Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving Iwobi to LWB was the most baffling thing about it. Literally everybody thought he'd found a decent position in this team except for Carlo, and that's pretty worrying.
He mentioned playing Iwobi at LWB in his press conference and I thought he was bluffing. Worrying he actually thinks he can do a job there

World class manager who didn’t put the only RB and LB in the squad.

Definitely see why he’s on £11m a year.
Who cares what his wages are ffs.

I don't understand how you can or anyone else can watch the cycle of utter garbage that we've been subjected to for the best part of a decade now and still focus on the manager. Its clear as crystal that the players are the ones at fault. There is a core of players that are rotten to the core that need purging and until they're gone nothing will ever change. Sack Anchelotti, we'll be right back here again in a year or so with the same crowd saying the same things about the latest manager/scapegoat.

Carlo did alright today apart from some questionable selection and substitution.

Game plan was good, very high tempo focussing on passing forward quickly and giving the players freedom of running with the ball. Allan and doucuore attempt more dribble than they did in 10 games. Complete overhaul in the way we’ve played all season.

we did enough to squeeze a narrow win but just couldn’t score.

Leeds did a terrific job shutting down Richie. Double, triple team at every occasion. We are not smart enough to overcome that.

Of course they doubled up on Richy, was always gonna happen and for as long as Digne is out and we don’t play an adequate replacement (Nkounkou) to give him support and allow him a bit more freedom we may as well not give him the ball anymore.

Hes a football genius ....I'm not but I have to say that I find his tactics and team selections increasingly strange.
Everyone has a decline. Let’s not pretend we’ve got prime 2007 Ancelotti here.

He’s the fella who lost to Liverpool’s reserves, threw a 2-0 lead away in the last minute against Newcastle, finished 12th last year and has now won 1/6 games this season.

Godfrey and Doucoure, his signings, have been well below par since joining.
I don't think they've really had a decent enough run in their natural positions to be fair,the lack of depth when suspensions/injuries bite is meaning we are playing them out of position,however I do find it baffling Gordon and Nkounkou were not in the squad considering our problems today, however ancelotti is watching these fellas on a daily basis so who knows?

Hes a football genius ....I'm not but I have to say that I find his tactics and team selections increasingly strange.
Ancelotti is a nice man and has won lots of trophies. He is a good manager. But I do not think anyone in the football world - unless they have been in a coma - considers Ancelotti a football genius. Bielsa, on the other hand, is considered a football genius, even though he does not have as many trophies.

Everyone has a decline. Let’s not pretend we’ve got prime 2007 Ancelotti here.

He’s the fella who lost to Liverpool’s reserves, through a 2-0 lead away in the last minute against Newcastle, finished 12th last year and has not won 1/6 games this season.

Im happy to give him the full season - but he needs a DOF to bring him in better players.

We look good when fully fit but 2-3 players missing and we are all over the place.

Whilst thats on Carlos head its also om Brands for not giving him options.

I mean they had Rodrigo on the bench we had bloody Tosun its a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back