Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes ,yes Dithering David knife to a gunfight Moyes was here for 11 sodding year's and won zilch.
Yet some want to ditch one of the Worlds Great managers before he's put his own team together.
Some great fans we've got....just great.
I don’t think anyone is saying get rid of him now. If he doesn’t meet the expectations of the club, which aren’t unrealistically high, then he can have no qualms about being fired.

I’d personally give him the season to get Europe. 18 months in a job is more than enough time to see some progress.

The worrying thing is, right now we don’t look any better than last season.
this is why we have a mishmash everton squad of about 4 managers!!!

I’d personally give him the season to get Europe. 18 months in a job is more than enough time to see some progress.

The worrying thing is, right now we don’t look any better than last season.
Kloppe took a good while for his team to click , but you want to change Carlo after his first full season with the team of crabs he inherited ?

Most know this is no overnight fix , so talk of punting a manager before he's got his own players in in lunacy.

A top keeper and right winger ( that might not be available til next summer)
then time to work with them should be the only time to start judging him.

A few things here.... "some of the subs aren't good"

LOL, course they aren't. :coffee: Keep up lid, everybody 'knows' that every sub we have is not the right player to bring on. It's only ever gonna be the right sub when it's Anthony Gordon,, according to most people... for a bit.

Subs are pretty much NEVER good in the opinions of fans. When things are going -or have gone- well in a match. nobody gives a flying one about what subs have been used. The "bad sub" shouts tend to happen when we're being beat and things aren't going well. I'll let you into a little secret, subs tend to make a difference some of the time. You'll find in a lot of matches when you're struggling and/or trailing, they make no difference, but, some lad. 'FOREVERFIFA10LOLZ', reckons he knows exactly what subs should have been made EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The whinging and second guessing are just monotonous, and predictable from some. It's all laughable really,. Carlo has been here for not even a year yet. The aim this season, is to improve on last, and it's as simple as that.
All of those points and you pick up on the subs bit......until you pointed it out, I forgot I wrote it. The point of that post is not subs. Im just trying to explain why people vent, criticise and ask questions. I’m fairly sure I explain that. the whinging and second guessing is part of being a football fan. Just ask Real Madrid fans.....
We’ve been dog terd for nearly 35 years and people are moaning that the fans moan.....

No, we have that because we allowed managers like Fat Sam to spend £50m when it was clear he would be going at the end of the season.
also true but we finished 12th last year!!! the thing Everton in general needs now is continuity we have to see improvement but can't be too disheartened if we don't make europe!

Honestly I'd say the end of next season unless we go on a ridiculous losing run

I like Carlo but for me he is set on one system that requires certain players and he uses that system weather their available or not

A guy like Poch (who imo would come here as he would get fully backed) would get the best out all the players we have, not just the best 2 or 3

If he can get Dele Alli scoring 20 goals a season he could get something out of Davies, same with Dembele before he went their Dembele was power puff like Gomes

Yeah that seems fair enough TBH - it's the lack of a defined playing style that would be my primary concern; I appreciate you have to adapt from time to time, but a team that is expecting to win more matches than it loses, needs to impose themselves on the opposition more often than we do. Yes the signings are positive, but I do wonder where we would already be under Poch, Rodgers, Simeone, or even Pep or Klopp.

For me people cant have their cake and eat it - you can't say Ancelotti needs time & is doing the best he can with these players yet also champion the bloke who's been in charge of the last 5 transfer windows.

If we dont qualify for europe then either the manager or DOF needs to go.

For me I would boot Brands now if I could - lets look at his signings:

Digne: £18 million
Doucoure: £22 million
Mina: £27 million
Gomes: £22 million
Godfrey: £25 million
Gbamin: £25 million
Iwobi: £27 million
Kean: £27 million
Bernard: Free
Lossl: Free

An absolute ton of money wasted there.
I didnt include Richarlison as he was a Silva signing as James/Allan were Carlo ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back