Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything he stated within that post is facts

"If Carlo doesn’t deliver Europe, which is what we expect, then he will be fired.

He doesn’t get to hang around just because he won things for other clubs.

He has to deliver here, given his huge wage and getting his own players in this summer"

Is true no matter how many games are played

To a degree.

He hasn't got his own players yet though has he? He's got Allan and James, two who are definately his players and Docoure who appears more the Brands choice (not a criticism). We are still having to use Tosun, we still have Mina, Davies, Coleman (who's purely just old age nothing personal), Walcott until this summer, Gylfi, Iwobi, Bernard who are all not good enough.

Our mess wont be fixed by one summer window unfortunately. As long as we progress he's fine. Our strongest XI is actually pretty good, it's the problem of 1 injury and we lose a huge amount of quality. Only in 2/3 windows time will we see CA's players and Everton.

If we can't be patient with a man like Carlo, then we don't deserve nice things. I'm sorry but that's the reality, we wouldn't get better, and there aren't many better anyway.I just can't see how CA can be judged until he isn't forced to use those players, nevermind Delph, Gomes...

We all crave some long overdue success, especially those of us who have never tasted it. I suspect we will have to while a short while more before we really see things pick up.

How is any of "Have we added them to our honours list?

If Carlo doesn’t deliver Europe, which is what we expect, then he will be fired.

He doesn’t get to hang around just because he won things for other clubs.

He has to deliver here, given his huge wage and getting his own players in this summer."

Winging or moaning, he is stating facts

Two questions here.

When is your deadline for him qualifying for Europe? End of this season?

If so, what next?

To a degree.

He hasn't got his own players yet though has he? He's got Allan and James, two who are definately his players and Docoure who appears more the Brands choice (not a criticism). We are still having to use Tosun, we still have Mina, Davies, Coleman (who's purely just old age nothing personal), Walcott until this summer, Gylfi, Iwobi, Bernard who are all not good enough.

Our mess wont be fixed by one summer window unfortunately. As long as we progress he's fine. Our strongest XI is actually pretty good, it's the problem of 1 injury and we lose a huge amount of quality. Only in 2/3 windows time will we see CA's players and Everton.

If we can't be patient with a man like Carlo, then we don't deserve nice things. I'm sorry but that's the reality, we wouldn't get better, and there aren't many better anyway.I just can't see how CA can be judged until he isn't forced to use those players, nevermind Delph, Gomes...

We all crave some long overdue success, especially those of us who have never tasted it. I suspect we will have to while a short while more before we really see things pick up.
A manager of Carlo's experience and expertise shouldn't be absolutely lost when one player is out for 3 matches. The team performances almost everywhere was absolutely dire. That's literally his job to make sure that the team is prepared and performs how he instructs them to. Hell, I love Carlo, he can have as long as he wants. Problem is, he needs to produce something this year otherwise Richarlison is off. And we all have seen how we play without him.

Any Everton fan who is even questioning Carlo needs to watch a different sport, we have one of the best managers in the world at this club, once he goes it will be a very sad day for this club and a massive step down.
Name one manager who can attract players like Rodriguez to this club apart from this guy.
Carlo knows exactly what he wants and has a plan, he just needs a bit of time to put it into place and get rid of some of the deadwood out of this club

Any Everton fan who is even questioning Carlo needs to watch a different sport, we have one of the best managers in the world at this club, once he goes it will be a very sad day for this club and a massive step down.
Name one manager who can attract players like Rodriguez to this club apart from this guy.
Carlo knows exactly what he wants and has a plan, he just needs a bit of time to put it into place and get rid of some of the deadwood out of this club

well said mate ;)

Two questions here.

When is your deadline for him qualifying for Europe? End of this season?

If so, what next?
Honestly I'd say the end of next season unless we go on a ridiculous losing run

I like Carlo but for me he is set on one system that requires certain players and he uses that system weather their available or not

A guy like Poch (who imo would come here as he would get fully backed) would get the best out all the players we have, not just the best 2 or 3

If he can get Dele Alli scoring 20 goals a season he could get something out of Davies, same with Dembele before he went their Dembele was power puff like Gomes

he gets long as he needs with how much time he needs
what makes you think the next man is gonna do any better against someone who has won everything
LOL you need to change the team you follow lad your negativity absolutely reeks
I don't understand how fans give the "lets be positive shouts" and how they attack the "negativity" shouts from other fans after 3 losses. How do you not understand that fans watch their team play and are so desperate for them to win that when they stink the gaff out they react by attacking the person who is in charge???
If football fans never criticised then football would be awfully boring and there would be zero emotion.
I am desperate for us to win every week, so much so that it affects my day when we don't win. I wish it didn't.
So by investing so much time into supporting a club, spending money on the club and it taking up quite a lot of my time from a conversation an thought perspective, I, and other people, have every right to question certain things.
Coming back with "He's won trophies before" and "who else do you expect us to get" is the worst, the very worst responses that people who are frustrated, want to hear.
If it was all about trophies on a resume, then Van Gaal would still be in a job, cleaning up at Man Utd, Capello would be smashing it with England and Mourinho probably wouldn't be at Tottenham. And Poch probably wouldn't be so coveted. Listen, I like Carlo. He seems a great guy. He's great in the media, he attracts better players than we could normally, and he gives us a higher profile.
However, his successes have been quite some time ago, and he's been sacked from many roles of late. His last three jobs? And Chelsea? I get that managers are sacked regularly but lets not make him out to be Alex Ferguson. I am by no means calling for his head, or are the fans on this thread. They are just questioning the fact that we have dropped 11 points out of our last 12, when really, people were expecting to win some of the games. We may win our next two games and he's a hero again. But we haven't yet, so were frustrated.
Why don't you come back with..."We're tighter at the back", "you can see the style of play changing" "You can see the youth getting chances" or something that a manager would try and implement within a year. We just aren't really seeing that yet.
If we went on the Sigurdsson thread, we'd probably find one positive comment in the last 125 pages. Yet Carlo picks him every week. He's played every single game under Carlo, the majority starting. And if we criticise that, we get "we don't know as much as Carlo shouts". Yet we speak about Sigurdsson like he's Hitler. Carlo has him as captain sometimes!
In reality, none of us are as qualified as Bobby Martinez, Marco Silva, Sam Allardyce, or certainly Ronald Koeman. But we were still happy to get rid of them and toss them aside like they knew nothing about football.
Yet Carlo has this halo over his head when in reality, this is his hardest and leftfield job he's took in his career.
Southampton are flying with a manager who's won nothing. Rodgers, celtic aside, very similar yet they are up and coming managers with something to prove. Would I rather have Carlo??? His CV suggests so. Yet CVs have a lifespan and then people tail off. Otherwise, as I said, people like Fabio Capello would still be attracting top clubs.
I am not criticizing Ancelotti here. I happy to give him time and see what happens in the next two years. Yet I am concerned that we leak goals, we show little fight still and our team lacks some pace. I think we are set up wrong and some of the subs and team selections aren't good.
We as fans have a right to criticise. No one is saying they're right, but we all judge football with our eyes. Not CVs. We all want us to win so badly that we all react differently. Anyhow, rant over.
Up the toffees!!!

I don't understand how fans give the "lets be positive shouts" and how they attack the "negativity" shouts from other fans after 3 losses. How do you not understand that fans watch their team play and are so desperate for them to win that when they stink the gaff out they react by attacking the person who is in charge???
If football fans never criticised then football would be awfully boring and there would be zero emotion.
I am desperate for us to win every week, so much so that it affects my day when we don't win. I wish it didn't.
So by investing so much time into supporting a club, spending money on the club and it taking up quite a lot of my time from a conversation an thought perspective, I, and other people, have every right to question certain things.
Coming back with "He's won trophies before" and "who else do you expect us to get" is the worst, the very worst responses that people who are frustrated, want to hear.
If it was all about trophies on a resume, then Van Gaal would still be in a job, cleaning up at Man Utd, Capello would be smashing it with England and Mourinho probably wouldn't be at Tottenham. And Poch probably wouldn't be so coveted. Listen, I like Carlo. He seems a great guy. He's great in the media, he attracts better players than we could normally, and he gives us a higher profile.
However, his successes have been quite some time ago, and he's been sacked from many roles of late. His last three jobs? And Chelsea? I get that managers are sacked regularly but lets not make him out to be Alex Ferguson. I am by no means calling for his head, or are the fans on this thread. They are just questioning the fact that we have dropped 11 points out of our last 12, when really, people were expecting to win some of the games. We may win our next two games and he's a hero again. But we haven't yet, so were frustrated.
Why don't you come back with..."We're tighter at the back", "you can see the style of play changing" "You can see the youth getting chances" or something that a manager would try and implement within a year. We just aren't really seeing that yet.
If we went on the Sigurdsson thread, we'd probably find one positive comment in the last 125 pages. Yet Carlo picks him every week. He's played every single game under Carlo, the majority starting. And if we criticise that, we get "we don't know as much as Carlo shouts". Yet we speak about Sigurdsson like he's Hitler. Carlo has him as captain sometimes!
In reality, none of us are as qualified as Bobby Martinez, Marco Silva, Sam Allardyce, or certainly Ronald Koeman. But we were still happy to get rid of them and toss them aside like they knew nothing about football.
Yet Carlo has this halo over his head when in reality, this is his hardest and leftfield job he's took in his career.
Southampton are flying with a manager who's won nothing. Rodgers, celtic aside, very similar yet they are up and coming managers with something to prove. Would I rather have Carlo??? His CV suggests so. Yet CVs have a lifespan and then people tail off. Otherwise, as I said, people like Fabio Capello would still be attracting top clubs.
I am not criticizing Ancelotti here. I happy to give him time and see what happens in the next two years. Yet I am concerned that we leak goals, we show little fight still and our team lacks some pace. I think we are set up wrong and some of the subs and team selections aren't good.
We as fans have a right to criticise. No one is saying they're right, but we all judge football with our eyes. Not CVs. We all want us to win so badly that we all react differently. Anyhow, rant over.
Up the toffees!!!
of course we can criticize Carlo, Here I'll give you some.
his tactics for Newcastle was atrocious and it was all on him for losing that game
his handling of the Pickford for the Newcastle/United game is also atrocious.
Anthony Gordon being bombed out for no reason is also shocking.
my point is if he doesn't finish in the highly coveted European places we all dream and drool over then then we stick with him and keep trucking, While he is also a god he's not immune to annoyances from people but we can't give up on him if he doesn't get it right instantly
he's had to pick Siggurdsson because Gomes has decided he doesn't wanna be a footballer anymore and well Tom davies is tom davies we're in a pickle.

Up the toffees!!!

A few things here.... "some of the subs aren't good"

LOL, course they aren't. :coffee: Keep up lid, everybody 'knows' that every sub we have is not the right player to bring on. It's only ever gonna be the right sub when it's Anthony Gordon,, according to most people... for a bit.

Subs are pretty much NEVER good in the opinions of fans. When things are going -or have gone- well in a match. nobody gives a flying one about what subs have been used. The "bad sub" shouts tend to happen when we're being beat and things aren't going well. I'll let you into a little secret, subs tend to make a difference some of the time. You'll find in a lot of matches when you're struggling and/or trailing, they make no difference, but, some lad. 'FOREVERFIFA10LOLZ', reckons he knows exactly what subs should have been made EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The whinging and second guessing are just monotonous, and predictable from some. It's all laughable really,. Carlo has been here for not even a year yet. The aim this season, is to improve on last, and it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back