Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have broke Carlo.

Hopefully the signings in the summer can change this. We need pace in the team.
I hope Carlo is made of strong material. I do like the way he has recently spoken to all the players and explained those who will not have the commitment to him and his project should go. I hope to see action in the summer with a cull.

I would be interested to see a vote on here what players we think are those who are lacking commitment. I'm sure it would vary as it would be guesses but interesting who would come out on top from a fans view

We didn't break Ancelotti, we've just given him a squad that isn't great at football. At all the other clubs he's had success with he had some of the best players in the world at his disposal. It's no surprise he's struggling to achieve here when his game changer from the bench is Sigurdsson.
Lol at Gylfi always getting it as the first name that rolls off the tongue, when he’s the only midfielder / attacker who has actually contributed anything in terms of goals and assists this season from the Everton “turd collection” of footballers.

Not saying he is good by the way, but there’s half a dozen more I’d have used as an example before him.

Try Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard, King, Delph and Davies before you start on Gylfi.

Everton have broke Carlo.

Hopefully the signings in the summer can change this. We need pace in the team.
Not having the 'Everton have broken Carlo' stuff.

He's an experienced manager and one who'll have been through dips before and managed to come out stronger.

This season is unique in that it's truncated and there's a lot of unusual factors. That provided a challenge in some eyes, but an opportunity in others. I always felt Top 8 was a minimum and that with a tail wind a push for Top 6 was possible. 6th probably became difficult post Sheff United. But that's the 36th game of the season. Others will have seen the struggle of others as an opportunity for Top 4. I never did.

A win against Wolves means 7 points to 4th. That's obviously not bridgeable this season but it not a gap that is unforeseeable to bridge with some good summer recruitment, improvement in the current players and the continued evolution that Carlo will oversee.

Talking about aims for next season sounds premature but it should be Top 6 and European qualification. That feels achievable given where these season will likely end. Things to improve but also a decent foundation to build on. Not worth losing sight of that fact due to some discouraging results.

Lol at Gylfi always getting it as the first name that rolls off the tongue, when he’s the only midfielder / attacker who has actually contributed anything in terms of goals and assists this season from the Everton “turd collection” of footballers.

Not saying he is good by the way, but there’s half a dozen more I’d have used as an example before him.

Try Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard, King, Delph and Davies before you start on Gylfi.

Davies has had a solid season but of course don’t let facts get in the way of a good personal agenda.

And it's not a case that he may or may not be the answer. The issue is letting players not putting a shift in game after game getting picked.

I'd rather bloody Kyle John be given a game tonight at rb. Can get up and down and will throw In a tackle. Stick Nkounkou in front of Digne of we don't want to drop Digne instead of shoeing in the likes of Gylfi or Gomes who seem to be told to play left wing at times.

Honestly, I'm just sick of the lot of them and cant wait for the season just to end. Get tonight out of the way and take our annual beating at City Sunday and stick a fork in another crap season.
I said this last week and had people laugh. What does Carlo expect from the lot that let him down week after week after week? He keeps on choosing the same players and being surprised when they don't show up. We don't have depth but who cares anymore, play the fn kids to send a message. You're telling me Nkounkou would be a worse option late in The game than fn Iwobi? We KNOW Iwobi is a negative before he steps on the pitch.

"Oh he was a disaster in that one match he played".

No he wasn't he was ok in a match that Delph literally refused to pass to him when he was wide open making great runs and nobody helped him out when he was getting attacked 2 on 1.

Last edited:
Davies has had a solid season but of course don’t let facts get in the way of a good personal agenda.
Oh mate, he’s had a handful of decent games, let’s not be going overboard. He didn’t even get in the side until Allan was injured.
I have no personal agenda with Davies, he improved a bit, which he really needed to do because end of last season he looked like a league 1 standard player.
Id love him to push on, just don’t think he’s capable.

Oh mate, he’s had a handful of decent games, let’s not be going overboard. He didn’t even get in the side until Allan was injured.
I have no personal agenda with Davies, he improved a bit, which he really needed to do because end of last season he looked like a league 1 standard player.
Id love him to push on, just don’t think he’s capable.

I’d say he’s only really had a handful of bad games. Think he’s been better than Gomes and Allan in general.

Those players on the Missing List

One season... maybe worth another try..
Two seasons.. have you actually contributed anything positive? If not, good riddance.
Three seasons - really, you've been here far too long doing nothing.. don't come back, we already know you're just picking up your wages and staying fit for the next sinecure.

I’d say he’s only really had a handful of bad games. Think he’s been better than Gomes and Allan in general.
Sheff United away, Arsenal and Chelsea games over December, Liverpool away, palace home, apart from that I can’t remember anything particularly memorable.

28 appearances in total 0 goals. So if we go back to the original point I was making which was about players contributing something, then he’s not exactly pulling up any trees is he in that department.

like I said, no agenda against Davies, worth keeping another season to see if he progresses, but I’m not over hopeful.

Sheff United away, Arsenal and Chelsea games over December, Liverpool away, palace home, apart from that I can’t remember anything particularly memorable.

28 appearances in total 0 goals. So if we go back to the original point I was making which was about players contributing something, then he’s not exactly pulling up any trees is he in that department.

like I said, no agenda against Davies, worth keeping another season to see if he progresses, but I’m not over hopeful.

He doesn’t need to be memorable though. In fact his job is to be not memorable, he’s a water carrier, he sits in front of the back 4 and helps us transition out of defence better than anyone else we have in that department. We look a lot more defensively secure when he plays, and actually look as if we can play up to the half way line at least.

Also it’s pointless quoting goal stats for a defensive midfielder. We have midfielders that are supposed to be more advanced or “creative”, that haven’t scored a single goal in two seasons.

People are too stubborn in their opinion of Davies. Lots made up their mind long ago and will never accept he's actually quite good.

In an ideal world he’s a serviceable squad player that can fill in and do a job, who was free and on moderate wages and won’t want to leave. However it is not an ideal world, so he should be starting every game for us at this moment in time as we don’t have anyone better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back