Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are too stubborn in their opinion of Davies. Lots made up their mind long ago and will never accept he's actually quite good.
That’s because he actually isn’t imo. He’s massively average without even 1 attribute which you would say is an outstanding part of his game.

Would struggle to get a game for any of the teams above us.

A decade? That explains the trophy drought
Just cause carlo ain't sticking around having a bunch of angry floppies spewing boil at him after the career he's had.

He goes and its a damaging day for the club.

That’s because he actually isn’t imo. He’s massively average without even 1 attribute which you would say is an outstanding part of his game.

He is better than other midfielders in our squad. Gomes & Delph don't deserve to play. Gbamin is never fit, and Sigurdsson plays all over the place.

Italian press linking Carlo with Juventus now. Probably absolute rubbish like most Italian media stories. However, IMO, the club needs to back him to the hilt as he won’t be short of alternatives if he wants to leave.

He is better than other midfielders in our squad. Gomes & Delph don't deserve to play. Gbamin is never fit, and Sigurdsson plays all over the place.
I’ve said that a few posts back. You can’t compare him to Gylfi though he isn’t really a central midfielder.
And as I also pointed out a few posts back, this season has contributed more than any other midfielders/ attacker in terms of goals and assists.

Id certainly play Davies over Delph and Gomes, but that’s not really a ringing endorsement. He’s average IMO, that’s all I can say about him really.

I’ve said that a few posts back. You can’t compare him to Gylfi though he isn’t really a central midfielder.
And as I also pointed out a few posts back, this season has contributed more than any other midfielders/ attacker in terms of goals and assists.

Id certainly play Davies over Delph and Gomes, but that’s not really a ringing endorsement. He’s average IMO, that’s all I can say about him really.

And every time he doesnt start his value goes up 10m on here.
People forget he was in the starting line up at home
V leeds
V west ham
V fulham
V burnley
V crystal palace.
Ancelotti has given them all a go. And all have been pretty average.
But you know the score. Doesnt play. They're the reason we never won.

Just cause carlo ain't sticking around having a bunch of angry floppies spewing boil at him after the career he's had.

He goes and its a damaging day for the club.
I want him to stay. I don't see a better alternative right now to be honest but a decade is pure hyperbole. If he's going to run away because a few people boo some terrible players and performances then he was looking for an excuse and we'd be better off without him.

You're an odd fellow.

Why wouldn't two extremely fast people laugh about wining a foot race with a slower person? He can't magically make himself fast at running. Don't you and your friends make fun of eachother at things you're better at?

Running quickly is a fundamental part of being a good footballer now though, especially in the premier league. Davies is too slow. Hence my point around even his own teammates know how slow he is.

Davies has turned into a decent premier league midfielder by virtue of not playing. He’s not. He wouldn’t get in the starting midfield of any team in this division apart from ours.

Digne is underrated because people think he's not good and he is and has been the entire

Totally agree, we have not one player in our squad that is consistent top 6 material.

Running quickly is a fundamental part of being a good footballer now though, especially in the premier league. Davies is too slow. Hence my point around even his own teammates know how slow he is.

Davies has turned into a decent premier league midfielder by virtue of not playing. He’s not. He wouldn’t get in the starting midfield of any team in this division apart from ours.

Well it helps but it's not vital. Bruno Fernandes isn't fast. De Bruyne isn't fast. Kane isn't fast.

Finding umbrage at teammates laughing at being faster than someone else is just more bizarre agenda driven crap that's littered GOT lately.

I want him to stay. I don't see a better alternative right now to be honest but a decade is pure hyperbole. If he's going to run away because a few people boo some terrible players and performances then he was looking for an excuse and we'd be better off without him.
I'm changing it to 20 years now. For being so smart. Wanna keep going?

Test me.

Yet playing him in that 6 position helps get the best out of Allan and when it was Doucoure next to him, Doucoure looked a lot better.

Davies isn't the most talented player we have. He's fairly limited. But he's what our midfield needs right now of the options we have, to help get the best out of our other players.

That's all it is.

Well it helps but it's not vital. Bruno Fernandes isn't fast. De Bruyne isn't fast. Kane isn't fast.

Finding umbrage at teammates laughing at being faster than someone else is just more bizarre agenda driven crap that's littered GOT lately.

De Bruyne isn’t fast? All three of those players are quick enough, and that’s the difference.

Davies isn’t quick enough. He can just about get by if he’s patrolling just in front of the centrebacks and doesn’t get pulled out much. Same with Keane behind him, same with Siggurdson in front of him. They’re all ok in their one little area because if they have to go any further they are outsprinted by almost any opposition player.

They all have their individual fans who excuse them for it but when you put them all together in one team then it results in us being utterly dominated by most teams because we can’t get the ball back often.

Davies has shown, over years now, that he is not good enough for top 4 football. That’s the target we’re going for so why do we keep pretending he’s going to help us get there? He’s not. In fact his errors against United and Burnley alone just off the top of my head even before looking any deeper probably cost us a few points that could have meant Europe.

Not good enough in any capacity. Teams like Liverpool, Leicester, even West Ham, teams were competing agaisnt don’t even have players like Davies as 4th or 5th choice midfielders. They have the likes of Keita Oxlade Chamberlain Praet Mendy. Players who are miles better than Davies. That’s the level we need to get the squad at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back