Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our final league position, paints an inaccurate impression of how our season went. For nearly the entire season, we were always in with an outside chance for the top four. So as i say a 10th place finish, gives a very misleading impression. The players the Don Carlo signed have improved the team immensely. Our lack of squad depth is an issue, that we hopefully will go a long way towards resolving this summer. But all in all the season was not as bad, as a 10th place finish would suggest. We should have at least finished in our usual 7th/8th place. I think our future, with the Don Carlo as manager is still very promising.

Last edited:
Conte is very Mourinho.

Comes in, spends money, has a row with the club owners...leaves.

Ancelotti has stated that hes here for a long term project which he thought he had at PSG.

12th and 10th finishes so far as he builds the squad having only spent £65mil.

£65mil which top 4 sides spend on one player.

Pep
Carlo
ZZ
Allegri
That’s without thinking too long

Simeone and the nutter across the park for two more.

Conte's inability to stay in a job puts him behind that lot. Carlo's well traveled of late, but no one lasts at Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and PSG. Like Mourinho in his pomp, Conte wears out his welcome fast because of who he is, which renders him one of the quick turnaround artists in the second tier with Tuchel.

If you've got the talent and an opening and Conte has availability, you make him say no unless one of the top tier guys is available. But you have to prepare from day one for what your plan is when the relationship inevitably falls apart.

He wants us to have a system.

He considers the fact that CA has spent all season trying different things as a negative, I suspect he would rather we had a manager who did the same thing every week, which is kinda weird. Using CAs flexibility as a stick to beat him with.

I understand that he wants us to have a system. I don't understand what system would produce better results with our collection of several managers' spare parts, which means that I don't understand the claim that the manager is underperforming.

The whole chain of logic is circular, and when I tried to point this out and he went back to the beginning of the circle I just threw my hands up.

The whole thing is very Kopite troll, which I know he's not unless he's somehow been the best deep cover agent I've ever seen. The Kopite trolls seem to suck at that; the skills to be a deep cover agent go against everything it means to be a Kopite. I'm convinced his heart is in the right place.

I get being disappointed with not making the CL, or even Europe, in a year with the best opportunity we're likely to get in a decade. I don't get blaming the guy that's trying to sew a silk purse out of the sow's ear he was handed, and nearly succeeding.

He wants us to have a system.

He considers the fact that CA has spent all season trying different things as a negative, I suspect he would rather we had a manager who did the same thing every week, which is kinda weird. Using CAs flexibility as a stick to beat him with.
It would be different if the flexibility produced regular performances and subsequently results. We were flexible and it produced turgid stuff and a 10th place finish that was fully deserved. So it's a stick to beat him with because he produced the stick.

It's a fair question that you're dodging by invoking Bielsa.

It's easy to use the benefit of hindsight to claim we should have bought X players. Any claim that we should have used Y tactics can never be tested. It's easy to say that the manager should have found Z that works right away with no learning curve, or that if he switches to something that doesn't work as well as Z that he never should have switched.

I haven't even seen you go that far. I don't know what you want from Carlo in concrete terms of "buy players with this profile, play with this system or set of systems." I don't know how you think he could have managed the spell with no attackers, then the one with no midfielders, better than he did.

Relentless negativity is fine if you can clearly articulate what you would do differently. You're not doing that, which is why you're getting pushback rather than a discussion.
I'm not dodging anything. I've said for awhile the things I'd do differently. It isn't even hindsight. I said the transfer policy wasn't good when it happened. I said the performances weren't good enough after we beat Sheffield United on Boxing Day for our 4th straight win or whatever it was. And I'm saying now it isn't going to take a impossible run of form for Carlo to find himself in hot water next season if he doesn't develop the team rapidly.

Simeone and the nutter across the park for two more.

Conte's inability to stay in a job puts him behind that lot. Carlo's well traveled of late, but no one lasts at Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and PSG. Like Mourinho in his pomp, Conte wears out his welcome fast because of who he is, which renders him one of the quick turnaround artists in the second tier with Tuchel.

If you've got the talent and an opening and Conte has availability, you make him say no unless one of the top tier guys is available. But you have to prepare from day one for what your plan is when the relationship inevitably falls apart.
A lot of the talent currently in the Inter side was not there when Conte turned up. The leaving after three years or less isn't a good habit, but I think the right scenario would see him stay longer.

It also helps that he turns teams around rapidly. He's taken over teams finishing 7th, 10th and 6th the year before he arrived and his next seasons are 1st, 1st, 2nd. And the second place turned to a title the following year.

If he can't get anything out of us then it reflects more on us than him to be honest

I can't help but think this is pretty much our last chance to kick on

If a manager of his standing can't do it then I don't know who can

Massive summer incoming

I just wish I had faith in Brands
No mate. He's a super club fraaaauuuud

Crikey, he's taken over this thread with his Conte bollocks. Give it a rest you utter douchebag, I can insult in American how do you like those apples lol

Carlo will get his own players and we will see improvement, if we don't we are buggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back