Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A managers job, whether they are an amateur or a World Class one like CA with lots of experience, must set standards for their team.

The biggest issue I’ve seen with this Everton team is not just the lack of quality or composure in key moments (that you could forgive). No, it is the lack of energy, intensity and desire from the players.

As we saw from the rookie Sheffield United coach last week, this can be drilled into even the most inexperienced, average players.

Roberto De Zerbi, but thinks he is on his way to Shaktar. In any case, it is worth following his development.
I have trust in Carlo if we get the recruitment right but if it doesn’t go to plan. Then we have tried experience, up and coming and successful managers. I would be lost where we go next. The only manager I keep an eye on right now is graham potter but can easily compare to Roberto Martinez.

It'd balance out though wouldn't it.

As in, there's no way we win 11 away games, playing the way we played in most of them (not very well tbh) if fans were there.

My worry with the home performances is, it's not just like it was what we went and did to teams. You know, sat deep, frustrated them, created one or two chances and usually took them.

No, in the home games, we got completely torn to shreds by Burnley, Villa, Sheff Utd and Fulham and, to an extent, Newcastle (though they were more sit deep and frustrate etc).

Now, even if fans were in the ground, had we played the way we did against Burnley, Villa, SU and Fulham, we'd still have got battered, cause we were all over the shop.
Agree. But I think the whole weird season situation has had a greater impact on teams and individual players than you might think. We will see what happens next year. My worry is that if the away form reverts back to recent years i.e. 3 or 4 wins a year and the home form does not improve then we are clearly stuffed

There are about 12 players we can let go and replace with about 5 players. Most of them contribute zero to the club at the minute so we don't need direct replacements. Get the squad down in numbers and allow it to be filled out with young players. That's the only sustainable model going forward.

We need the players urgently and if Brands doesn't deliver he must be sacked.
Agree with all you say, but how Do you get shut of the crap that we have? Nobody else would take them
They aren't going anywhere as they wouldn't get anywhere near the wages we stupidly pay them.

A managers job, whether they are an amateur or a World Class one like CA with lots of experience, must set standards for their team.

The biggest issue I’ve seen with this Everton team is not just the lack of quality or composure in key moments (that you could forgive). No, it is the lack of energy, intensity and desire from the players.

As we saw from the rookie Sheffield United coach last week, this can be drilled into even the most inexperienced, average players.

What if you’ve accumulated a team of overhyped bums who have no desire to be successful in their careers, have no willingness to go the extra mile and put in a proper days shift and see us as just a big pay day?

I'd like a definite style of play and players who look motivated.

I look at Carlo and I see a manager who's a pragmatist with no interest in developing a style of play, and I see the players ignoring week in week out any dressing down he hands them.

This is not a good situation to be in.

I hope he falls on his sword and reaches an understanding with Moshiri. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here for next season, tbh.
End of Everton if he leaves, be relegated with these players

Ten points and two league places better than last season. Still underwhelming though considering he had three good additions to his squad.
To be fair the three good additions where unavailable for large chunks of the season but I do take your point and a underwhelming season indeed

I have trust in Carlo if we get the recruitment right but if it doesn’t go to plan. Then we have tried experience, up and coming and successful managers. I would be lost where we go next. The only manager I keep an eye on right now is graham potter but can easily compare to Roberto Martinez.
If there is no progression in the course of next season, then it's time to get rid of Ancelotti. Gallardo is another candidate, Erik Teen Haag, Ivan Juric, Oliver Glasner, Christian Streich, Daniel Farke, Urs Fischer, Niko Kovac, Chritophe Galtier, Julen Lopetegui, Gasperini, the point is that there are dozens of good managers out there. Of course, everyone has to be carefully analyzed and see how they fit Everton.

Been a difficult season and really a poor finish after a promising start. But we've struggled to bring on younger players and the 'stars' we bought in the summer have faded as badly as the team has.

I hope we give Carlo more time, but we simply have to recruit well in the summer with younger, hungrier players or we will be looking at needing a replacement by Christmas.

Possibly controversial, but we need a young manager, hungry, who knows how to win and get the best out of his players. Would anyone else consider Steven Gerrard now that Klopp looks set to stay at the RS?

Young, won in Scotland and has given Rangers an identity that Carlo has failed to do with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back