Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said.

Carlo doesn’t care about us and at this point in his life, he won’t care about reputation. He will probably have a job managing Italy after this failed experiment and then retire with his feet up in the beautiful scenery of Italian country, sipping on 400 Euro-per-bottle wine paid for by Everton.

The amount he earns compared to the performances and results simply isn’t good enough. There are far better managers around who wouldn’t demand his salary here.

He’s Pellegrini Part 2. West Ham fans were excited because they saw him win the league with Man City but it turned out a bad move with hindsight. Past glories are not a barometer to use when managing Everton, our resources are limited compared to the likes of Chelsea, Bayern and other powerhouses.

We haven’t even got European football to offer, why would you come here if you were a good player? Because of Carlo? I don’t think modern players even know about him really, they will be looking up to the likes of Pep, Tuchel and the like. Not old fashioned, pragmatic Italian coaches.
Gwladys you a coming on super strong. Making me erect here you are.

You have to remember how Brighton played under Houghton. They have come quite a long way in a short time from that. If Brighton make a couple of good signings this summer, they will be a top 10 team next season. All the indicators behind the results show that Brighton are doing very well, and it's more about bad luck and the players' qualities, than what the coach does, in terms of the results
You could say rhat about any team.
Better players will make them better.
Facts are Brighton are 17th. I really don't get the hype about Potter. Parker gets it's a lot too.
And he's heading for the championship.

Carlo has now had a season and a half and one proper transfer window. This season has been a mixed bag but there is plenty to be hopeful about , however we do need to spend money in the window again this summer if we are to improve further.

A manager needs probably three full seasons to put his stamp on the team ,Carlo needs more time and more money and will get both unless Real Madrid come calling.

However, I think there have been times when Carlo and his management team have got it wrong.... last night being one of them.

We must have the slowest team in the league and the changes he usually makes it to replace slow players with slower ones.

Iwobi has been poor this season but he does have pace and last night we were crying out for some.
Nkonkou has loads of pace and could have been played ahead of Digne after switching to a back four.

We brought on Sigurdsson and Gomes, two of the slowest players in the squad. When we go behind in games I generally now accept we will lose, we lack pace and without JR we lack creativity.

The manager has to work with the players at his disposal, but if Jebbison were at Everton this season I wonder if he would get even near the first team.
Broadhead has done very well with the under 23's, has been on the bench a few times for the senior team but I don't think he has ever been brought on, another player with pace.

I don't think that turning against Carlo is productive and some elements of the season have been good but recently I don't think his decision making has been good.

You could say rhat about any team.
Better players will make them better.
Facts are Brighton are 17th. I really don't get the hype about Potter. Parker gets it's a lot too.
And he's heading for the championship.
Yes, of course, but the point is that the structure and organization of Brighton is good. That is, the coach has facilitated for the players to succeed. They are high on all indicators that measure this, and have a certain form of predictive power. On the other hand, we are relatively low on these indicators.

Doesn't trust the young players enough. Nkunkou, Kean, Gordon even Davies not given enough chances to start especially when the competition is so mediocre.
Knouknou is a strange one to decipher, not the player but the way he is being used, or not being used to be correct, he has been on the bench for the last umpteen games, has never played for the U23’s since early in the season, so does he just train every week at Finch Farm but never play for the club.

Yes, of course, but the point is that the structure and organization of Brighton is good. That is, the coach has facilitated for the players to succeed. They are high on all indicators that measure this, and have a certain form of predictive power. On the other hand, we are relatively low on these indicators.
You can have all the good indicators you want though. The fact remains they are 17th with 37 points . Last season they came 15th with 41 points .
Dyche and Rogers have punched above their weight for sure . Potter has to go a long way to prove it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back