Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticism is fine, asking for a manager to be sacked after 9 games is crazy, as is judging new signings as poor after 3 games, almost as mad as thinking nkonkou is amazing after one decent game against Lower league opposition

Its a very much a 'want it now' childish behaviour

No one is saying Nkounkou is amazing, but he should’ve been playing tonight. That is on the manager and he needs to explain himself.

Surprised he opted to plug holes at full back by playing midfielders as wing backs. Especially as Iwobi and Davies have shown every man and his dog that they just aren't up for it (in their natural positions). Big ask playing them as wing backs.

Would have preferred Nkounkou or Delph at left back and Holgate at right back. Mini and Keane in at CB. 4321.

Think Ancelloti needs to get back to basics with this very very limited squad.

Its concerning me the fact that he's only ever worked at the best teams with the best players who dont need much coaching and have most of the ball.

The one time he didnt was Napoli and that went wrong. I just think he doesnt know what to do with the lack of quality we have and its worrying.

Some of his selections/subs and tactics have been strange to say the least.

The fitness issue is also a massive worry as he has been criticised for this in the past and a few Bayern players actually put on their own extra fitness sessions. The PL is the one league you cant afford to lack fitness in.

He needs to sort it and fast

Didn't go wrong at Napoli one bit. He finished 2nd first season, sat 7th and into the knockout stages of the champions League until the chairman went off his head and sacked him after he ordered the players to sleep at the training ground after a loss...and they didn't do it. His son was also arguing with players in training.

.....we carry a real threat in the top third, I can’t understand why we don’t exploit it.

Not sure if any of you noticed, but Holgate had a free kick just short of the half-way line. An opportunity to knock it into the area but he went back to Pickford. Pickford played a short pass, we lost possession and Leeds missed a great opening.

I don’t get the logic. We didn’t have a playmaker in midfield so we needed to get the ball quickly from back to front but we didn’t. Leeds bomb forward, Leeds press and we played to their strengths. Instead of picking them off we tried to play in our defensive third.

We’re being found out tactically and we’re being found out from a selection perspective.

we were much quicker today to be honest, but still lots of room for improvement.

Its concerning me the fact that he's only ever worked at the best teams with the best players who dont need much coaching and have most of the ball.

The one time he didnt was Napoli and that went wrong. I just think he doesnt know what to do with the lack of quality we have and its worrying.

Some of his selections/subs and tactics have been strange to say the least.

The fitness issue is also a massive worry as he has been criticised for this in the past and a few Bayern players actually put on their own extra fitness sessions. The PL is the one league you cant afford to lack fitness in.

He needs to sort it and fast
He’s a good manager of great players. Similar to Zidane, he creates harmony among them. He’s been in a dressing room with Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard and co. and understands what top players need to hear. The actual coaching part has never been his strong point.

The Southampton fella who is able to get the best out of lesser players, that’s a coach.

The 433 suited us so long as we have actual fit fullbacks.
Why does it have to be such a drastic change though? keep the formation just bring in someone who can just stand in the role without having to compromise the rest of the side. No one can tell me keeping it 4 at the back and just putting holgate right back and Niels left back would be less effective than 3 at the back gash

The manager is ok still loads of credit in the bank dosn't know his best system probably because the players are not great he can only tell them what to do he ain't kicking the ball
as for the players are only here because of him nah their here for the money it is not as though we are taking the best players from top clubs think the media are getting a bit carried away with that one and so did we

Some weird selections again. Not going to blame him fully for this bile masquerading as football, he's had 1 transfer window to recruit some players. I mainly blame previous recruitment and therefore the mediocre players we have throughout our squad. I don't want him sacked or anything, but some of his selections need serious scrutiny.

Iwobi at left back instead of nkoukou? Seriously? I don't care how young nkoukou is, he is surely a better option there than iwobi (who was effin clueless in that role). Not iwobi's fault he was picked to play there.

Davies at right back? Why not Godfrey there and mina in as part of a three. Davies lack of pace at right back was a serious worry throughout. At least Godfrey there would have coped better than Davies with pace.

Some strange personnel and positional decisions. Wtf is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back