Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we won't end up rueing the dropped points, against the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham etc. But im glad we've beaten Wolves in particular. Because we had a Wolves fan oh here before, giving it the big one about Wolves being better than us. Well we're 14 points ahead of them right now, so that's him put firmly back in his box.:) But good win tonight, and our european hopes are not dead yet.

I just hope we won't end up rueing the dropped points, against the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham etc. But im glad we've beaten Wolves in particular. Because we had a Wolves fan oh here before, giving it the big one about Wolves being better than us. Well we are 14 points ahead of them right now, so that's him put firmly back in his box.:) But good win tonight, and our european hopes are not dead yet.
Oh @Wolf man

Yeah, he wasn't keen on saying Hi after the reverse fixture either.

I just hope we won't end up rueing the dropped points, against the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham etc. But im glad we've beaten Wolves in particular. Because we had a Wolves fan oh here before, giving it the big one about Wolves being better than us. Well we're 14 points ahead of them right now, so that's him put firmly back in his box.:) But good win tonight, and our european hopes are not dead yet.
Wolves fans absolutely lost the plot after one good season. Telling me they were on their way to the champions league and were back in the big time!

Wolves fans absolutely lost the plot after one good season. Telling me they were on their way to the champions league and were back in the big time!
Been a tough year for them. Imagine we sold Digne and Richarlison off and replaced them with guys who needed to bed in and then DCL got hurt for the rest of the year. But I agree, and Leeds are definitely next.

There's no excuse for the recruitment or those in charge of it now. Loads of big wasters out of the door. Only Tosun left.

I'm talking there about players brought in under Walsh or the ones who haven't even been in the squad.

Then we have to focus on the tripe brought in during out current DoF's tenure, and we know exactly what we need to be targetting in terms of player profile. Powerful, athletic players are a must and will give us a lot more than what we have.

But, on top of that when those players do come in, we need to see a proper way of playing that can give us some hope for the future. Not footy based on moments or set-pieces.
I'm not particularly optimistic, but you never know.

I don't think that Europa League/Conference is much of a draw for players anyway, at least not in comparison to the wages on offer or the lure of a name like Ancelotti. For me, the biggest issue is Brands's record of buying players that the manager doesn't have much use for (the latest being King), especially when the squad is so thin in key areas.

You're not wrong about there being a lack of physicality in the team, but I'm more worried about the level of technical ability. Only Rodriguez has any sort of range to his passing, and I can't see him playing more games the older he gets. I'm also fully expecting to see most of the decidedly mid-table players getting regular minutes again next season (Sigurdsson, Davies, Keane, Coleman, Pickford), so whoever does come in will need to be exceptional.

In terms of the football itself, a settled back-four would be a start. If that means sticking with Keane or Mina and sitting deep, I think there'll need to be a big effort made to find a midfielder who can take the ball off the defence and make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back