Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad,
Why would I join your forum?
Because as I said, I am interested and supportive of Everton . I can't speak for every Red, but of the 20 or so I probably know well the idea that they would send death threats is absurd. I am not saying there aren't any who would, but to characterise Reds generally with that says more about you than it does about us
Can any of you speak for all the tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of EFC fans?
LFC provides a psychological skip for many of the people here. They are frustrated and angry and rather than direct it where it should be, they externalise it to the people across the park.
You luxuriate in myths If Liverpool are successful, it MUST be because of cheating or corruption...it's the Trump mindset. If you have evidence, show it Otherwise deal with reality.
LFC are dirty..having won the Fair Play League for the last four years..oh that will be referees conspiring to turn a blind eye will it? Apart from How? tell us Why? they would do that.
Klopp is really a fake and actually a nasty man..of COURSE. You find it unbearable that the man can be good at his job and a decent human being.
So is Ancelotti . And watch them together sometime!
Oh and VAR!! Of course something else where LFC corrupts the game! Well if they do, they don't do it very well, as in the table of positive/negative VAR outcomes they are in the middle...
Steven Gerrard...that must really hurt . How Evertonians must wish they had had a local lad lead the side to success and for so long. And now have the makings of a good manager too.
Focus on your own side . Really. Using up energy directed at LFC is not the answer.

What is any of this uneducated diatribe got to do with Ancelotti? Can you try and have an opinion on the topic of the discussion, rather than waffling on about things that have no relevance?

With the nicest will in the world, if I want an opinion on the things you've given, it wont be from the likes of you.

People keep pedalling this Liverpool line...

Fabinho got a hamstring injury a few games before the break, or he’d be playing for Brazil (and ironically, that’d mean Allan wouldn’t be there)

Thiago hasn’t played since the derby, or he’d be in the Spain squad

TAA is out for a month.

Gomez went on England duty and is out for the season now.

VVD would have captained the Netherlands

Robertson played 120 mins for Scotland the other day

Salah went with Egypt and now misses two weeks for covid

Firmino played the entire game for Brazil last night

Mane is playing for Senegal. Jota for Portugal.

Good players play for their countries.
There’s been many a time when Liverpool players conveniently miss international duty.

Very sad,
Because as I said, I am interested and supportive of Everton . I can't speak for every Red, but of the 20 or so I probably know well the idea that they would send death threats is absurd. I am not saying there aren't any who would, but to characterise Reds generally with that says more about you than it does about us
Can any of you speak for all the tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of EFC fans?
LFC provides a psychological skip for many of the people here. They are frustrated and angry and rather than direct it where it should be, they externalise it to the people across the park.
You luxuriate in myths If Liverpool are successful, it MUST be because of cheating or corruption...it's the Trump mindset. If you have evidence, show it Otherwise deal with reality.
LFC are dirty..having won the Fair Play League for the last four years..oh that will be referees conspiring to turn a blind eye will it? Apart from How? tell us Why? they would do that.
Klopp is really a fake and actually a nasty man..of COURSE. You find it unbearable that the man can be good at his job and a decent human being.
Oh and VAR!! Of course something else where LFC corrupts the game! Well if they do, they don't do it very well, as in the table of positive/negative VAR outcomes they are in the middle...
Steven Gerrard...that must really hurt . How Evertonians must wish they had had a local lad lead the side to success and for so long. And now have the makings of a good manager too.
Focus on your own side . Really. Using up energy directed at LFC is not the answer.
I’ve read some bollocks, but that’s taking it to the next level.

But we won’t though because it’s footy and you don’t always win games you’re expected to.

This is why my genius plan to win millions in the bookies failed.

Sent a letter to Billy Hills complaining that loads of teams didn't win matches they should do.

They replied with a wry chuckle.

Crafty beggars.

Very sad,

Being fluent in Scientologyish, I can translate here.

Greetings from Milton Keynes, I decided to support Liverpool because I have no connection to the club via family, geography, or social class.

I can't believe there are people living in Liverpool, who don't actually support Liverpool.

I have no idea who Bessie Braddock was, and this makes me so angry that I occasionally type in block capitals, like MUST, and COURSE.

There’s been many a time when Liverpool players conveniently miss international duty.

That's all well and good, but it's fair to say in the two international breaks so far they've been hindered by them too.

It's daft to be having these matches full stop, but that's on the respective leagues to demand that friendlies/Nations League etc aren't played (I understand qualifiers to an extent, but even so they could be done differently).

However, they didn't, so the players will play. The best players for their clubs are often the best players for their countries. James is Colombia's captain, is he not?

It's crap, but the players will want to play if the games are on.

no he’s not we’re 7 games in lad
Everything he stated within that post is facts

"If Carlo doesn’t deliver Europe, which is what we expect, then he will be fired.

He doesn’t get to hang around just because he won things for other clubs.

He has to deliver here, given his huge wage and getting his own players in this summer"

Is true no matter how many games are played

I really hope the Don is conjuring up some magic while he enjoys his long walks along the beach in Crosby.

I imagine his reaction will be one of two things. Keep what was working and believe that Richarlison coming back will fix everything or change to a more defensively robust formation, with James more central to protect the flanks.

I really think this team is best suited to 4-2-3-1 but I can see him giving the 4-3-3 another go with Richarlison back in the team.

Olsen
Coleman Keane Holgate Digne
Allan Doucoure
Bernard James Richarlison
DCL

I joined this forum in the aftermath some time ago and was quite open about being a Red.
It was because I don't find being a Red stops me being interested in Everton and wishing the club well. Clearly if we are head-to-head I want us to win but otherwise I am genuinely disappointed when Everton let themselves down.
There is plenty of space for both Liverpool clubs to be winners.
One of the first things I did was to give comments on the eleven I had seen most recently, and in particular Pickford.
I thought a third-party view might be appreciated.
I said I thought Pickford had mental issues which you would never coach him out of. And that his influence led to the defenders in front of him playing badly as well.
I got hammered.
Yet over the following months he displayed exactly what I had described and this forum was full of people saying what I had said. That included one poster who suggested that. although he wanted rid, he thought some other club would give you £50m for him, as though the problems were somehow a secret.
But what has really disappointed me is the sheer malice towards LFC and its fans. I can assure you it isn't returned, and can only surmise it comes out of grudge and frustration.
In general the reaction to the derby was truly revealing. There was endless invention as how somehow Pickford's lunatic attack on Van Dijk was justified.
I hope you are better than that but I am beginning to give up hope of seeing it.
Rat

"If Carlo doesn’t deliver Europe, which is what we expect, then he will be fired.

He has to deliver here, given his huge wage and getting his own players in this summer"

Nice to see you like the alternative facts.

I joined this forum in the aftermath some time ago and was quite open about being a Red.
It was because I don't find being a Red stops me being interested in Everton and wishing the club well. Clearly if we are head-to-head I want us to win but otherwise I am genuinely disappointed when Everton let themselves down.
There is plenty of space for both Liverpool clubs to be winners.
One of the first things I did was to give comments on the eleven I had seen most recently, and in particular Pickford.
I thought a third-party view might be appreciated.
I said I thought Pickford had mental issues which you would never coach him out of. And that his influence led to the defenders in front of him playing badly as well.
I got hammered.
Yet over the following months he displayed exactly what I had described and this forum was full of people saying what I had said. That included one poster who suggested that. although he wanted rid, he thought some other club would give you £50m for him, as though the problems were somehow a secret.
But what has really disappointed me is the sheer malice towards LFC and its fans. I can assure you it isn't returned, and can only surmise it comes out of grudge and frustration.
In general the reaction to the derby was truly revealing. There was endless invention as how somehow Pickford's lunatic attack on Van Dijk was justified.
I hope you are better than that but I am beginning to give up hope of seeing it.

Oh hello Mr Ambassador!

LOL honestly. We’re 7 games in SO judge him at the end of the season ffs

That's our problem mate, we haven't got good squad players, we haven't got any depth to the squad. Unless you meant squad players as our first 11?

Not the whole squad, but say we agree the first X1 is now good. But they can't play well every week because a) it's normal, and b) they will eventually get complacent if nobody is pushing them from the subs bench, then that leaves us with a few good squad players only :
Bernard, Gomes, Davies, Nkounkou, whichever 2 CBs don't play are good
Which means RB, CAM, Wide attacker, CF, CM all need much better squad players.. So you're right, a thin squad. For us to do well we need a Leicester type season where everyone clicks and nobody gets injured (not to win the PL, just to get to CL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back