Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't worry, Carlo is already plotting next season's campaign!

1621269551632.png

Before Bielsa arrived we were bottom 3 of the form table for the entire calender year.

Dont let our midtable finish cloud this, we were dire and went from that to spending more time top 2 than Sheffield United and Norwich combined the next season with only 1 new regular player.

Sheffield United and Wolves had nothing like the injury issues we have had in their first seasons.

Liam Cooper (Captain) has missed 13 games this season.

Kalvin Phillips has missed 9 games.

Robin Koch and Diego Llorente the 2 players we signed to help our defence in the Prem have missed 17 games each this season.

Rodrigo has missed 12 league games.

Even Raphinha has missed 8 games.

Despite all that we are only 1 point behind where Wolves and Blades were at the same point in their 1st seasons with a better goal difference and 2 fixtures remaining against teams we have already beaten giving usthe opportunity to beat the points totals of both.

And since we got Diego Llorente back from injury we sit 7th in the form table ahead of you, West Ham and Leicester.

I think the difference between us and Sheffield United for example is they struggled to score which is always the hardest part of football, we havent and whereas our defence improved vastly as the season progressed their attacking issues didnt.

Our form over the season has gotten better, theirs got worse. Despite all the Bielsa burnout stuff we sit 6th in the form table over the last 10 games with the 3rd best defence, that has coincided with Diego Llorente and Robin Koch returning from injury.

MB has totally changed our club and i have no doubt that if given everything he required like we have he would do the same for any other club.

But most clubs wont do that, he wouldn't get the control he needs at a lot of clubs and if he doesnt get that he wont take the job.

Money and trophies dont motivate Bielsa, projects do, he has a history of rejecting jobs that he didn't feel were the right fit or the right time.

Inter Milan in the 2010s
Real Madrid in the early 2000s
Napoli in the 2010s
Sampdoria in the 2010s
Roma in the 2010s
Sevilla in the 2010s
And possibly Barcelona also.

He is unique in his approach but also in how he decides on his managerial positions.

I saw someone earlier say thay throwing huge money at Bielsa would tempt him, it wouldn't.

He gave away his first year salary with us to his beloved club in Argentina so they could build a training ground.

He is already a very wealthy man who lives a very simple life, throwing a large cheque at him wouldn't convince him at all.

Long post alert lol sorry.
Very good and informative post, about bielsa. My original post was coming from no real knowledge of how bielsa and Leeds clicked. Was just an outsiders view. I
Don’t for one minute disagree that bielsa with time and given what’s required would do a job here. However my issue is, if he’s given that time and everything that’s required to go with it to be a success here, why on earth wouldn’t people give Carlo that?
4 signings to this awful squad he inherited, wasn’t going to make us dominate this season. He needs time to build something, which is what a manager like bielsa would need as you stated.
But a manager can only do such much, with players at his disposal.

He's just the latest name used to try and needle folk.

Harry Potter would be a better bet. The footie would be magic.
It's unbelievable.
Rodgers has done a very good job but will never manage us .
Dyche has done a very good job but don't want him to manage us .
Bielsa has done a very good job but will never manage us .
Potter will finish around 15th twice in a row but is an xg wizard

It's unbelievable.
Rodgers has done a very good job but will never manage us .
Dyche has done a very good job but don't want him to manage us .
Bielsa has done a very good job but will never manage us .
Potter will finish around 15th twice in a row bit is an xg wizard

We easily won on Xg last night. That just about sums up how big a nonsense Xg is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back