Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 games at home with fans, 3 wins

While coincidental it’s no excuse for the performances at home all season. Fans or not we shouldn’t be getting over run or out fought at home by the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley & Sheffield United. That’s what those defeats mainly boiled down to, lack of fight, courage and effort, that’s a minimum requirement from any player at this club.

The lap of honour made me sick yesterday. I’d have felt embarrassed as a player having to walk around.

I think in a way, the way we're playing is Ancelotti telling the board 'you need to give me much better players to work with if we're to achieve anything here'.
that's what I was thinking last season after Eastbourne, and then he went and bought what I thought would be a massive upgrade, and here we are

He needs to sack off this 2 up top nonsense unless we are bringing in an actual CF who can play it like Ings as Richarlison/DCL are awful as a partnership.

Get back to 433 where we can actually try control the midfield and have some threat outwide instead of Digne isolated all game.

We need to improve yes .
But points wise we improved about 10 from last season. If we were to do that again and improve by 10 more we are right in the mix.
It will take good recruitment but it is by no means not possible.
This is true, but its why just looking at points totals for different seasons doesn't really tell you anything. The points you need to finish in any given position go up and down season by season, the points tally is really only relevant in the context of the season you're in.

While coincidental it’s no excuse for the performances at home all season. Fans or not we shouldn’t be getting over run or out fought at home by the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley & Sheffield United. That’s what those defeats mainly boiled down to, lack of fight, courage and effort, that’s a minimum requirement from any player at this club.

The lap of honour made me sick yesterday. I’d have felt embarrassed as a player having to walk around.
Yes good point actually mate, 100% should be minimum

This is true, but its why just looking at points totals for different seasons doesn't really tell you anything. The points you need to finish in any given position go up and down season by season, the points tally is really only relevant in the context of the season you're in.
Ya. But if we get close to 70 points it is progress and it puts you in the mix regardless.

Ya. But if we get close to 70 points it is progress and it puts you in the mix regardless.
Oh yeah definitely, I just mean that improving by 10 points this season isn't really in any way indicative that we can do the same next year. What you're saying is true, but based on what we've seen this season i'd say we were more likely to be 10 points worse off next season than 10 points better off, if we didn't make significant changes. Hopefully we do make those changes and get to where we want to be.

Oh yeah definitely, I just mean that improving by 10 points this season isn't really in any way indicative that we can do the same next year. What you're saying is true, but based on what we've seen this season i'd say we were more likely to be 10 points worse off next season than 10 points better off, if we didn't make significant changes. Hopefully we do make those changes and get to where we want to be.
That is why I said if we get recruitment right.
But if we can improve by 10 this season that should be the aim next season as well.

He needs to sack off this 2 up top nonsense unless we are bringing in an actual CF who can play it like Ings as Richarlison/DCL are awful as a partnership.

Get back to 433 where we can actually try control the midfield and have some threat outwide instead of Digne isolated all game.

Your obsession with Ings is borderline @RickyRyder levels of weirdness.

To be fair, Burnley do have Chris woods. According to some, he's the answer to all our problems.

What makes you think that?
Nailed on for Spurs to replace Kane. He will fetch a decent fee.

12 months left on his contract - Saints wont turn down £30 million and lose him for nothing the summer after especially now Walcott has signed on a free deal.

He'll be nailed on to Spurs or Leicester but apparently he's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back