Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think we’ve learnt much new today except maybe iwobi can do a job somewhere on the pitch. We’re good going forward when we’ve got the front three fit. We can’t defend. We’re not fit. Game management is poor. Stuff we all said beforehand really. At least Carlo tried something different at the back, but it didn’t work. It’ll be interesting to see what he does next week against a fast Leeds side.

Its baffling how poor we are at the back considering he's an Italian manager.

He desperately needs another defensive midfielder coming in the door in January or Gbamin to hit the ground running and stay fit once he returns as you cant play a 2 in midfield and persist with James in the team we are left too exposed.
I like James, but it is noticeable. Richy helps Alan and Doucore but nobody else really does enough to help secure the middle. Doucore is perfectly capable of playing in an advanced role whilst giving us the work rate as well.

Don’t think we’ve learnt much new today except maybe iwobi can do a job somewhere on the pitch. We’re good going forward when we’ve got the front three fit. We can’t defend. We’re not fit. Game management is poor. Stuff we all said beforehand really. At least Carlo tried something different at the back, but it didn’t work. It’ll be interesting to see what he does next week against a fast Leeds side.

We aint perfect. Nowhere near it. But for a team that cant defend aint fit and has a crap manager we are played 9, won 5 scored 19. Two of those 9 being currently 1st and 2nd in the table and we lost to neither.

I don't care which he picks but it has to be either back 3 or back 4. Switching is just asking to have the defense out of whack as the systems aren't remotely similar in practice.

I don't care which he picks but it has to be either back 3 or back 4. Switching is just asking to have the defense out of whack as the systems aren't remotely similar in practice.

Nope, he has to try things mate. It failed as a back 3 today but there's no way you can't say it didn't work 1st half with the wing backs.

Its o.k to have options and different ways to play.

I think that back 3 and back 4 are too different to switch weekly.

Yes maybe that's the case weekly mate but as I said, no one can say that didn't work for Iwobi and Digne today.

Its important to have options and today he threw a curve ball by playing Iwobi as a wing back and he gave us a performance that he hasn't shown he was capable of previously

In the past we completely fold but we seen the game out pretty comfortably in the end. Even with the ineffective Sigg on the pitch

Oncd Davies came on and gave us some legs I don't think they really threatened. They had a good 5/10 spell after they made it 3-2 but then DCL (not for the first time I might add) won us a couple of great free kicks and slowed played down to the point where we got back our shape. We were still crap like but small margins make big differences in the end

Yes maybe that's the case weekly mate but as I said, no one can say that didn't work for Iwobi and Digne today.

Its important to have options and today he threw a curve ball by playing Iwobi as a wing back and he gave us a performance that he hasn't shown he was capable of previously
It didn't work defensively which is my biggest question mark.

We aint perfect. Nowhere near it. But for a team that cant defend aint fit and has a crap manager we are played 9, won 5 scored 19. Two of those 9 being currently 1st and 2nd in the table and we lost to neither.
Your gonna have people thinking we’re bordering on OK with talk like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back