Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are one of the most energetic teams in the league, but equally I watched them against Crawley in the cup. They didn't put in the effort you need and they got thrashed 4 nil. You need both energy and attitude, one without the other and you will have problems, even if you have the right physical attributes in your squad. We sometimes have a good attitude but lack energy. When we lack the right attitude as well, then we are hugely exposed.
Next season will be much more difficult for them unless they strengthen substantially.

He's a good squad player, you need a few of those. We tend to play better when he starts. People get really upset with him and say he's terrible just because he's not a really top player.
It's a tough one. We do play better with him in the side for the simple reason that he's pretty much the only one of the midfield who will just sit and do his job instead of looking like a kid in the playground haring round after the ball, but ideally we get somebody who can do that and adds a bit more. Like quite a few of our squad players, he's not totally out of his depth, and if being a squad player involves coming on to do a job for 10-15 minutes every now and again and getting half a dozen starts he's absolutely fine, but when being a squad player involves getting 20 starts he doesn't really offer enough. I'd happily keep him to do the former, but can we get the squad to the point where that's all we need from him?

Godfrey and Calvert Lewin laughing on that recent club video about who would smoke ‘Davo’ more in a race is the exact problem with him. When he’s on the pitch he’s behind the pace of the game. Might get a bit of praise for sticking a leg in here or there but a good quick defensive midfielder has taken the ball and started a counter attack.

Godfrey and Calvert Lewin laughing on that recent club video about who would smoke ‘Davo’ more in a race is the exact problem with him. When he’s on the pitch he’s behind the pace of the game. Might get a bit of praise for sticking a leg in here or there but a good quick defensive midfielder has taken the ball and started a counter attack.

He's a good player who tries to do the right things. I rank him as comfortably our 3rd best midfielder. A long long way ahead of Gomes & Delph.

You're an odd fellow.

Why wouldn't two extremely fast people laugh about wining a foot race with a slower person? He can't magically make himself fast at running. Don't you and your friends make fun of eachother at things you're better at?

You're an odd fellow.

Why wouldn't two extremely fast people laugh about wining a foot race with a slower person? He can't magically make himself fast at running. Don't you and your friends make fun of eachother at things you're better at?
Mate the team isn't doing well. All smiles must be abolished. In training videos and interviews.

He doesn’t need to be memorable though. In fact his job is to be not memorable, he’s a water carrier, he sits in front of the back 4 and helps us transition out of defence better than anyone else we have in that department. We look a lot more defensively secure when he plays, and actually look as if we can play up to the half way line at least.

Also it’s pointless quoting goal stats for a defensive midfielder. We have midfielders that are supposed to be more advanced or “creative”, that haven’t scored a single goal in two seasons.

Like virtualy all of our midfield he cant carry a ball and look comfortable.
I even watched brighton players last night look more comfortable than our entire midfield. Even their "water carriers" looked ok doing exactly that.
Our midfield is so limited its criminal.

Our demise can be attributed to when Godfrey stopped being our left back*, so get him back there, Digne into midfield and Iwobs, Gomes and Delph into Elon Musks reusable rocket to be the first people to have a go. I'm sure they have it worked out by now how to land it without it exploding... :coffee:

* I might well be lying here, tbh I'm trying to forget what has happened this season.

You're an odd fellow.

Mmm not sure you can say that. To some this would be considered bullying due to ‘speedism’.
Interesting who they pick on or maybe it’s just banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back