Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
His man management style of letting the players do whatever they want probably isn’t the best go to for our group of players.
He’s said it himself, he gets hired because he is calm and then he gets fired because he is too calm. He was being flippant but being nicey nicey with this bunch isn’t going to cut it.

If the league has been the weakest it's been in ages, why is 59 points only good enough for 10th?
you’ve answered your own question there. The fact that a tenth place team can amass so many points shows the teams are closer together and the top sides (apart from City) are weaker. Spurs and Arsenal have been dreadful, Liverpool left it late and Chelsea were poor until they switched managers. I can’t see us having an opportunity to break in to the top four again for a very long time.

I don't believe Ancelotti would've come here without assurances of being able to bring in top quality players. With FFP looking to be less of an issue, I think we'll spend big and come back better next season.

At the end of the day we were fighting up until the end of the season for UCL but fell short because of the lack of squad depth. I don't think anyone other than City took more points off the scum/top 6 sides which I don't think can be understated when looking at our progress.

The issue was crap teams realised that they could press us high, and because of injuries in midfield, we were incapable of playing through it, add this to the lack of pace to get in behind, we were totally outclassed by sides like Burnley, Fulham and Newcastle.

The point is though that they were starting from a much higher base either way. Rodgers had left him with a patchy squad after Suarez left but it was still smattered with quality that probably could've done better in those first 18 months. He got top 4, yes, but he didn't win a pot in his first 2 years. It eventually came together for him after that.

Mate I'll be the first to hold my hands up if we're still shabbite come the new year... but where would we possibly turn to after that in such a scenario?

Now is simply the best opportunity to finally give a manager a decent chunk of time to stamp his mark on a club. If not Carlo Ancelotti... then who??
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Teixiera, Randall

That was his starting point - Better or worse than our current squad?

why is it doomed to failure? They’res no logical reason for you to say this.

pretty sure Carlo knew we woudnt be champions over night etc.

time/players are needed and patience

if he didn’t think he could do it he woudnt be here Dave

let’s crack on aye
Mosh ambassador told him he will never ever be sacked and its his job to give up.

He likes that for a change and he wants this the be his finest achievement. Making everton a regularbin Europe and a trophy.

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Teixiera, Randall

That was his starting point - Better or worse than our current squad?
Hmmmm, only half the story that though isn't it. They also had Henderson, Ings, Firmino and Sturridge in the squad when he took over. Any reason for leaving them out?

Quick "Masters of the Universe" related off-topic comment from me....

I've never understood why we refer to Anfield as that. "Castle Grayskull" is the home of He-Man, and is known as the hall of wisdom and the centre of Eternian culture and a storehouse of all knowledge of the universe. We really should call it "Snake Mountain", which is located in the Dark Hemisphere and is home to the villainous skull-faced Skeletor.
I think people assume that Greyskull is where Skeletor resides lol

We really do have to give him the grace of time due to the squad of gash he inherited.
The 4 players he has brought in are better than anything we had, but 3 of them all had long term spells out with injury.

4 more players in to improve the starting XI and then we need to see improvement.
It was a great chance to get into the European places but the quality and desire just wasn’t there from this collective of garbage.
We brought him in to transform that collective garbage. He hasn't managed it. And one of the players he brought in is taking the utter piss and destroying team morale.

I have seen some signs...

Godfrey's addition was a smart one. The lad's raw but has that power and physicality you need in this league and that takes you a long way.

Doucoure, Allan and James all good signings in their own right but they are not the whole solution and have limitations. I also think CA has not used either Allan or Doucoure in anything close to roles that have got the best out of them, other than on odd occasions.

I do think there is the basis of a team that could be decent on the counter, but we need to add several players with real pace and tenacity for that to work and even then, my worry is we are one dimensional as we do not have any other way of playing - or not one that seems to have been worked on this season.

We have regressed as the season has gone on. It's been a long slog, and plenty of issues, though we've somehow avoided any covid positives which is mad.

We should have still seen more from him and them. What has been served up has not been good enough. Nobody is asking for peak City 2017-18. We just want to be able to see that there's a plan for each game and not just a load of lads put on the field.

Brands is a lucky man. He's done an awful job with the squad in terms of balance, and left us short in every window. He's here because it's probably better to stick with the devil you know but excuses have run out now. There's big wasters off the books as of next month and he should be getting money in for players - it is quite literally his job.

With regard to the counter attack point - it’s hard to see this improving without a complete change in personnel.

If Richarlison and DCL are running through 2 v 1 against a defence, we aren’t going to score:
Firstly because Richi won’t play the right pass, and secondly because DCL wouldn’t finish even if he did.

People like these 2 but their shortcomings dictate what we are - a set piece team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back