Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a good win. Away from home after an international break and despite having a poor second half we still walked away with 3pts. We're very reliant on Richarlison, however, which is a bit of an issue as it has highlighted that without him we don't have any other direct-running forwards.

I was encouraged a lot after yesterday, we've been playing so poor but the attacking football in the first half was a delight. Let's shore up that defence now and we'll be much better rounded.

Last edited:
In games like yesterday, the result is the most important thing. The defensive performance is worrying but when you have had an international break and lots of tired players, just get the three points and move on.

It will be a tough challenge against Leeds next, their high energy Football could cause us problems but I also think they are vulnerable and played a high line vs Arsenal yesterday, so hopefully Digne, Iwobi and Richarlison will have more chances in behind.

yearh what was it how many pastings did we get? lol honestly

It's crazy to think Allardyce had the best defensive record of the last five Everton managers.

Interesting stats comparing the last five managers.

Scored

1st - Martinez (1.486 goals scored per game)
2nd - Ancelotti (1.482 goals scored per game)
3rd - Koeman (1.46 goals scored per game)
4th - Silva (1.32 goals scored per game)
5th - Allardyce (1.24 goals scored per game)

Conceded

1st - Allardyce (1.25 goals conceded per game)
2nd - Martinez (1.27 goals conceded per game)
3rd - Koeman (1.31 goals conceded per game)
4th - Silva (1.37 goals conceded per game)
5th - Ancelotti (1.48 goals conceded per game)

Points Per Game

1st - Ancelotti (1.55 points per game)
2nd - Allardyce (1.48 points per game)
3rd - Koeman (1.465 points per game)
4th - Martinez (1.462 points per game)
5th - Silva (1.28 points per game)

The negativity towards the club and Carlo is frustrating because, while we definitely need improvement in several areas, there were mitigating circumstances that led to our poor 3 game stretch.

That 3 game stretch exposed our lack of depth, but it doesn't negate how good we have been when our key players have been fit. We played 3 games without Richarlison, 1 game without James and 2 more games where he played at 50%, we also lost Digne for a match as well, Coleman was out for 2 of those 3 matches.

We were relying on last years players minus Richarlison and getting upset we were losing.

We are a good side. We need to improve defensively and add some depth. But a good side we are. F Everton that.

It's crazy to think Allardyce had the best defensive record of the last five Everton managers.

Scored

Conceded

Points Per Game

efficient

In games like yesterday, the result is the most important thing. The defensive performance is worrying but when you have had an international break and lots of tired players, just get the three points and move on.

It will be a tough challenge against Leeds next, their high energy Football could cause us problems but I also think they are vulnerable and played a high line vs Arsenal yesterday, so hopefully Digne, Iwobi and Richarlison will have more chances in behind.

Scored

Conceded

Points Per Game

you want big Sam back? - Carlo will fix it and anyone who doesn’t think it is CRAZY

As I said it yesterday.. we are currently a 45 minute team with an overall lack of fitness and a crippling issue of not being able to stop leaking goals. He needs to find a solution to those things above all.

The negativity towards the club and Carlo is frustrating because, while we definitely need improvement in several areas, there were mitigating circumstances that led to our poor 3 game stretch.

That 3 game stretch exposed our lack of depth, but it doesn't negate how good we have been when our key players have been fit. We played 3 games without Richarlison, 1 game without James and 2 more games where he played at 50%, we also lost Digne for a match as well, Coleman was out for 2 of those 3 matches.

We were relying on last years players minus Richarlison and getting upset we were losing.

We are a good side. We need to improve defensively and add some depth. But a good side we are. F Everton that.

You have learned quick my Everton friend.

Just time and a bit of patience needed.

Edit : didn't mean to tag you in @Toffe3m4n

you want big Sam back? - Carlo will fix it and anyone who doesn’t think it is CRAZY
No, I don't want that. It's interesting to look at the numbers though. I wouldn't have thought Silva and Koeman would have had a better defensive record than Ancelotti at Everton. It's still early in his reign so lots of time for change, but it shows how important it is for things to change quickly in that area, for the team to improve. It will be good to revisit those numbers at the end of the season and see how Ancelotti has improved the team by comparison.

I honestly reckon once he can find a settled centre back pairing that doesn’t contain Mina, we will stop shipping so many goals.
Everything we’ve conceded so far this season has been down to individual mistakes or defensive lapses, rather than anything wrong with the system.

I do think we rode our luck a bit yesterday playing with a back 5 for so much of the second half. It allowed them to pin us back and we couldn’t get further than the halfway line before the ball came back to us for most of it.
Plugging up the midfield with the subs seemed to do the trick, but I was pissing out sweat by the final whistle it was that tense.

No, I don't want that. It's interesting to look at the numbers though. I wouldn't have thought Silva and Koeman would have had a better defensive record than Ancelotti at Everton. It's still early in his reign so lots of time for change, but it shows how important it is for things to change quickly in that area, for the team to improve. It will be good to revisit those numbers at the end of the season and see how Ancelotti has improved the team by comparison.

Allardyce team hardly went into the opposition half. Id be surprised if that stat wasnt in his favour camped in our own half.

I honestly reckon once he can find a settled centre back pairing that doesn’t contain Mina, we will stop shipping so many goals.
Everything we’ve conceded so far this season has been down to individual mistakes or defensive lapses, rather than anything wrong with the system.

I do think we rode our luck a bit yesterday playing with a back 5 for so much of the second half. It allowed them to pin us back and we couldn’t get further than the halfway line before the ball came back to us for most of it.
Plugging up the midfield with the subs seemed to do the trick, but I was pissing out sweat by the final whistle it was that tense.
We have conceded more than expected, and based on the chances that have been created against us, only Chelsea and City of the top teams have fewer chances against. So it's about getting rid of individual mistakes, and having a little luck.

Scored

Conceded

Points Per Game

Was you happy with Allardyce?, Even after it was apparent that we were safe he never tried anything different, to prove his claim that he was a great manager, we watched some of the most boring defensive football itbwas possible to watch in the history of Everton FC. It’s possible you were just quoting his stats, doubt if those stats show how terrible it was to watch such anti football tactics.

Scored

Conceded

Points Per Game

Only stat that matters is the one at the bottom which Ancelotti is top of by a long way. Martinez and to some extent Koeman had a lot more of their own squad to work with as well. Martinez inheriting a consistent top 6/7 squad with Barkley Stones gifted to him. Koeman inheriting Barkley Stones Lukaku and a blank cheque from Moshiri. Ancelotti inherited a team in trouble mid way through a season with only Digne and Richarlison as stars, and a load of FFP constraints. Out of conditions that were not ideal he’s doing well in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back