Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we can all agree, regardless of your position on the manager, the summer window is critical to where we go from here. We need high quality winners. Not these frigging shrinking violets who do alright for a while then wilt when theres something on the line. We cant continue to be a charity for top level cast offs. Leicester, and no disrespect at all to Leicester, have done more in football over 5 seasons than we have done in the last 25+. Ancelotti for me is the guy to turn that on its head.

Think we can all agree, regardless of your position on the manager, the summer window is critical to where we go from here. We need high quality winners. Not these frigging shrinking violets who do alright for a while then wilt when theres something on the line. We cant continue to be a charity for top level cast offs. Leicester, and no disrespect at all to Leicester, have done more in football over 5 seasons than we have done in the last 25+. Ancelotti for me is the guy to turn that on its head.
Leicester got lucky hitting on Vardy, Mahrez and Kante all at the same time. But what they've done since is not an accident. They're a club with a vision that calculates everything they do and that's why they've got a strong squad with a manager that suits what they can do. We're not this and while yes this window is important the chances of us turning it all around during it are slim and the chances of a coherent set of signings that set the stage for a steady upward development is even slimmer.

Carlo will want splashy moves to chase Europe again next year, and it may work, but it feels like it will all be fleeting and minor successes if we have them at all. We can't fix it all in a single year.

Richarlisons performances of late have been an actual hindrance to any champions league expectations the club had. It's one example. You cant point the finger at the manager for that. Especially when the squad is wafer thin on quality in that position. It would have been a bonus if we'd got top 4 this season but this is a long term project. Theres still an abundance of high earning turd kickers in the squad who need shifting out.
I can't understand how richarleson is so poor yet we don't have a reserve team striker on the bench instead of two goalies. That sheff utd lad was seventeen. Throw them in and see how they do .

Maybe this will turn out to be a watershed moment. I honestly think he will sign some big names this window. I doubt he'll ever want a repeat of this seasons home form. As I say this man has a reputation and a legacy he won't want a club like Everton tarnishing it, he'll win a pot before he goes, I stand on that.

Reading that id say he knows names, I think this summer could be quite a surprise for some fans, I think we might finally see the back of some of these players.

The club MUST back this man over this squad of players. No more second chances. No more pandering to to overpaid underperforming players.

He’s got it spot on, and he knows exactly who the wasters are. Hope we’re absolutely savage in the summer. Don’t even care if we make losses on a few players, the bad apples need removing and I don’t think FFP will be a concern in us replacing them, it’s basically dead anyway after their non-punishment of City.

Leicester got lucky hitting on Vardy, Mahrez and Kante all at the same time. But what they've done since is not an accident. They're a club with a vision that calculates everything they do and that's why they've got a strong squad with a manager that suits what they can do. We're not this and while yes this window is important the chances of us turning it all around during it are slim and the chances of a coherent set of signings that set the stage for a steady upward development is even slimmer.

Carlo will want splashy moves to chase Europe again next year, and it may work, but it feels like it will all be fleeting and minor successes if we have them at all. We can't fix it all in a single year.

So Craig Shakespeare and Claude Puel were part of the plan?

As for Rodgers...I honestly think this revisionist idea of him as this great manager revolutionising Leicester is an absolute farce.

No one would touch him after the RS and he went and won things in a 1 team league that Neil Lennon has won more trophies at.

Wiki: "Ancelotti is one of only three managers to have won the UEFA Champions League three times (twice with Milan and once with Real Madrid), and one of only two to have managed teams in four finals. He has won the FIFA Club World Cup twice, managing Milan and Real Madrid. Ancelotti is also one of seven people to have won the European Cup or Champions League as both a player and a manager. He is regarded as one of the best and most successful managers of all time"

@gwladysnight: "His record is a bit patchy"
Needs more consistency in his career. We shouldn't be a club to try allow managers to proof themselves on a regular basis. We aren't a bloody manager school ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back