Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's spot on though. The majority of the players aren't capable of playing on the front foot. You could then question him on why he hasn't adapted our style to suit the players but you could also say long term it's better that he sets his stall out in terms of style and gets the plaers in needed to carry it out.
He has adapted. If you're a team who are terrible on the ball you have to play tight and nick wins. The problem is the players are also craphouses as well as incapable of quick decision making or incisive passing.

He has adapted. If you're a team who are terrible on the ball you have to play tight and nick wins. The problem is the players are also craphouses as well as incapable of quick decision making or incisive passing.

But our players should not be so utterly useless on the ball mate... that's kind of the point.

there's no semblance of an attacking plan, it's all hit and hope, or rely on one flash of quality.

That to me indicates a complete lack of work on the training pitch.

Marco Silva's last game. The team that lost 5-2 to Liverpool.

The team that would often down tools...

1621250859146.png

Sure, Ancelotti isn't infallible but let's not keep making the same mistakes and allowing these players to hide behind the manager.

But our players should not be so utterly useless on the ball mate... that's kind of the point.

there's no semblance of an attacking plan, it's all hit and hope, or rely on one flash of quality.

Some may say you can't polish a turd no matter how much you train it, mate.

Before Bielsa arrived we were bottom 3 of the form table for the entire calender year.

Dont let our midtable finish cloud this, we were dire and went from that to spending more time top 2 than Sheffield United and Norwich combined the next season with only 1 new regular player.

Sheffield United and Wolves had nothing like the injury issues we have had in their first seasons.

Liam Cooper (Captain) has missed 13 games this season.

Kalvin Phillips has missed 9 games.

Robin Koch and Diego Llorente the 2 players we signed to help our defence in the Prem have missed 17 games each this season.

Rodrigo has missed 12 league games.

Even Raphinha has missed 8 games.

Despite all that we are only 1 point behind where Wolves and Blades were at the same point in their 1st seasons with a better goal difference and 2 fixtures remaining against teams we have already beaten giving usthe opportunity to beat the points totals of both.

And since we got Diego Llorente back from injury we sit 7th in the form table ahead of you, West Ham and Leicester.

I think the difference between us and Sheffield United for example is they struggled to score which is always the hardest part of football, we havent and whereas our defence improved vastly as the season progressed their attacking issues didnt.

Our form over the season has gotten better, theirs got worse. Despite all the Bielsa burnout stuff we sit 6th in the form table over the last 10 games with the 3rd best defence, that has coincided with Diego Llorente and Robin Koch returning from injury.

MB has totally changed our club and i have no doubt that if given everything he required like we have he would do the same for any other club.

But most clubs wont do that, he wouldn't get the control he needs at a lot of clubs and if he doesnt get that he wont take the job.

Money and trophies dont motivate Bielsa, projects do, he has a history of rejecting jobs that he didn't feel were the right fit or the right time.

Inter Milan in the 2010s
Real Madrid in the early 2000s
Napoli in the 2010s
Sampdoria in the 2010s
Roma in the 2010s
Sevilla in the 2010s
And possibly Barcelona also.

He is unique in his approach but also in how he decides on his managerial positions.

I saw someone earlier say thay throwing huge money at Bielsa would tempt him, it wouldn't.

He gave away his first year salary with us to his beloved club in Argentina so they could build a training ground.

He is already a very wealthy man who lives a very simple life, throwing a large cheque at him wouldn't convince him at all.

Long post alert lol sorry.
This is a brilliant post. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully more than a couple of people will see that Bielsa is highly regarded for a lot of these things, including his humility when it comes to money and his conviction when it comes to his ideals. No trophies matters less when you have integrity. The big clubs are all the clubs who would want their CEOs to make all the decisions, and that isn't Bielsa.

Not saying we should chase him, at all, but I do respect him. He's the type of manager that can get you to the semi's by beating several top sides, then come out with a mad tactic that will either destroy someone 7-0 or ship 7 goals. Ha. I love watching his sides but only as a neutral.

I've always felt he believed too much in most of the players. Then slowly as the season went on, he realised to a point now that think he knows he can't.

You can get that from the interviews. There's been games where he's been uncharacteristically furious on the touchline. Then in interviews he gradually becomes more and more baffled by what the players are doing.

I'm not removing him from all blame (the wing back idea with Davies and Iwobi was utter madness). But I do think that teams he's managed, he's had players with stronger mentalities that what he has now.

So when he says "each game is a fight for Europe" then the players go out with performances like last night...they're clearly not listening to him.

Said right from the off, he'll suffer no fools. And his statement about bringing quality in last night just proves to me that some of these players should be looking for new homes.
Read his book mate, he's a trust builder and not a micromanager. Which is good when you have dozy but dedicated professionals, brilliant when you have intelligent, talented and driven professionals, but an absolute nightmare when you have training-ground professionals who crap their kecks when the cross the touchline.

This was the criticism at Bayern wasn’t it. Robben said that his son had to work harder training with the school team than he did at Bayern.

This was the criticism at Bayern wasn’t it. Robben said that his son had to work harder training with the school team than he did at Bayern.
What do they do in training because it looks to me as we just work on being hard to beat. And that is pointless at home when we have brain dead players without desire and intensity. The only time we have had an attacking set up was the first seven games. So obviously they'd worked on it then so has he just reverted to safety first when we lost a few games,?

What's stopping the players doing more if they think they need it to maintain fitness?

Every player should be handling that part themselves, not looking at making excuses because someone didn't tell me to work hard...

Marco Silva's last game. The team that lost 5-2 to Liverpool.

The team that would often down tools...

View attachment 127445

Sure, Ancelotti isn't infallible but let's not keep making the same mistakes and allowing these players to hide behind the manager.
And let's not forget that many of these players were brought in, brought through, or had their contracts extended by our current DoF. 13 of his signings in the squad again last night. We need to stop just harking back to previous regimes and acting like these are the same players that got Martinez sacked, 9 of last night's squad were signed in the last 2 summers.

Moshiri wants full control and then wastes millions on hiring people he can then by-pass.

The DoF role is redundant under him, so why he hires them is anyone's guess.

He wants high profile managers to get us there and he thinks they are apporopriate for the massive attitudinal changes required and changes the players must make and for creating an identity for the club. He thinks that hiring winners get's you a winning manager for this club. He is 100% wrong.

Moshiri is both our enabler (stadium) and our misfortune (enormous financial waster on the playing side).

...Moshiri isn’t a football man. He knows nothing about playing. The DoF role isn’t redundant under him, I’m sure Brands has a big say in identifying and acquiring targets as well as agreeing a playing strategy with the Manager.

He is an enabler for the stadium but he also backs his appointments with cash. If the team is failing, if the team is not progressing then I think it’s fair to say he got those key appointments wrong. Lots of money has been misspent during his tenure, not because he’s a waster but because he made poor appointments.

Yes, very obviously, to all three. You only need to take a step back to see it.

So much knee jerking today it's unreal.
Yeah it’s real knee jerk to be fed up with another insipid display against a terrible team.

Burnley
Newcastle
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Leeds
Sheffield

It’s been happening time and time again. It’s unacceptable. You need to read up on what kneejerk actually means - you can’t apply it here.

@GrandOldTeam

I admit I was pro Carlo and refused to see his flaws because of his history. I debated with friends that he isn’t past it and they kept giving me evidence that he clearly was - but I wasn’t having it.

But everything some Chelsea fans have told me about Carlo has come true unfortunately. They told me that his training sessions are a joke and the players are unfit - this has been proved true.

They said that his substitutions are always either too late or the wrong kind of sub. This has been proven true.

They said that his football is pretty boring and ‘safe’ - this has been proven true.

So I’m fed up. I’m fed up we’re paying him a huge amount in wages for the dross we serve up every single weekend. It’s simply unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back