Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 months left on his contract - Saints wont turn down £30 million and lose him for nothing the summer after especially now Walcott has signed on a free deal.

He'll be nailed on to Spurs or Leicester but apparently he's crap.
Ings is a very good striker with good numbers mate, I'm with you.

People around here scoff at any suggestion of English players though and maybe cause he played for the rs people don't want to admit he's a good option. 1 year left on the contract, would cost peanuts. But we don't deal in shrewd business, we'd rather pay our manager too much money whilst gambling on his terrible signings like James Rodriguez who plays 3 games a season, Doucoure the Donkey and Allan who wouldn't get a game at any other side with European aspirations.

It's a mess from top to bottom. Man Utd going for Ings too apparently according to good sources, they'll have Greenwood and Cavani for league and Champions League matches and Ings for the domestic cups and injury cover.

Meanwhile, we'll sign some fancy-sounding named player with a terrible injury record.

Ings is a very good striker with good numbers mate, I'm with you.

People around here scoff at any suggestion of English players though and maybe cause he played for the rs people don't want to admit he's a good option. 1 year left on the contract, would cost peanuts. But we don't deal in shrewd business, we'd rather pay our manager too much money whilst gambling on his terrible signings like James Rodriguez who plays 3 games a season, Doucoure the Donkey and Allan who wouldn't get a game at any other side with European aspirations.

It's a mess from top to bottom. Man Utd going for Ings too apparently according to good sources, they'll have Greenwood and Cavani for league and Champions League matches and Ings for the domestic cups and injury cover.

Meanwhile, we'll sign some fancy-sounding named player with a terrible injury record.

Ings has a terrible injury record???

Ings has a terrible injury record???
He'd make a good backup was my point, as a squad player. Our substitute/squad options are terrible. And Ings wouldn't cost much at all due to 12 months left on contract.

James R was bought as a first 11 player and he's always injured and Carlo knew about his record before getting him yet we still pay him to sit in the treatment room.

You'd have been very much in the minority then. According to a poll posted on here the other day, about 76% of fans thought we'd finish in the top 8 before the season started. With one game to go probably a similar number, maybe more, would now say we'll finish outside the top 8. The season certainly hasn't been a disaster by any means, but I wouldn't say we've 'clearly improved'.
I think its a realistic goal for us to finish in the top 6 and we should be in the top 8 every year. I would be surprised if any fans thought this year would be as weird as it is in terms of results for everyone. West Ham certainly surprised everyone this year and rapid declines for the RS, Arsenal and Spurs mid season have been different although now reverting. Even Wolves did not perform as one might have expected. It has been a strange year for results and league placings. Admittedly the title race was over early and relegation decided early but the last day we could finish 7th or 10th - seems very volatile. In some ways to review this season based on sunday's results seems fittingly odd.

He'd make a good backup was my point, as a squad player. Our substitute/squad options are terrible. And Ings wouldn't cost much at all due to 12 months left on contract.

James R was bought as a first 11 player and he's always injured and Carlo knew about his record before getting him yet we still pay him to sit in the treatment room.

Ings would cost a lot and there’s no point having a backup who’s injured all the time is there?

The Carlo soundbites are tedious. "3 home wins because of fans". Not having that, we were terrible yesterday against one the most negative, turgid Wolves teams I've seen since their newfound riches.

It's to appease the fans, to get on side with them - I don't blame Carlo for this at all, I would do the same. But it's not fooling anyone apart from his cult.

Klopp is doing the same type of garbage - "Champions League qualification is one of my biggest success ever" or something. It's to appease the Kopites and they lap it up.

Carlo - why do we still play Big Sam football, at home, with fans in the building? And he's earning a fortune and serving up that every weekend.

We give him the summer of course because who else do we get? I want Potter but he's Spurs bound. Some people go on about the Saints manager but he's overrated to the hills and back, haven't they lost 9-0 twice under him?

Yeah, Potter. Please go and get him Moshiri it would make my summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back