Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticism is fine, asking for a manager to be sacked after 9 games is crazy, as is judging new signings as poor after 3 games, almost as mad as thinking nkonkou is amazing after one decent game against Lower league opposition

Its a very much a 'want it now' childish behaviour

you can’t fix decades of mediocrity in one transfer window. The manager needs time, he has made some questionable mistakes but he needs to be allowed to turf out the players who have hampered this team for years. Pickford Keane Coleman Davies Sigurdsson all need to go as a start, and we need to get players into the squad who can adequately cover if the first string are not performing.

Then we wouldn’t be playing crazy formations, and we could turf off Doucoure and Richarlison when they’re not up to it and bring in players who can do their jobs.

Ancelotti is not the problem, it’s 5 years of horrid recruitment on top of 20 years of loser mentality at the club.

Very few are calling for him to be sacked. Bar the nuts. But thing is we are not improving as the season goes on. Defensively we are very poor .
And we haven’t really been improving for years. It seems like different managers don’t improve us, we are still crap. For me before we even start discussing Carlo we need to clear out the crap. Get rid of the mentality running through the club and give our manager a decent shot at building something.

Carlo shouldn't want fans back because 100% there would have been boos in last few games.

Why can't we just be good, even just for a season. Be bothered with another boring, nothing of a season.

Said loads but it doesn't matter who our manager is or what players we sign we are still exactly the same

Its concerning me the fact that he's only ever worked at the best teams with the best players who dont need much coaching and have most of the ball.

The one time he didnt was Napoli and that went wrong. I just think he doesnt know what to do with the lack of quality we have and its worrying.

Some of his selections/subs and tactics have been strange to say the least.

The fitness issue is also a massive worry as he has been criticised for this in the past and a few Bayern players actually put on their own extra fitness sessions. The PL is the one league you cant afford to lack fitness in.

He needs to sort it and fast

you can’t fix decades of mediocrity in one transfer window. The manager needs time, he has made some questionable mistakes but he needs to be allowed to turf out the players who have hampered this team for years. Pickford Keane Coleman Davies Sigurdsson all need to go as a start, and we need to get players into the squad who can adequately cover if the first string are not performing.

Then we wouldn’t be playing crazy formations, and we could turf off Doucoure and Richarlison when they’re not up to it and bring in players who can do their jobs.

Ancelotti is not the problem, it’s 5 years of horrid recruitment on top of 20 years of loser mentality at the club.

Brands needs to go.

I would be putting feelers out for Poch though if we keep sliding - I feel he and Mourinho were always the ones who would have pushed us forward.

Dont see whats the point getting rid of coleman as then we need two rb as kenny isnt good enough and would get more money for him. Plus think coleman has been good this season. Would like us to sign somebody like arrons who can push coleman and develop. Agree on sigs delph bernard tosun i would get rid of all

pretty weird selections and formations recently..sorry Carlo, you are better than this

I agree that Ancelotti is not solely to blame. Yes, our players have a crap mentality that's as fragile as a house of cards, but that's Carlo's job to rectify, his laid back approach and giving trust to the players seems to be faltering. They need a rocket up their backsides. Whilst I'm not calling for the sack, he needs to adapt a lot quicker as we've been garbage for a while now

.....we carry a real threat in the top third, I can’t understand why we don’t exploit it.

Not sure if any of you noticed, but Holgate had a free kick just short of the half-way line. An opportunity to knock it into the area but he went back to Pickford. Pickford played a short pass, we lost possession and Leeds missed a great opening.

I don’t get the logic. We didn’t have a playmaker in midfield so we needed to get the ball quickly from back to front but we didn’t. Leeds bomb forward, Leeds press and we played to their strengths. Instead of picking them off we tried to play in our defensive third.

We’re being found out tactically and we’re being found out from a selection perspective.

Dont see whats the point getting rid of coleman as then we need two rb as kenny isnt good enough and would get more money for him. Plus think coleman has been good this season. Would like us to sign somebody like arrons who can push coleman and develop. Agree on sigs delph bernard tosun i would get rid of all

Coleman isn’t good enough and hasn’t been for a few seasons now. He can’t cross a ball. We need a first choice right back and a back up. It costs money though, which we spent in the summer trying to fix our league one standard midfield.

At the moment we have a very good attack, one good midfielder in Allan, and a good left back. Every other position needs serious work on it.

How on earth did the convos go in the summer between brands and Carlo?
If Carlo has no confidence in Kenny then we should have brought someone in. Playing so many square pegs in round holes is baffling given they had months to prepare for a transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back