Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is ok still loads of credit in the bank dosn't know his best system probably because the players are not great he can only tell them what to do he ain't kicking the ball
as for the players are only here because of him nah their here for the money it is not as though we are taking the best players from top clubs think the media are getting a bit carried away with that one and so did we
He certainly doesn’t have credit in the bank from what he’s served up here.

Didn't go wrong at Napoli one bit. He finished 2nd first season, sat 7th and into the knockout stages of the champions League until the chairman went off his head and sacked him after he ordered the players to sleep at the training ground after a loss...and they didn't do it. His son was also arguing with players in training.

They were the 2nd best team in Italy and had finished 2nd or 3rd the couple seasons before he went there so it wasnt as if he worked wonders or improved them. They performed as their quality should in the league and CL.

And we haven’t really been improving for years. It seems like different managers don’t improve us, we are still crap. For me before we even start discussing Carlo we need to clear out the crap. Get rid of the mentality running through the club and give our manager a decent shot at building something.
He can be questioned when we look like conceding 3 or 4 every game.
He needs to improve that aspect of our game for certain.

Got it wrong today but the reaction here is well over the top.

Overall some good progress since he took over - he wasn't taking this Everton team to the top so quick.

Time.
I really want to agree with this. But time is given if we can see progress. We’ve been woeful defensively for the last 8 games with no sign of it improving. We don’t seem “at it” in most games. Look slow, very sloppy in possession and there doesn’t seem to be any plan in place. I didn’t expect us to be world beaters but I would expect some progress being made in our patterns of play and defensive shape. I’m just seeing a team second best in many departments each week. It’s worrying.

No one is saying Nkounkou is amazing, but he should’ve been playing tonight. That is on the manager and he needs to explain himself.

There is absolutely no reason not to play Nkounkou.

If Delph or Iwobi or whoever manage to have a good game there what benefit does it give us other than a short term gain? Neither are the answer there (not even have a going at them, I mean it's obvious, Iwobi did OK at Right wing back last week, asking him to do the same on his weaker side is daft, Delph is nowhere near energetic enough to be a modern wing back or full back in 2020.).

Every minute Nkounkou gets on the pitch right now benefits both him and us as at very worst he should be our back up left back for the next few years, at best he plays well and gives the manager a headache when Digne returns. I mean whats the worst that happens if he has a mare? The crowd get on his back? There is no crowd.

I hope he was injured today or something because if not It will annoy me the more I think about it.

.....we carry a real threat in the top third, I can’t understand why we don’t exploit it.

Not sure if any of you noticed, but Holgate had a free kick just short of the half-way line. An opportunity to knock it into the area but he went back to Pickford. Pickford played a short pass, we lost possession and Leeds missed a great opening.

I don’t get the logic. We didn’t have a playmaker in midfield so we needed to get the ball quickly from back to front but we didn’t. Leeds bomb forward, Leeds press and we played to their strengths. Instead of picking them off we tried to play in our defensive third.

We’re being found out tactically and we’re being found out from a selection perspective.

The idea is that teams have seen to exploit the right side cos of Rodriguez. Instead of protecting either wing with emidfielders or telling the right fullback to be more defensively minded... we've just gone gun-ho.

The midfield 3 is still a huge problem. They provide little cover for the defence or at least not doing enough. I honestly don't have a problem with the defenders. My issue is that the midfield 3 are either 2 slow in pressing the ball, don't know when to stay or attack, pass responsibility to each other. Doucoure has zero awareness around him which puts Allan into trouble. Then the idea that Gomes or Siggurdson can be effective having a water carrier role is ineffective purely down to cowardice.

He has to make do with a makeshift midfielder who's just gonna sit. But is robust enough to get around the pitch. So Holgate for me if Kenny/Coleman gets fit.

To be fair I don’t think it would be any different under another manager, we are Everton, flopping horribly is what we do.

Oh agree but this isnt any other manager is it. This is one who is paid a massive amount of money to take the club forward.

If he cant do that without the world best players, which is never happening, then he shouldnt be here. If the players arnt good enough then you find other ways of playing and getting results. You dont go out half fit with wierd formations and players out of positions thinking we are Barcelona and strolling around.

I honestly just don't get "it". We don't have a "supposed world class manager", we have a LEGIT WORLD CLASS MANAGER. We have a WORLD CLASS PLAYER. We have quality in a lot of places.

And...yet.... here we are. Again debating the logic and choices by the manager.

I honestly can say that he is *not* earning his significant wage right now.

Leeds were everything I want us to be. Fit, quick, loads of intensity and well drilled, especially in tight situations, were they made us look like mugs.

Also made the pitch really big when they had the ball, which we definitely don’t want cos we’re the unfittest team in PL.

Given time I think Carlo will get it right, but I did think/expect to have made more progress in nearly year in charge.

Boring myself saying it but unless he sorts fitness we’re not cracking top half this league.

The idea that he has to sign a new player in every single position or it’s not his team is nuts. Very rare for any manager to have all there own players. I thought he’d get more out of the squad, apart from DCL and maybe Keane, I can’t see who’s improved.

Will have to start putting some trust in young players. Just go like for like at left back and leave Iwobi where he did well last week.

This is transitional season for me, I hope we finish top 6/8, but we just want to see team improve and for Carlo to give them a real identity in how we play.

Honestly don’t think fans expectations are that high. He inherited a mess and needs time. But we deffo need to see better than today, Soton, Newcastle - which were as bad as anything under last 3 managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back