Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 15 away games, we've won more away games under Carlo (7) than we did under Silva (6) in nearly half the time.

Ancelotti 15 away games : 22 points
Silva 29 away games : 26 points
Allardyce 12 away games : 12 points

Its an area he's improved massively. If we can nab 8 away wins and a few draws, stay consistent at home, we'll be there or thereabouts for European football.

Its an area he's improved massively. If we can nab 8 away wins and a few draws, stay consistent at home, we'll be there or thereabouts for European football.

Definitely imo. We have severe weaknesses at the back, but we're in far better shape than we have been in years. I don't know how anyone can be anything but optimistic about us atm

Definitely imo. We have severe weaknesses at the back, but we're in far better shape than we have been in years. I don't know how anyone can be anything but optimistic about us atm
Attacking wise we have improved massively. We should have been 5 up yesterday after that first half
Defence and fitness levels are the biggest concern ATM. But it's early days for Carlo and this is a rebuilding year. I trust him.to get the right players in.

In 15 away games, we've won more away games under Carlo (7) than we did under Silva (6) in nearly half the time.

Would love to see what Carlo could do with us in Europe giving we will have a jan and summer window before it

I hate myself for even saying this because i'm not trying to be negative, but it's not a fair comparison really. About 75% of those games have come with no fans at games, which makes a massive difference. Even Ancelotti himself has said home advantage isn't the same in empty stadiums. We have made improvements, and who knows what would have happened if there were crowds, but think it's only fair to say it's a different situation.

Slightly skewed by the empty grounds taking the home/away advantage though
Edit:just noticed the above post

Toughest job in the division.
A job that comes with expectation and took over a pretty abysmal squad. Did anyone hear the BBC commentary yesterday bigging up Evertons bench. I mean talk about not knowing anything about what that bench contribute. Pure waffle.
I expect outsiders to point the finger at times early on through ignorance. But Evertonians know how terrible we have bought and what he really walked into.

I hate myself for even saying this because i'm not trying to be negative, but it's not a fair comparison really. About 75% of those games have come with no fans at games, which makes a massive difference. Even Ancelotti himself has said home advantage isn't the same in empty stadiums. We have made improvements, and who knows what would have happened if there were crowds, but think it's only fair to say it's a different situation.

Yes good point and good point @Noisy noise annoys but all we can do is look at the stats in front of us and take it from there. We still have home games, we still have away games.

Otherwise we could be saying things like DCL is only slotting goals because he hasn't got the pressure of a crowd on his back.

Everyone's in the same boat so leave me be with my positivity you pair of monsters ;)

As I said it yesterday.. we are currently a 45 minute team with an overall lack of fitness and a crippling issue of not being able to stop leaking goals. He needs to find a solution to those things above all.

The upcoming matches against Leeds, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal and Manchester City will define the season. Then I think we will see if we have had any progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back