they need to do is press our defence. And that's because we simply have nobody there to collect the ball, and move with it. Now, that player isn't in the squad, which is disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful, from Mr Brands. However, Carlo doesn't help because as you say, it's happened before, so why haven't we got a way around it? Why are Dom and Richarlison dropping into midfield, why is James the one dropping back? Why does Doucoure treat the ball like a hot potato?

There's so many issues but all they're doing now is building into a crescendo. They're issues that have been there all season and haven't looked close to being addressed. Appreciate some are clearly recruitment, but that doesn't excuse it.

Have we though? We've got great results, but I think that clouds over people's judgements of the actual performances, which at times have been pretty ropey even in the games we've one, but a few moments of indivivual quality have won us the points.
When we've not won against them sides in beards a ropey win and 3 points beats years of no points but we played ok tho.

This is what I’ve been saying.

But some people want to bin Carlo and start Delph.

And they say I’m the loony?

Yet far less experienced managers are coaching and motivating worse, less experienced players and setting them up in such a way that they are functional and able to get results.

Everton were very poor tonight yes but every Sheffield player showed hunger, worked hard, pressed and played some nice one touch passing movements too.

I cannot see much hunger from players in blue.

Oh I agree mate we need Ancelotti as well as the here and now need him to build for the future. I think with the like of James and Allan he's looked at their experience in the game hoping it would push this squad of players on, what he hasn't realised is that those 2 are on a different level to the cack we've got.
The midfield is still the biggest area of concern for me. I’d keep Allan and that’s about it. It pains me to say it but I would really consider selling Richarlison if a decent bid came in the summer for him. I’d recall Kean and give him a go or alternatively sell either one of them and get the likes of Toney in. We desperately need a RB and RW, all season we have been playing down one side of the pitch as we have nothing down the right. A right hand side of Holgate and Coleman is just laughable.

Yet far less experienced managers are coaching and motivating worse, less experienced players and setting them up in such a way that they are functional and able to get results.

Everton were very poor tonight yes but every Sheffield player showed hunger, worked hard, pressed and played some nice one touch passing movements too.

Sheff U were the typical side who have no pressure.

Relegated teams are the worst opponents.

Said this earlier in the thread. The attitude from the players is awful. Only target young hungry players in the future.

So basically, he has not been able to improve the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes etc., has seen Richarlison and Digne go backwards while he has been in charge but none of it is his fault apart from being too trusting?
I don't think there is any chance of him being shown the door but I have found his time at the club immensely underwhelming. I can't think of many premier league managers who would have done worse with this set of players.
I actually agree with some of what you are saying mate. I was trying to give a bit of balance to some earlier posts that I thought were way OTT.

Can you blame them?

They should read the room and refrain from 'disappointed but onto the next one'.

They should be embarrassed.

No one wants to hear from any of them. They did their talking on the pitch and told every Evertonian around the world that they couldn't be arsed and didn't want to fight to win a game of football.

There's very little to like in this Everton squad. They sum up a lot of what's wrong in modern football. Too much money and not enough effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back