Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as impossible to see someone come in and do a better job but whoever it is will have to convince the club to think longer term and I have no idea who that will be. But I wouldn't say we can't ever have a better manager than Carlo cause frankly he's not done anything to prove that as Everton manager.
I think if you want the club to think longer term, we need a new owner.

Moshiri aint here for playing.

And Ancelotti's record as Everton is still better than most who came before him.

Well then the players should play better. Honestly lads wtf. The players are bottlers. Every time there is something to play for they cack it. Squads not good enough in quality, menatility and attitude. Weve got a guy at the helm who sees that and has the skills and experience to change it. His reputation will pull better quality, winners into this squad. These goons have had their chance under a plethora of managers. Theres about 5 or 6 players who I'm arsed about in this squad, the rest can get in the bin. Stop defending them.
At some point the manager gets some blame to. The players should play better is a cop out after the 15th game trying the same things and making no progress. I'm at that point. I know not everyone is.

At some point the manager gets some blame to. The players should play better is a cop out after the 15th game trying the same things and making no progress. I'm at that point. I know not everyone is.
I dont see how we are at the 15th game trying the same thing. He's gone to a back 3 vs a flat 4. Doucoure and Allan have returned. It's far from doing the same thing. I get that we have played some garbage football over the last 3 months but for me that has coincided with injuries to key players like James, Allan and Doucoure. So he tried other things during that time to get us through, and we actually did ok with results against the teams around us. The fact our performances are so abject against the lower teams highlights to me the players arent at the races. Lack of focus, work rate and application. It all comes back to the players for me. "I want champions league" yet play like a scarecrow for half the season. Not a managerial issue, it's an application issue. Some of them think they are better than they are, most of them aren't good enough.

Richarlisons performances of late have been an actual hindrance to any champions league expectations the club had. It's one example. You cant point the finger at the manager for that. Especially when the squad is wafer thin on quality in that position. It would have been a bonus if we'd got top 4 this season but this is a long term project. Theres still an abundance of high earning turd kickers in the squad who need shifting out.

Hes only a bad owner if he doesnt achieve his goals and even then hes thrown everything he has at the problem.

Soon to be in a world class stadium also, hes not a bad owner, hes 1 of the best in the league.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying though. All he can think to do is throw money at problems. That isn't good sports ownership.

Hes only a bad owner if he doesnt achieve his goals and even then hes thrown everything he has at the problem.

Soon to be in a world class stadium also, hes not a bad owner, hes 1 of the best in the league.
Well said!

the sheer cheek of evertonians calling out Moshiri as a bad owner.

world class stadium and funds for players, a world class manager and James.

perhaps you want to go back to bill kenwright loaning absolute dross and taking us to a cowshed in kirkby.

Its the best kind of ownership!

City and Chelsea say hiya, PSG say how you doin.

You want Moshiri to think ahead, but the change in pace that requires would cause riots I suspect.
They had much more competent recruitment policies and to this point manager appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back