2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s face it. He was far, far too good to be managing the likes of us. A better offer was always going to come along before too much time had passed, he is Carlo Ancelotti after all. Let’s focus now on appointing someone more befitting of our status of a plodding mid table club. Carlo obviously heard of our plans to ‘compete at the top’ and was not impressed.
Whiffy

Surprised to see him gone but watching him on the touchline recently, he appeared to be bewildered bordering on clueless. Not convinced he was the genius that we perceived !! Time for a reset in what we buy, no more 'Carlos Kickabouts' or crocks looking for a pension top up. Young, talented and eager please.
UTFB !!!!

I hope whoever comes in brings in their own no2. Dunc's an Everton legend, but im not sure his presence as an assistant coach brings much to the table. in fact, I actually think he is an impediment now. We need to stop being a charity to ex-players. Yes, have them as club ambassadors, but keep them away from finch farm and bring in people who know what they're doing. Sometimes you need to be ruthless to break the shackles of mediocrity.
Totally agree.

I’m going to end my Carlo thoughts with one simple judgment.. he didn’t get the best out of the players. Everyone will argue DCL as the fact that he did. Give me one more name that hand on heart played to their best.. For that alone he was not a success.
We move forward now swiftly with hopefully a manager that can do just that.

Let’s face it. He was far, far too good to be managing the likes of us. A better offer was always going to come along before too much time had passed, he is Carlo Ancelotti after all. Let’s focus now on appointing someone more befitting of our status of a plodding mid table club. Carlo obviously heard of our plans to ‘compete at the top’ and was not impressed.
Sacked by Madrid after two seasons, sacked by Bayern after a season and a bit. Sacked by Napoli after a season and a half. He takes club backwards.

We come tenth and played absolutely atrocious football. He never adapted to the squad, just put eleven behind the ball and hoped for the best. Plus he’s a horrible rat.

I hope whoever comes in brings in their own no2. Dunc's an Everton legend, but im not sure his presence as an assistant coach brings much to the table. in fact, I actually think he is an impediment now. We need to stop being a charity to ex-players. Yes, have them as club ambassadors, but keep them away from finch farm and bring in people who know what they're doing. Sometimes you need to be ruthless to break the shackles of mediocrity.
Dunc can only work as number 2 if he has a connection to the manager, for example Moyes. Anyone else I tend to agree, keep him as a coach by all means but not as a number 2. A number 2 is very important when Alan Irvine left Moyes we suffered, Moyes had a successful season with West Ham who’s on his coaching staff Alan Irvine.

First few games, yes. I think we were mostly garbage from the moment Southampton wiped the floor with us, although we were scraping results, our luck ran out.

No coincidence that during that game we had no Richarlison, Allan or Coleman so had to play Godfrey at right back and Gomes and Sigurdsson in the middle and Iwobi? then after that game think we lost James for a few weeks. Said it before it’s no coincidence that our style of play completely changed the moment we lost all our better players to injuries, form dropped and fitness levels were not the same. I genuinely believed with a couple more additions in the summer, the type of football we seen earlier on the season just finished we’d have seen more of. Carlo stated before he was approached by Madrid this is what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back