Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are seriously overestimating how many Everton fans want Ancellotti dismissed, and the small percentage that do would admit to themselves that it is seriously impractical financially and highly unlikely to happen.

Far too many pages on this thread have been wasted by people jumping to ridiculous conclusions that there is some kind of swelling Ancellotti Out movement, when in reality it is merely people raising legitimate questions about his methods, which they are allowed to do. It doesn't mean they want him sacked.

It is unclear whether Carlo is the right man for Everton, but what is clear is that he'll be given time and rightly so, his record earns him that above all else.
Shhhh, you are invalidating his shouts that everyone wants EDDIE HOWE LOLZ

There’s still not one credible name anyone has put forward for the question of ‘if not Ancelotti then who?’. Rodgers has better players at Leicester but still has been afforded time that some don’t want to afford to Ancelotti. Bielsa was also afforded far more time. These are the only names that anyone puts forward for the job description of turning around one of the most disastrous institutions in English football from 30 years of going in the wrong direction.
That young lad who won the title in Scotland this year with Rangers seems to be a winner.

Oh not this again. I absolutely don't want us to sack him (and even if I did I'm about 99.99% certain that we won't anyway) but we all know how this game goes. Someone comes forward and gives you a list of 15 names from all different backgrounds and stages of their career and you dismiss all of them as either unobtainable or not god enough, and then clap yourself on the back at having 'proved' yourself right and reiterate the point a week later that nobody has put forward a single candidate.
I'm not for firing Ancelotti, either, but one thing that annoys me is the constant downgrading of other managers' performance. I mean, Sean Dyche's job at Burnely is phenomenal, the way Graham Potter has transformed Brighton into a playing team in a short time is also very good, Brendan Rodgers has done a great job at Leicester, and Bielsa has almost performed miracles at Leeds. Everyone has in common that when you see the teams play then you can say that it is a Bielsa, Potter, Rodgers, Dyche team. There is great recognizability over time, and it suggests a good managerial craft.

Many people tend to rate performance (managers) absolutely, but managers do not compete under equal conditions. Therefore, you need to consider it relatively. Furthermore, you need to include the context in the assessment. My skepticism of Ancelotti has revolved more around the fact that he has no relevant experience in developing a mediocre team to compete with top clubs. He is also not known for being an innovator, or one who prefers a particular way of playing football.

I kind of do not know what he has in his toolbox, apart from the desire of some supporters that we will be the new Galacticos, and that he is exceptionally good when it comes to man-management with star players. During this season, I have not been convinced that he actually has any ideas. But of course I'm waiting in excitement for next season, and hope he shows the skills some here on the forum talk so loudly about.

He stands on the touchline looking just as disinterested as the players.

No matter how badly they perform, certain players are never 'dropped'. ie Holgate

No matter how badly the team performs certain players cannot get on the pitch. ie Nkounkou.

Is it any wonder there is a question of 'Attitude'.

If he does leave, I for one won't miss his 'Passion'.

I'm not for firing Ancelotti, either, but one thing that annoys me is the constant downgrading of other managers' performance. I mean, Sean Dyche's job at Burnely is phenomenal, the way Graham Potter has transformed Brighton into a playing team in a short time is also very good, Brendan Rodgers has done a great job at Leicester, and Bielsa has almost performed miracles at Leeds. Everyone has in common that when you see the teams play then you can say that it is a Bielsa, Potter, Rodgers, Dyche team. There is great recognizability over time, and it suggests a good managerial craft.

Many people tend to rate performance (managers) absolutely, but managers do not compete under equal conditions. Therefore, you need to consider it relatively. Furthermore, you need to include the context in the assessment. My skepticism of Ancelotti has revolved more around the fact that he has no relevant experience in developing a mediocre team to compete with top clubs. He is also not known for being an innovator, or one who prefers a particular way of playing football.

I kind of do not know what he has in his toolbox, apart from the desire of some supporters that we will be the new Galacticos, and that he is exceptionally good when it comes to man-management with star players. During this season, I have not been convinced that he actually has any ideas. But of course I'm waiting in excitement for next season, and hope he shows the skills some here on the forum talk so loudly about.
The Potter one is the one I really don't get . The media love him , the stats people love him.
But he has Brighton in 17th . They haven't improved one bit results wise under him .

The Potter one is the one I really don't get . The media love him , the stats people love him.
But he has Brighton in 17th . They haven't improved one bit results wise under him .
You have to remember how Brighton played under Houghton. They have come quite a long way in a short time from that. If Brighton make a couple of good signings this summer, they will be a top 10 team next season. All the indicators behind the results show that Brighton are doing very well, and it's more about bad luck and the players' qualities, than what the coach does, in terms of the results

No matter how badly they perform, certain players are never 'dropped'. ie Holgate

No matter how badly the team performs certain players cannot get on the pitch. ie Nkounkou.

This is one of my big gripes. NOBODY is accountable in this team. Not Brands for leaving massive holes in the squad, not Carlo for sending out a team that looks completely lost from the first minute, not the players for absolutely being gigantic pieces of crap on the pitch. Everybody seemingly is given a pass.

Did you notice Big Dunc having a right to at him before half time ...are they getting seat cushions back for the Wolves game ? :D
Carlo is survival is on his last reputation I hope he can turn the corner, but on that showing the juries out .....

Did you notice Big Dunc having a right to at him before half time ...are they get Hong cushions back for the Wolves game ? :D
Carlo is survival is on his last reputation I hope he can turn the corner, but on that showing the juries out .....

Sorry about this one Joey, but could you explain what a “ Hong cushion “ is ???

I’ve wracked my brains and I can’t come up with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back