Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will turn out to be a watershed moment. I honestly think he will sign some big names this window. I doubt he'll ever want a repeat of this seasons home form. As I say this man has a reputation and a legacy he won't want a club like Everton tarnishing it, he'll win a pot before he goes, I stand on that.
Sign which top p;ayers, any names?

Maybe this will turn out to be a watershed moment. I honestly think he will sign some big names this window. I doubt he'll ever want a repeat of this seasons home form. As I say this man has a reputation and a legacy he won't want a club like Everton tarnishing it, he'll win a pot before he goes, I stand on that.

Do you want big names?

Or do you want actual good players like Raphinha, Justin, Pereira, whichever.

They’ve got to come from somewhere Big players, why not just develop them ourselves?

me, no mate, just a fan on a forum sharing an opinion. not a scout or a DoF; Let's say I'm hoping we will sign some then.
I do too but can't think of any off the top of my head. Richi for example is a top layer but he's not been very good this season. Maybe raw young talent if he can find it is needed.

Do you want big names?

Or do you want actual good players like Raphinha, Justin, Pereira, whichever.

They’ve got to come from somewhere Big players, why not just develop them ourselves?
I'd like hungry players definitely, just trying to think from Ancelottis POV, he likes his players at a certain level.

I've said before and many others have that I wish we started picking these players up before they cost a premium, I think it's a much more sustainable model but it's whether the boss is willing to go down that route. Our track record in that department recently is bad Lookman, Vlasic, Kean etc

I'd like hungry players definitely, just trying to think from Ancelottis POV, he likes his players at a certain level.

I've said before and many others have that I wish we started picking these players up before they cost a premium, I think it's a much more sustainable model but it's whether the boss is willing to go down that route. Our track record in that department recently is bad Lookman, Vlasic, Kean etc

You say it's bad, but each one of those players is going to bring us a profit.

Vlasic himself came out and said he left because he couldn't standard Allardyce, and that is my only regret.

Stinks of Moyes-ism. Knife to a gun fight, and everyone is drinking the cool-aid!

No-one who has actually watched us at home the last few months can seriously say that the football is better. And even if it was, with a better squad you should be able to produce better football.

I honestly can't remember the last time we actually played a good game of football. We've had good results, but largely off of being hard to beat and nicking a goal.

Tbf that was about the best Iwobi has played all season! Maybe there is a little method to his madness :eek: :D
The two emoji sign off. I've missed it personally.

Screenshot_20210519-084439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-084959_Chrome.webp

You say it's bad, but each one of those players is going to bring us a profit.

Vlasic himself came out and said he left because he couldn't standard Allardyce, and that is my only regret.
I don't want them to bring us profit mate christ, I'd prefer they were successful and whilst in part it's down to the players, they also weren't given any sort of run in the side.

Anyway, I was agreeing with your point that we should be finding gems before they hit the prem and cost a premium.

I'd love the academy to start producing first team ready players a tad more consistently but again, how to judge a players development from an early age, you can't you can only go on what you have seen.

Not sure signing top players is what we need immediately. There needs to be a basis of committed players who feel they have to play out of their skin every week for the club, not stroll around collecting the cash.
More ‘Prima-donnas’ isn’t what we need.
Agreed, I have said why I said that above, Ancelotti may want certain players/names, he may not, we shall see. I agree though we need hungry players who are willing to run through brick walls for the privilege of wearing that Royal Blue Shirt

Agreed, I have said why I said that above, Ancelotti may want certain players/names, he may not, we shall see. I agree though we need hungry players who are willing to run through brick walls for the privilege of wearing that Royal Blue Shirt
Combination of both the young and hungry with room to go up a level, solid pros who can come in and do a job (think Phil Neville), and proven performers with the right attitude. Getting any if those kinds of players is tough though.

Could be a fun summer!

I don't want them to bring us profit mate christ, I'd prefer they were successful and whilst in part it's down to the players, they also weren't given any sort of run in the side.

Anyway, I was agreeing with your point that we should be finding gems before they hit the prem and cost a premium.

I'd love the academy to start producing first team ready players a tad more consistently but again, how to judge a players development from an early age, you can't you can only go on what you have seen.

Oh no, I agree, but at least if it doesn't go to plan, we can use the sale as a bonus.

What good is Sigurdsson, Walcott, Tosun, Gomes going to be for us, if we move them on? I honestly believe it's why we haven't tried to move the lot on.

Vlasic needed a run, I'm not entirely sure I agree with Lookman... 4 managers who oversaw him, and chose not to play him.

But you're right, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, either. I'd love us to do so, but we don't seem to have anything of that quality at all, for what ever reason, for the first time in my lifetime watching Everton, there isn't a whisper of excitement for anyone from the academy.

The part we're agreeing on, I'd love the club to take a stance on only signing players 24 or under, it's just wise from a financial strategy, and I believe winning mentality. Go raid South America, whichever, just get ourselves into a sustainable model, and have players who are desperate to be here.

Oh no, I agree, but at least if it doesn't go to plan, we can use the sale as a bonus.

What good is Sigurdsson, Walcott, Tosun, Gomes going to be for us, if we move them on? I honestly believe it's why we haven't tried to move the lot on.

Vlasic needed a run, I'm not entirely sure I agree with Lookman... 4 managers who oversaw him, and chose not to play him.

But you're right, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, either. I'd love us to do so, but we don't seem to have anything of that quality at all, for what ever reason, for the first time in my lifetime watching Everton, there isn't a whisper of excitement for anyone from the academy.

The part we're agreeing on, I'd love the club to take a stance on only signing players 24 or under, it's just wise from a financial strategy, and I believe winning mentality. Go raid South America, whichever, just get ourselves into a sustainable model, and have players who are desperate to be here.
Definitely, would love us to sign an exciting player out of the blue. Something needs to change on the recruitment front because it hasn't been anywhere near good enough recently and it's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back