Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the big conundrum for me: if we have one of the great managers (and his record suggests we have) then how come we have a load of players who look lacking in confidence in their own ability?

Look at Rodgers: in many ways an utter bluffer, but he knows football and how to get a team believing in themsleves. He got a kick and run Liverpool to within a Gerrard slip of the title; Celtic he builds on their dominance up there; Leicester he re-establishes as a top 4 team and wins a trophy.

I want a team again. Moyes had that, but he couldn't manage for 'kin toffee in terms of coaching ability.

One of these days we're going to get it right on a manager (the blend) and we'll be up and running...just not any time soon.

Rodgers has good players. He walked into a job with good honest players. Ancelotti has won a lot with good players.
Rodgers wouldnt get a tune out of this lot. Sigurdsson cant run with a ball. Gomes cant keep pace with anyone. Doucoure grafts but he's very basic. Davies isnt good enough. Alex iwobi in bentford fc level. Rodgers wouldnt even entertain them.
Irony though. Leicesters home record this season is nearly as bad as Evertons.

Big questions over his inability to do anything about the abysmal home performances across an entire season. His (deserved) glowing reputation is at risk if things don't improve markedly next season.

None of them have any excuses left whatsoever Manager included. These same players and Manager after the first 8 games in all competitions achieved 7 wins, 1 draw with 26 goals for and 10 against. That could not be any further than what we have seen for at least the full second half of this season. One of the worst home records in our club history, players strolling around not even assed, unable to even pass the ball 5 feet to a team mate and being regularly beaten and shamed by the poorest teams in the league, Manager unable to get them motivated, unable to instil a mindset and philosophy, unable to influence and change a game at any point in it, setting up too defensive due to fear of his players being crap again. Just goes on and on.

They are all responsible, Manager included and I am ashamed to be an Evertonian and wont be watching the last 2 games, season is over for me. Cannot take any more suffering and embarrassment by a bunch of numpties that aren't interested in playing for us.

At least Carlo has had the decency to come out and be honest about the current state of things. I feel sorry for him as these no mark chancers have made him look bad. Hopefully he is given the power to do whatever he wants in the summer and get as many of these wasters out of the club as possible even if we lose money and get some players here who want to play for Everton.
That interview was comical in a way: a manager like him understandably exasperated with the complete lack of professionalism at the club.

But I honestly dont think he's cut out for this job. Too much reconstruction needed when he's more of a tweaker of elite teams. And some of the performances he describes as very good were far from being that.

I dont think he'll walk, but I'd be happy with that. Move on from him amicably.

Reactions: Lob

Here's the big conundrum for me: if we have one of the great managers (and his record suggests we have) then how come we have a load of players who look lacking in confidence in their own ability?

Look at Rodgers: in many ways an utter bluffer, but he knows football and how to get a team believing in themsleves. He got a kick and run Liverpool to within a Gerrard slip of the title; Celtic he builds on their dominance up there; Leicester he re-establishes as a top 4 team and wins a trophy.

I want a team again. Moyes had that, but he couldn't manage for 'kin toffee in terms of coaching ability.

One of these days we're going to get it right on a manager (the blend) and we'll be up and running...just not any time soon.

I think it boils down to this issue...

We're a club, a fanbase, and probably a squad right now, that cry out for an identity.

But, we've got a manager that does not have an identity. That's just not how he is. He's adaptable, game by game etc.

I do think those two things can work together, but whether, if you throw these players on top we currently have on top of that, it's going to get the time needed, I don't know.

Because who the hell does he play instead? Broadhead? The academy kids and get relegated?

He has no tools to work with.

The annoyance for me is not using the tools - and that's a good term for most of these - he does have that do work.

Davies is the perfect, prime example. Frees up Allan. In theory would then allow us to free up Doucoure and play James further upfield.

Yet he doesn't do it, hasn't tried it, is totally slow and crap with any changes in game whether that's in terms of system or subs. Teams are rocking up to Goodison and playing us off the park. That's a massive worry.

But, I do agree that we need better players. I think we've been crap away though. We play crap, by and large, bar a few odd games. We just manage to grind stuff out. But I can't use the fans as a reason for the home form and then laud the away form because it's the same for every club.

It's a royal mess.

How did this genius get this side that cant beat the Liverpool under 12s to beat the full first team and Anfield.

You made legends out of these cowards that day carlo. Now clear them out. Get your team.

Ancelotti has made his reputation from winning multiple Champions League titles. Winning cups is about being the last man standing and avoiding defeat.

Winning League titles is about winning the most games. Carlo's record at winning titles is pretty patchy. He was manager of a Berlusconi funded AC MIlan for 8 years and won 1 League title.

Carlo is a dinosaur whose tactics are stuck in the last century. A negative Italian coach who struggles when his teams are expected to attack instead of being defensively solid.

The annoyance for me is not using the tools - and that's a good term for most of these - he does have that do work.

Davies is the perfect, prime example. Frees up Allan. In theory would then allow us to free up Doucoure and play James further upfield.

Yet he doesn't do it, hasn't tried it, is totally slow and crap with any changes in game whether that's in terms of system or subs. Teams are rocking up to Goodison and playing us off the park. That's a massive worry.

But, I do agree that we need better players. I think we've been crap away though. We play crap, by and large, bar a few odd games. We just manage to grind stuff out. But I can't use the fans as a reason for the home form and then laud the away form because it's the same for every club.

It's a royal mess.

I said it earlier Toff in the match thread when Sigurdsson came on, I said that I wasn't Davies biggest fan but when he's played next to Allan then Allan has looked so much better.

Ancelotti has made his reputation from winning multiple Champions League titles. Winning cups is about being the last man standing and avoiding defeat.

Winning League titles is about winning the most games. Carlo's record at winning titles is pretty patchy. He was manager of a Berlusconi funded AC MIlan for 8 years and won 1 League title.

Carlo is a dinosaur whose tactics are stuck in the last century. A negative Italian coach who struggles when his teams are expected to attack instead of being defensively solid.

Patchy? He’s won the league in 4 different countries lol

What was it? Klopp lost 7 or 8 cup finals in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back