Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit second half. Think the result is blinding people a little to how bad we were. They dominated us all first half, up to the goal, the immediately after the goal for a while.
But it was deliberate because we don't have the players to play on the front foot... Do we? Best chance is sit in and break it's been shown away and that's what we played tonight

A little bit second half. Think the result is blinding people a little to how bad we were. They dominated us all first half, up to the goal, the immediately after the goal for a while.
Think 1st half for 30 mins they dominated. We started to come back slowly into it in the last 15 mins. Second half we where much brighter and got the early goal but once we got the goal we changed into the away style that has been so beneficial to us this season and conceded possession yet pickford had little to do. Not pretty and not what we want to see but still affective. I am just glad Wolves didn;t score first

Think 1st half for 30 mins they dominated. We started to come back slowly into it in the last 15 mins. Second half we where much brighter and got the early goal but once we got the goal we changed into the away style that has been so beneficial to us this season and conceded possession yet pickford had little to do. Not pretty and not what we want to see but still affective. I am just glad Wolves didn;t score first

Yeh like I say great result and what we could muster with the squad but sad to see us play so meekly at home against a poor Wolves side.

Europe is a step for the club though, and that's why it's so important. We'd still be able to sign exactly the same players with or without it. But a European run allows you to build a squad and show you're progressing as a club. We should have had that boxed off this season because in many other ways we've either stagnated or gone backwards tbh - our playing style now is worse than it was at the back end of Silva's first season, let's have it right. So it would be tangible progress I suppose. As it is, there's a very good chance we might finish 10th, two places higher than last season, with very little to show for anything. Hopefully that's not the case, obviously.

Sitting deep is fine if like you say we have the power ahead of it. It's why we need options. And Brands cannot leave us short as he has done in the last few windows. It's clear what's needed, so go and get it.
Positions mean less that points in terms of progress. We have been in the hunt for Europe all season. What did we get last season? Also as much as I agree the style is poor to watch it's deliberate since Christmas because we don't have the personnel so he is cutting his cloth. As much as we criticise him and want him to improve the style of play and results at home(although no fans may be part of that mix) we also have to admit his tactical ability got us some great away wins....

It’s simple really. Beat City and we’re 90% sure of finishing 7th anything else and we’re 90% finishing 10th.

Basically no chance Spurs beat Leicester in my opinion that’s the first 10% and the second 10% is the unlikely event that Arsenal lose and Leeds don’t win.
If we draw, we're 9th at worst and 7th at best. We can't finish 10th with another point.

If we draw, we're 9th at worst and 7th at best. We can't finish 10th with another point.
Abacus out.

We got forty nine points last season we have fifty nine points with one game left this season. If we get plus sixty that is progress. Maybe small but all the same...

Positions mean less that points in terms of progress. We have been in the hunt for Europe all season. What did we get last season? Also as much as I agree the style is poor to watch it's deliberate since Christmas because we don't have the personnel so he is cutting his cloth. As much as we criticise him and want him to improve the style of play and results at home(although no fans may be part of that mix) we also have to admit his tactical ability got us some great away wins....

Well that's true to an extent. Today was deliberate and we won. Had we played like we did in the second half today v Sheff Utd, we'd have won. But we didn't, we tried to attack, just like we did v Burnley, Villa etc, and got beat and deservedly so.

So, the style isn't really deliberate because he's clearly wanting to do something else but hasn't been able to implement it. And in my mind, that's not just because of the players, but also it's down to him and the coaching staff. There's still a severe lack of idea to how we attack. That needs big work on over the summer.

Well that's true to an extent. Today was deliberate and we won. Had we played like we did in the second half today v Sheff Utd, we'd have won. But we didn't, we tried to attack, just like we did v Burnley, Villa etc, and got beat and deservedly so.

So, the style isn't really deliberate because he's clearly wanting to do something else but hasn't been able to implement it. And in my mind, that's not just because of the players, but also it's down to him and the coaching staff. There's still a severe lack of idea to how we attack. That needs big work on over the summer.
Don't disagree we definitely need to improve and training and patterns of play come into that. But remember it's been a weird season no preseason, no fans, contracted schedule. Not making excuses just saying.

It isn't just on the players yes it's also on the coaching sometimes we are too cautious its an Italian way but Carlo is known to be adaptable I'm sure he would rather play on the front foot as we did at the start of the season. But it's a mix isn't it you need the right attributes in the team and squad and we don't to play that way, when we push up we get played around. We have a huge hole down our right and a lack of dynamism and pace in midfield and out wide. It's glaring. So whilst I will criticise him for the home form along with the players who didn't turn up in various games I will also give him credit for a tactical set up that got us many victories away from home including at Liverpool and Arsenal two losing records we have had round our necks for year's. I think there has been progress this season even if it might be small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back