Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been an up and down season with injuries etc. But you've heard from Carlo himself, the squad is limited to do anything but be compact and pragmatic.

He's also said he's got an idea to improve the play in the window.

Mentality, ability. He keeps saying these things and the players keep failing. They've failed other managers too.

We've bought horrifically for years. There's no question of that
See even Ancelotti himself admitted that those performances caught him by surprise and that 'the bubble will burst' eventually. He actually said that back in October.

Again - he knows this squad is severely limited.
Stinks of Moyes-ism. Knife to a gun fight, and everyone is drinking the cool-aid!

He’s got a better team than Big Sam did. Is the football much better? Or the results? Genuine question as I don’t know Sam’s record v Carlos.

Yes, very obviously, to all three. You only need to take a step back to see it.
No-one who has actually watched us at home the last few months can seriously say that the football is better. And even if it was, with a better squad you should be able to produce better football.
The football is subjective, and in patches I'd say it was. The results are probably a bit better.
I honestly can't remember the last time we actually played a good game of football. We've had good results, but largely off of being hard to beat and nicking a goal.
I'm not removing him from all blame (the wing back idea with Davies and Iwobi was utter madness). But I do think that teams he's managed, he's had players with stronger mentalities that what he has now.
Tbf that was about the best Iwobi has played all season! Maybe there is a little method to his madness :o :D

That shouldnt just be aimed at players who dont want to be at the club. It should be aimed at players who are happy to stay and earn ££ but dont care.

In 26 years as a manager Carlo has won 4 League titles. That is despite managing Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern and Napoli.

That is patchy.

Wiki: "Ancelotti is one of only three managers to have won the UEFA Champions League three times (twice with Milan and once with Real Madrid), and one of only two to have managed teams in four finals. He has won the FIFA Club World Cup twice, managing Milan and Real Madrid. Ancelotti is also one of seven people to have won the European Cup or Champions League as both a player and a manager. He is regarded as one of the best and most successful managers of all time"

@gwladysnight: "His record is a bit patchy"

Oh I rate Bissouma. But I mean if you lined up the midfield threes against each other, and had to choose, I'd say most people would pick ours, no?
I don't think Doucoure has much of a reputation outside of Everton fans and Marco Silva, but I agree that most would pick Allan over Bissouma.

I can't help but feel that warning from Ancelotti was in part at least for Richardson.

Possibly , Holgate and maybe Iwobi as well.....but really apart from a certain group it could be anyone.

I think Carlo would regard Pickford,Kean,Minard,Godfrey ,Diane,Allan,Doucoure,JR and and DCL core players, Coleman as well for leadership more than being a certain starter.

This is the first time in a good number of years that players will be worried they won’t be part of the furniture next season. Even last summer they were all pretty confident that Carlo couldn’t replace them all and with a few injuries they’ll be right back in.

Now though Coleman is staring down the barrel of not being first choice. Keane Holgate and Mina are sweating on not being first choice. All of Davies Gomes Siggurdson will be wondering if they’re getting minutes next season with Allan Doucoure Gbamin back fit and new arrivals. The game is up for a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back