Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 433 suited us really well, rather he just plugged a whole caused by injury rather than fanny about with the formation especially the 3 at the back which we’ve never looked good in

I can blame him for not having a full back to come in if Digne is injured.

Delph?

Me, I'd have went Niels or Delph today and Kenny, or if he's no good, kept Iwobi at right back.

He's got too many strangers all over the pitch, if that's needed at least keep some balance/familiarity to players.

We take the piss over Koeman sticking Calvert-Lewin right full back, Iwobi at left full back is worse for me.
He said Kenny isn't 100% fit, the only full back we have is Niels and he's very inexperienced. I would have preferred him over Iwobi too but I can understand a manager not relying on one so young.

Crisis point now. 4 defeats in 5. Left back out until February or March. Team lacking effort and energy. Unlikely to be given money in January after having plenty in the summer. Can he stop the rot? I'd be astounded if he is able to get this group of players anywhere north of mid-table.

So let’s bin another manager again because we are crap. The thing is, there seems to be a pattern here, we keep getting different managers and yet we are still crap.

I think we should stick with him and give him a chance to clear out the crap, so we don’t have to keep playing the crap.
Very few are calling for him to be sacked. Bar the nuts. But thing is we are not improving as the season goes on. Defensively we are very poor .

Sprinkled a bit of magic on a turd. Said it before but we've got a drastic drop off in quality the moment our squad players have to be used.

The 433 suited us really well, rather he just plugged a whole caused by injury rather than fanny about with the formation especially the 3 at the back which we’ve never looked good in

Koeman went to it, Silva went to it, Ancelotti has gone to it. It’s the result of having a tragic keeper, the slowest centreback in the league, one decent fullback in the whole squad, and a succession of lazy half fit midfielders.

Criticism is fine, asking for a manager to be sacked after 9 games is crazy, as is judging new signings as poor after 3 games, almost as mad as thinking nkonkou is amazing after one decent game against Lower league opposition

Its a very much a 'want it now' childish behaviour

The 433 suited us so long as we have actual fit fullbacks.

The system didn't work and we were massively outplayed.

But too many players out there didnt perfprm yet again. We ultimately lose the game due to another basic error by a defender who didn't bother to close down.

Its horrible watching this club right now. Everyone knows we need time and patience and we absolutely do, but I hate watching us these days. It gives me so little joy even when we win now because I just think the next game like today is round the corner. And when you have days like today I think what's the point. We shouldn't be in this position of needing years to build something and its majorly depressing.

I will never turn on Ancelotti and want him here as long as he wants to be here. But I think we are fundamentally broken. We are a mess of a club who basically exist and thats it. An utter irrelevance of a club beyond saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back