Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen so many similar in the past who are flavour of the month and then move to a bigger club have a poor run and disappear into obscurity. Mike Walker for example
Others make it too. I’m not saying Everton should hire him or anything either, just giving my opinion of him

there's this idea he's footy without substance but actually it's not that at all really. They create the chances, loads of them, but have lacked that cutting edge.

Dom, even Richarlison-level of forward in that team and they'd have been at the very least where we are this season. So can see the logic.

I don't want him over Carlo. But I do think it makes the whole 'what more can he do with our rabble' thing laughable. Would people want Lallana, Gross and Bissouma as a three over James, Allan and Doucoure, for example...
If I’m honest I’d have Bissouma over Allan and Doucoure. I think there’s a player there

If we do end the season with a whimper in tenth (and let’s face it, we will), then that is a long run of awful form.

If we get off to a bad start in our first 6 games next season, then I think people will be having very different conversations on here.

Its the same with every manager.

Silva's first season you were Fanta Scruff if you dared question him. 2nd season people wanted him stringing up lol

I think you are doing Potter a great disservice.

A man of his not inconsiderable talents needs a better platform to showcase them than current day Everton. I'm afraid our squad, transfer strategy, and deeply ingrained culture of mediocrity and low aspirations (reflected in player attitudes) is just not the breeding ground talents like him thrive in.

No, said bigger clubs are a better bet. So that leaves the question, who else succeeds the ailing Ancelotti?
whilst this is indubitably accurate, I do feel our sleeping giant of a club can provide fertile ground for a certain breed of manager. A man (or woman) who really loved that TV programme 'Glee' and/or 'Fame' might do well here since our brave lionhearts really only embrace Blue Chrimbo panto performances (certainly not football ones). Hard to find that man though...maybe a 'situations vacant' notice on the bulletins board inside The Lisbon?

whilst this is indubitably accurate, I do feel our sleeping giant of a club can provide fertile ground for a certain breed of manager. A man (or woman) who really loved that TV programme 'Glee' and/or 'Fame' might do well here since our brave lionhearts really only embrace Blue Chrimbo panto performances (certainly not football ones). Hard to find that man though...maybe a 'situations vacant' notice on the bulletins board inside The Lisbon?
This may appease the die hards who seek a man well versed in style and flair.

Make it so!

Potter would fit us like a glove. He will be at Leicester/Arsenal/Spurs/Utd next, Brighton play good stuff and without a striker. Not like the turd we serve every weekend.

Why the hell would we hire Potter, when we have Carlo? Madness, we had sexy Silva and still couldn't play the ball forwards without it going astray.

Going to be finishing tenth.

Which, if we do is a shocker of a season.

Shocking END to the season. We have been there or thereabouts all year bar from the last 3/4 games. That is a huge improvement over being near the foot of the table and having a late rally to finish mid table. Also two quarter finals, if this is a shocker I hate to think what the last few can be classed as.

If we do end the season with a whimper in tenth (and let’s face it, we will), then that is a long run of awful form.

If we get off to a bad start in our first 6 games next season, then I think people will be having very different conversations on here.

We ended last season on a whimper but had a great start to this season.

Injuries and an absolute lack of squad depth (plus general naff players) has really stuffed us second half of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back