Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, our starting 11 cost between £260 and £290mil against a team who are far worse than even a weak Leicester

How do you get to those numbers (I’ve rounded to the nearest mill for transfer fees)

Pickford - 26
Keane - 26
Mina - 27
Godfrey - 25
Digne - 18
Iwobi - 27
Allan - 23
Doucoure - 20
James - Free
Richarlison - 35
DCL - 2

That’s approx 230 mill.

We concede a lot of goals, and you normally wouldn't expect that sort of thing from an Ancelotti team.But in Richarlison Rodriquez and Calvert Lewin (yes i was one of the people on here, proven wrong by him) we have the firepower to win trophies.If we sort the defense out, then we can have a serious crack at finishing in the top four.

We concede a lot of goals, and you normally wouldn't expect that sort of thing from an Ancelotti team.But in Richarlison Rodriquez and Calvert Lewin (yes i was one of the people on here, proven wrong by him) we have the firepower, to win trophies.If we sort the defense out, then we can have a serious crack at finishing in the top four.

I’m not sure where Carlo’s defensive reputation has come from other than he is Italian, but he’s a world away playing style wise from the likes of Lippi, Trappatoni, or Capello. He’s never been one for getting a goal and then shutting up shop. Chelsea fans will say his football was the best they’ve played in the prem attacking wise, PSG fans also rate it, his Madrid team were brilliant in attack and from what we’ve seen so far at Everton most of the improvement has come in how we attack. He’s always valued playing proper ball playing midfielders like Pirlo Modric Kroos Verrati rather than just plugging the midfield with defensive players. At one point at Madrid he had Modric and Kroos deep with Di Maria and James ahead of them. I don’t think setting up defensively has ever been his strong point but he’s very good at setting up a balanced side that lets players show their quality. Our world class attackers are thriving but some of our painfully average centrebacks and goalkeeper are being exposed at the moment.

I’m not sure where Carlo’s defensive reputation has come from other than he is Italian, but he’s a world away playing style wise from the likes of Lippi, Trappatoni, or Capello. He’s never been one for getting a goal and then shutting up shop. Chelsea fans will say his football was the best they’ve played in the prem attacking wise, PSG fans also rate it, his Madrid team were brilliant in attack and from what we’ve seen so far at Everton most of the improvement has come in how we attack. He’s always valued playing proper ball playing midfielders like Pirlo Modric Kroos Verrati rather than just plugging the midfield with defensive players. At one point at Madrid he had Modric and Kroos deep with Di Maria and James ahead of them. I don’t think setting up defensively has ever been his strong point but he’s very good at setting up a balanced side that lets players show their quality. Our world class attackers are thriving but some of our painfully average centrebacks and goalkeeper are being exposed at the moment.

Di Maria left before James arrived. He did play with Kroos, Modric, and Isco with James in front of them

Any manager who’s team concedes three to Liverpool under the Fat Spanish Waiter has to be a little naive in terms of defensive coaching! :p

We concede a lot of goals, and you normally wouldn't expect that sort of thing from an Ancelotti team.But in Richarlison Rodriquez and Calvert Lewin (yes i was one of the people on here, proven wrong by him) we have the firepower to win trophies.If we sort the defense out, then we can have a serious crack at finishing in the top four.
If we can get Coleman back fit or bring in a RB in January.Godfey and Holgate, Dignie give them a run.A lot of pace in the 2 CBs.

To be fair, our starting 11 cost between £260 and £290mil against a team who are far worse than even a weak Leicester

Our bench probably cost more than the Fulham eleven.
Our bench was £80/90 mill odd. Not sure what Fulham's eleven is :S

Believe the RS put a team worth £300m odd and with Soyuncu, Ricardo and Castagna out, its hardly a statement like the media are making it out to be

Believe the RS put a team worth £300m odd and with Soyuncu, Ricardo and Castagna out, its hardly a statement like the media are making it out to be

Either way mate, we should be beating Fulham and the RS., with best players out should not be battering Leicester the way they did

Either way mate, we should be beating Fulham and the RS., with best players out should not be battering Leicester the way they did

Leicester in 2020 have been on a horrendous run and have been without several key players. Rodgers record with Klopp is very poor. Given Liverpool's team cost about 3 times what their team did, it's not an enormous surprise.

Leicester in 2020 have been on a horrendous run and have been without several key players. Rodgers record with Klopp is very poor. Given Liverpool's team cost about 3 times what their team did, it's not an enormous surprise.

It wasn’t that long ago Carlo beat Leicester at Goodison with Davies Sigurdsson and Gordon in midfield. Leicester blow hot and cold like most of Rodgers’ teams.

Very. If you take out the main 3 who were missing their so called back up players cost 70m. 45m and 25m.
They go on like they're on the bones of their arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back